• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by DanW.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Rugby world cup promotion & build-up?!
  • smitghga34
    Free Member

With two weeks to go until the start of the rugby world being held in the UK , where the heck is the TV , radio advertising and promotion? Even more bizarre is that I was at Twickenham yesterday for the game (world cup warm up game) and even there I couldn’t see a single promo for the world cup.

Has anyone seen much promo anywhere else?

mrhoppy

It’s on Itv. The adverts have been useless, seennodds and sods whilst watching vuelta coverage.

DanW
    Free Member

I’m surprised the RWC organisers let this thread go ahead for fear of anyone actually finding out that it is starting shortly!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Coyote
    Free Member

If you want to see a master class in not promoting an event look back to the RFL’s promotion of the Rugby League World Cup a couple of years ago. They had an amazing chance to promote what is a fantastic game but sadly wasted it.

zippykona

It could be worse. Tina Turner amazingly , was the face of Australian rugby in the 90s .
    You couldn’t watch a match without being subjected to Simply The Best or her ugly mug.

Pigface
    Free Member

5 Live have been going on about it for a few weeks now.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

We’re obviously reading and watching different stuff, I’ve seen plenty of promo. Tickets sold out months ago, so they are obviously doing a not too bad job of it.

ernie67

As a RL fan i’d snap your hand off for a RU promotion person . I don’t think the Challenge Cup final’s sold out in years , whereas RU can sell out Wembley for a club game .

DanW
    Free Member

Sure it sells well to the fans as there is a great fan-base for Union in the UK but there’s hardly any mention for the wider public.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Rugby world cup promotion & build-up?!’ is closed to new replies.