Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 4,076 total)
  • Rugby Thread 2017/18.
  • mindmap3
    Free Member

Same knee.
    Luckily for Eng Hughes is in good form.

I think the opposite. Was at the Wasps Quins game last week and he was anonymous. Eight oooks like it could be an issue for us with Billy out who gives us a huge amount of go forward.

tjagain

idlejon – 🙄 😉 I thought it obvious I was laughing at the one eyed fan that we all are

Clear red – no issue with that.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Please please let ‘The Tank Engine’ start at 8 for us this Autumn 🙂

In all seriousness though, yep…. we’re a bit weak at 8 minus Billy.

IdleJon

TJ – I was wondering where your sense had gone! Obviously you have little sense anyway, being an Edinburgh fan. 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

Davies unavailable for Friday due to concussion. Someone should tell him he can stop acting now!

anagallis_arvensis

Pissspreys humped by Cheetahs!!

mefty
    Free Member

Scott Baldwin missed game because he was bitten by a Lion – dont want to get on the wrong side of AWJ

DanW
    Free Member

Tryfest so far at Parc y Scarlets. Defending hasn’t been the best especially on the Scarlets side but it’s refreshing to see the quality of drawing men, support lines and passing out of the tackle

anagallis_arvensis

Steff Evans has to get a cap or two in Nov.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Steff Evans has to get a cap or two in Nov.

That was one hell of a performance, wasn’t it?

mindmap3
    Free Member

Sale giving Gloucester a right old dicking tonight. Ouch.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

How to make Andy Powell’s antics look sensible – Get bitten by a lion.

Oh, and on the topic of Andy Powell, this;
    http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rebirth-andy-powell-most-unique-13684396

An excellent piece from the always excellent Simon Thomas.

Twodogs

Close game at Scarlets..my first visit.
    I’m starting to wonder why I support Ospreys…I live equidistant between Liberty and Parc y Scarlets; Scarlets send my tickets free postage whereas Ospreys charge me £2.50 to print them myself (!); parking at Scarlets..£3.00, at Ospreys..£10.00!.

Oh, and Scarlets are good!

Tom-B
    Free Member

Happy times at the A J Bell tonight…..Glaws just how shit do you have to be to lose to us by nearly 50 points 😯

This post was bought to you via a night cap of Jura

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Very happy Sale fan tonight, aren’t many teams I’d prefer to see lose by that many points 🙂
    Just been reading Shedweb,gonna be grinning all weekend.

IdleJon

I’m starting to wonder why I support Ospreys…I live equidistant between Liberty and Parc y Scarlets; Scarlets send my tickets free postage whereas Ospreys charge me £2.50 to print them myself (!); parking at Scarlets..£3.00, at Ospreys..£10.00!.

I’ve said it before – I used to live a 5 minute walk from the Liberty and they managed to lose my business. Now that I’ve moved another 30 minute walk away they’ve got no chance. I’ve always struggled to support them and can’t really explain why. They just aren’t my team. (And I had the same conversation yesterday with an Ospreys regular. He still doesn’t like them much.) A weird team.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

the always excellent Simon Thomas.

😆

Funniest thing on the thread so far.

IdleJon

Scott Baldwin missed game because he was bitten by a Lion – dont want to get on the wrong side of AWJ

There’s an excellent Welsh reaction to a mate being bitten by a lion, if you listen – “Right, boy?” 😆

Twodogs

They just aren’t my team

I think I started cos they are supposed to represent Bridgend (they didn’t) where I went to school, but I don’t really have any deep seated loyalty to them.
    The test will be next week when I go to see Osp v Scarlets, who I find myself cheering for..

IdleJon

The test will be next week when I go to see Osp v Scarlets, who I find myself cheering for..

Middle daughter asked if we could go to that and I agreed. After the performances so far I have changed my mind. As someone at the Whites once said, if the team can’t be bothered to turn up, why should I?

