Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rugged Compact Camera
  • wwaswas

Taking more pictures now I walk the dog a couple of times a day and looking for something with a better lens than my Sony Z5 Compact phone.

I think the primary issue is the lens on the phone so something with a decent lens and a bit of physical zoom.

I also want something I can use in the rain without a case and which will go in a camelbak.

Would also like to be able to transfer pictures without having to move sd cards around – preferably via bluetooth (or wifi?).

No budget set but it’s for fun.

user-removed
    Free Member

Honestly, these days you’re spoilt for choice. The Nikon AW (all weather) range is very, very good. Had one and sold it because I couldn’t bear to leave the big camera at home. Here’s a decent roundup from my favourite photo forum: https://www.ephotozine.com/article/top-10-best-waterproof-tough-cameras-2016-17302

FWIW, if I were to buy another, the Ricoh would be top of the list but a Nikon would be close behind due to your zoom requirements.

nickjb
    Free Member

I’ve just bought the TG4. Seemed to do very well in reviews and having used it for a few weeks now I’m very happy with it. Takes good pictures. A good range of user settings (although does unfortunately fall just short of a full manual mode). The wifi for transferring pictures and remote control works really well. So simple to upload to facebook or copy to the network drive. USB charging so you can charge it in the car but it does use a special lead. Much better that my old waterproof camera.

stumpy01

I bought a Nikon AW100 specifically for our honeymoon in The Maldives as I wanted to do a bit of snorkelling and figured it was a good excuse to buy a new camera.

Bit disappointing though to be honest. Underwater pics were a bit rubbish although there were daily storms that seemed to be making the water not quite as clear as it could have been.
    RRP was the same as my ‘normal’ Nikon compact which widdles all over it in terms of image quality & speed of operation – I guess the rufty toughty case means that compromises in the rest of the camera has to be made.

I’ve seen some great results from the Olympus TG line of cameras.
    May be the more recent Nikon cameras have improved things a lot, but like I say I am not overly impressed with mine.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Buy whatever Olympus TG fits your budget. Simple.

Mine is bombproof, and takes some great snaps. A couple of samples, to illustrate the point;

trail_rat
    Free Member

All taken using a Olympus tg4 mostly by someone with no photographic skills at all….to half of you it probably shows but I liked them .

Another vote for Olympus TG4 here. Had a TG2, which got lost/stolen and was great, but the TG4 has wifi

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Rugged Compact Camera’ is closed to new replies.