Viewing 40 posts - 1,881 through 1,920 (of 4,076 total)
  • Rugby Thread 2017/18.
  • gauss1777
    Free Member

The France v Ireland game could be as exciting. Can’t wait.

tjagain

Time to get the Gin out I think – or is it whisky and a revolver – or is that for Toonie?

taxi25
    Free Member

Game won, in an attacking position and he kicks it out of play WTF!@
    Lets hope the championship doesn’t come down to points difference. Anyway well done Wales 😁

mrhoppy

Scotland awesome in the autumn awful in the six nations. As ever.

ElVino

Very good performance by Wales, too many Scottish players looked to be out of their depth. Centers both poor for example.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I was gutted that Wales didn’t manage to hold them out for a nil.

For all the hype about Hogg he was outshone by Halfpenny who had a fab game.

Scotland’s much vaunted backlije did very little, the back row didn’t have much impact and the line out was woeful. Trouble is I’m worried that means they’ll be very good in a couple of weeks.

Wales looked pretty good. The new faces certainly injected something. Nice to see Adams go well.

tjagain

My take on it?  Scotland in the first half had more than parity but couldn’t get anywhere in midfeild so everything had to go wide.  Scott Williams I thought along with Navidi was excellent in stopping scotland getting anywhere in the middle of the park

The early easy points gave Patchell confidence to go for everything and today was his day.

Scotland vaunted backs?  Unfortunately a fine 10 and back 3 won’t cut it if the centres are doing nothing in attack and McGuigan took a bunch of wrong options.  No big ball carrier in the forwards either.

Second half was back to the bad old days of looking like a beaten team.  No kick chase, dropping off tackles.

For Wales the early gifts gave them the confidence to keep on attacking.  Better all round game.

tjagain

El Vino – you do realise Scotland are missing five centres all of who would be picked certainly before Harris.

rhys
    Free Member

Are you really going to start bringing up who was missing!!!!

mattyfez

I’m Welsh so biased, but Wales seemed to be a lot tighter, and more refined than in recent years.

bigblackshed

Wales dominated every aspect of that game, combined with Scotland imploding on basic fundamentals.

Job jobbed for Wales. I couldn’t have hoped for a better start to the 6N.

tjagain

rhys – just a coment for the poster who said the scots centres looked out of their depth.

mindmap3
    Free Member

But Wales were missing the likes of JD2 in the centres.

Scotland were poor today. Maybe it was just one of those days.

Tom-B
    Free Member

My take *somewhat tongue in cheek*

Scotland have no front row, no real pack, no defence, no centres and were lucky to not end up with no points!

Seriously though, defence…..you defend so narrow that two quick passes crrates an overlap yet straighten up and there’s a huge whole where your centres should be!

tjagain

I think a lot of it was down to tactics and mental preparation.  Scotland looked beaten after 45 mins.  Not something we have seen for a while.

anagallis_arvensis

“you do realise Scotland are missing five centres all of who would be picked certainly before Harris.”

Whilst Wales were missing
    Loopy Liam
    North
    Amos
    Davies
    Morgan
    Biggar
    Webb

You could argue the was an entirely second string welsh backline apart from maybe Parkes.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

My take on it?  Scotland in the first half had more than parity

Really? Were you watching a different game?

Scotland were lucky to be only 14 down at the half. Wales blew a few chances, as they also did in the second half.

If you’ve got no go ahead in forwards, no lineout and a headless chicken at fly half you’re probably not going to win. Factor in a poor scrum, lack of decision making and no ability to change plan A and you’re definitely not going to win.