Tom-B
    Free Member

Baldwin video is hilarious!! It’s the inevitably of it that makes it! What an idiot 😆

IdleJon

What’s with this ridiculous ruling about kicking the ball out of a ruck? So, you can drive through a ruck, clearing out the defence but then cannot kick the ball or handle it?

Pigface
    Free Member

I am Ospreys through and through, supported the Whites before that because of my dad. They are horrible this year and the Liberty is awful for rugby. Can’t go with anyone else in Wales.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I am Ospreys through and through, supported the Whites before that because of my dad. They are horrible this year and the Liberty is awful for rugby. Can’t go with anyone else in Wales.

Same here.

Also…..Zebre have won again. I repeat, Zebre have won again. This is not a drill.

dannyh
    Free Member

A splendid afternoon at Welford Road. Exeter played a lot of rugby in the opening exchanges to very little effect. Tigers soaked it up, took their opportunities pretty well and were good for the win. Big mention to Dan Cole and Greg Bateman – near enough the full eighty from both of them. Respect.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Enjoyed SA v AUS

And 2H of Munster

But I find rugby increasingly frightening to watch / specifically the way necks are so exposed at the break down. Horrendous accidents waiting to happen. I just hsve cringed 10x watching this afternoon

onehundredthidiot

The contact area is scary. I’m surprised that there seems to be so much sealing off of the ball by the follow up player binding onto the body on the floor making thw contact harder.

dannyh
    Free Member

The Tigers v Exeter game featured a fair bit of clearing out that was led by the head. It’s tricky because the thuggery has largely gone out of the game, but the players are just so big and athletic that legitimate hits and clear outs can do serious damage.

anagallis_arvensis

Also…..Zebre have won again. I repeat, Zebre have won again. This is not a drill.

Great win over Ulster

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

George North’s Backpack Folau is a weapons grade….

Cheika has just been arguing with journos* that they should “watch the vision” and see that Folau grabbed the collar.

This may help;

*Patronising asshattery saying to journos, “Did you ever play rugby, mate?”.

HT – @RnRRugby

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Very poor officiating on that offence.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Cheika is such a ****!!

anagallis_arvensis

Anagallis juniors first u7 tournament. Currently unbeaten 3 wins and a draw… Saracens up next!!!

dannyh
    Free Member

Tom B – Member
    Cheika is such a ****!!

POSTED 16 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

It must be difficult, though, having to pretend that you really think your guys will beat the ABs when there is basically no chance. Even when they are gifted a 17-0 head start!

duckman

Sinkler obviously has much better taste in biscuits than either Ashton or Hartley. Time taken off for remorse? Ah OK then! 🙄

onehundredthidiot

Sorry Kyle the minimum ban for contact with the eye area is 12 weeks. Oooooo choccie biccies, okaaaay then 7weeks.

Kryton57

Anagallis juniors first u7 tournament. Currently unbeaten 3 wins and a draw… Saracens up next!!!

Good stuff! Kryton junior played his first full contact game at the weekend and it looked a Baptism of fire for all the kids as they realised how much tougher than touch it is. One team in particularly seemed very well drilled, with two rather large didn’t look like 8yo’s chaps deliberately carrying the ball up through the little ones.

He needed a hot bath afterward and I need to help him with his tackle as he’s not getting his shoulder in. 🙂

mindmap3
    Free Member

Sinckler is a lucky boy – I guess the fact that his disciplinary record is OK (certainly compared to the goons mentioned earlier) helped.

Kingston was banging on about something happening to Dave Ward’s eye but nothing seems to have come of that.

anagallis_arvensis

Beirne leaving Scarlets at end of season for Munster.
    Webb leavings Ospreys for Toulon.

I expect TJ will be along shortly to explain how this is a good thing for Welsh rugby.

Meanwhile Sinckler banned for fingers in the eye

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 4,076 total)

The topic ‘Rugby Thread 2017/18.’ is closed to new replies.