It was likeTwickenham last year except Wales didn’t take their chances as well. This is why only 2 Scots made the Lions Squad – lack of bottle away from home.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Scotland won’t want my pity, but I really would like them to start doing well. Unfortunately, you now have to wonder if they can win a game.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Hope Johnny comes through in one piece. 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

“I think a lot of it was down to tactics and mental preparation”

Indeed…out coached. Edwards defence really did a number on the Scots and they kept falling into the trap by going wide early and not drawing in any defenders. Apart from i their own 22 Wales just dumped and fanned without contesting the ball and Scotland did try to tie in defenders by using any ball carrying forwards.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Cmon Ireland

tjagain

namastee – we obviously were not watching the same game.  Scotland had most of the territory and possession first half – and most of the errors.  Gifted Wales 14 pts and from that point there was no way back as Scots heads went down and Wales had freedom to try anything – which they took well

http://www.espn.co.uk/rugby/matchstats?gameId=291689&league=180659

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Let’s see how Ireland conspire to lose to this French side.

mindmap3
    Free Member

It’s ok though TJ, they were good errors according to Nicoll! 😂

namastebuzz
    Free Member

TJ

Stats mean nothing. The game isn’t played on a computer.

Possession and territory are meaningless if you don’t do anything clever when you have them. The ABs frequently lose the statistical battle. Big deal.

Wales cut the the Scottish “defense” open frequently in the first half and with a bit more luck would’ve had a couple more tries.

Gifting 14 points? No use bleating about an interception. If you constantly throw long flat passes up in the face of the defensive line then someone’s gonna pick one off. Especially if the scrum half takes two steps before throwing said pass. A blind man could have seen that coming.

Look, just take it on the chin man. You were ****. You got humped. There’s always France next week.

tjagain

Oh yes we did get humped – but to say scotland were the poorer team in the first half is simply not true old chap.  Scotland also cut Wales open a few times.  Second half was one way traffic tho for sure

I wasn’t bleating about the early points – its just a fact and changed the whole game giving Patchell especially confidence to play freely and Scotland chasing the game

Tom-B
    Free Member

First 10 minutes it was all Scotland (minus the tries) next ten it was honours even. Next 60 only one team in it really!

mindmap3
    Free Member

First half was mostly one way traffic too dude. There was one noticeable break by Gray but after that…

France Ireland is a stodgy affair so far.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I hope the 6n isn’t going to be dominated by the over use of the box kick. Ireland’s backs are a joy to watch in full flight. Let them run with the ball not chase it.

anagallis_arvensis

“but to say scotland were the poorer team in the first half is simply not true old chap. ”

It is Wales contained everything the Scots tried and scored two tries themselves.

I see ireland are still playing anti rugby and Moore still hates the French!

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Well to use an Alan Shearer-esque comment, the scoreboard might have indicated which was the poorer team in the first half.

Anyway, take comfort that you’ll never be as bad as France are now.

dufusdip
    Free Member

Scotland forcing the game.  Finn Russell arrogant as **** and centres that are inexperienced on international stage and should have been subbed very early.

Scotland set false expectations on meaningless autumn tests yet again.  looks like a battle with Italy for the spoon and that hurts.

Wales uppes their game massively from autumn tests and blitz worked a treat.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jalibert took a fair hit there from O’Ki. Hope he’s ok – hell of an ask for him to play at his age.

tjagain

“and blitz worked a treat”

Scotland / Glasgow often make space and time on the ball with loops in the centres.  Wales read that superbly.  Scott Williams? That was one of the key things.  Its where Scotland usually get breaks and they didn’t make one like that all game.

Dufus  who would you bring on if you subbed Harris or Jones?  Horne the only centre on the bench and he is hardly a world beater either. although more used to playing with Russell

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

HIA for a bad knee?

Hmmm.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

AA spot on re coaching and duf with the arrogant comment. Like watching a cocky U13s side playing a mature U15 version. Wales stuffed Scotland on and off the pitch. After the Autumn that was sad, but Gatt correct    “Again” 😉

perhaps Scotland could have done with some quality and maturity like a Farrell?

tjagain

its a bit cynical CFH

To go back to the earlier game – Wales defensive lineout was also superb.  The right men jumping and jumping high

Tom-B
    Free Member

Lol a_a yeah Moore really isnti hiding his hatred of the French very well is he!

rhys
    Free Member

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

bigblackshed

And then something from nothing.

#ChasingFrenchGhostsInParis

Viewing 40 posts - 1,881 through 1,920 (of 4,076 total)

The topic ‘Rugby Thread 2017/18.’ is closed to new replies.