Viewing 40 posts - 1,481 through 1,520 (of 4,076 total)
  • Rugby Thread 2017/18.
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

He probably sent an apologetic email.

The Hask helped him. Footage here.

onehundredthidiot

It’s almost as if those citing boards are trying to look like they’re doing something without annoying the rugby unions.
    Time and time again players with plenty of previous getting a reduction for previous good behaviour and contrition in the hearing.
    “hi, have a biscuit I’m very very sorry please let me continue to earn big bucks”

mindmap3
    Free Member

Matt Banahan off to Gloucester after a long career at Bath.

Rumour has it that Wasps have signed Lima Sopoaga, which I guess means that Cipriani will be off to France.

ElVino

Leinster production line seems to be in rare form, Tadgh Furlong went off injured in their annihilation of Ulster and they brought on Andrew Porter who seems to be a chip off the old block,
    Check out the video clip in the attached match report, Andrew Porter also Jordon Lamour seems to be a real prospect at 15

anagallis_arvensis

Good news for Wales with both Moriarty and Loopy Liam on the verge of returns.
    Lydiate out for the season, that lad has had awful injury problems!

Tom-B
    Free Member

To add a bit of balance/mitigation to the Market ban….Ioane (sp) also got a 3 week ban for elbowing Marler in the head just prior to the clearout incident. Not that two wrongs make a right mind.

tjagain

Sounds like Laidlaw should be fit for the 6N – but does he get a place? Ali Price i now the incumbent and clearly a better 9 at gettng the ball away quickly and a better runner. Pyrgos is the closer / steady hand ( but a dip in form) G. Horne is very young nad experienced but looks th best 9 we have.But Laidlaw was the captain, has a great record and is a very competent 9 and a very cool head.

Myself I think he should have played his last game for scotland but can we do without his experience?

namastebuzz
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W45zR0knjg[/video]

Lima Sopoaga signs a 3yr deal with Wasps.

Why is this important? I think it signals the likely end of All Black supremacy.

He’s their no2 fly-half and the only back up to Beauden Barrett with any test experience at 10 (that I can think of). If they can’t keep him in NZ then the ABs are really gonna struggle. In the future they’ll be able to keep their starting 15/23 but not much else as the talent drain to England and France sucks them dry.

Aaron Cruden is already in France along with Dan Carter (Colin Slade too). Tawera Kerr-Barlow has followed. Charles Piutau is probably lost to the ABs for ever and Stephen Luatua too. Brad Shields might turn out for England in time for the RWC.

It’s no longer over-the-hill players looking for a last payday. It’s serious contenders for the current ABs who are defecting.

Presumably this means Cipriani is off to France next year too?

Tom-B
    Free Member

Price at 9 for me for Scotland TJ. How Laidlaw got in the original Lions squad over Care I’ll never know!

mindmap3
    Free Member

Scarlets giving Bath a bit of a kicking. Bath failed to take advantage of Barclay’s yellow card and are no where near as aggressiveatvtge breakdown as they were last week.

anagallis_arvensis

Wasnt expecting that!!

tjagain

Scablets have been playing some fine rugby and given Glasgows general patheticness in the euro cup this year its fine to see another pro 14 team put an ap team out.

I would laugh myself silly if after the PRL attempting to make the euro cup easier for their teams to qualify and all the crowing I see from ap fans on the rugby forum I am on not a single ap team makes the quarters and at this rate that is well possible. Not probable however – I think Sarries and Exeter ( p[ossibly bath?)might go thru.

As things stand bath are the only ap team not in the bottom two in their group and Bath are almost certain to be 3rd in the group after tomorrow.

I know its not gracious of me but you reap what you sew.

tjagain

What happens if Scotland run out of props? I think 4 more injured props might mean we have no pro props left for the bech. Would we have to default? Can’t play a semi pro prop – that would be unsafe.

dantsw13

Personally, I think the Sarrries dominance in recent years is the outlier. We have too many teams compared to the other Home nations. The French just throw money at world class players, so have some great teams. AP teams will mainly struggle for years to come I believe. The only good point is it exposes a large pool of Home talent to a higher level rugby.

onehundredthidiot

I’m getting old and I’ve found another thing I don’t like about the professional game.
    Read the match report for Edinburgh stade game. Half way through realised I had no idea who was playing for what team.

And this is my main moan. So many imports that local talent struggles, how do we encourage grass roots when imported players hang around for 3 years for a national team slot? I suppose I’m thinking specifically Scotland here. I know we’ve always had kilted kiwis etc but I’m losing to love when commentators are calling players on the national team Australian players. I suppose it galls even more that these guys didn’t make their own national team, so we’ve got second rate kiwis and south Africans.

anagallis_arvensis

Was great to see Scarlets pack run the legs off the bigger Bath pack. The difference in physique between Underhill and James Davies is huge and to be fair Underhill was good but Davies hung on the tight and was immense as a 3rd centre on turnover ball accelerating into gaps…thats a gap…not contact.
    As for Beirne he is turning into a player of top quality. Any chance of Ireland picking him now he’s going back?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

As for Beirne he is turning into a player of top quality. Any chance of Ireland picking him now he’s going back?

If they won’t, I’m sure there’ll be a welcome kept in the hillsides for him!

That step last night…! Class.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Early bath for Headshot Hask.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Not clever by Haskell. Guessing that he’ll miss some of the 6N.

Sarries being given a tough time by the Ospreys tonight, especially at scrum time. Sarries look knackered.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I suspect The Hask is currently browsing the biccie selection at Fortnum & Mason. Could be in for a rest…

Ospreys holding out for a draw in a game they should have won. Standard.

tjagain

I’m getting old and I’ve found another thing I don’t like about the professional game.
    Read the match report for Edinburgh stade game. Half way through realised I had no idea who was playing for what team………….

So many imports that local talent struggles,

I think the two Scots teams do pretty well in that regard. Certainly the record of bringing thru good youngsters is good. 11 of the starting 15 are Scotland qualified players with two being “youngsters” with another couple of young guys on the bench. Its not a team stuffed with journey men from south africa or pacific islands although there are a few

tinybits
    Free Member

Such a short memory…. kilted kiwis anyone?
    Believe over a third of the 2015 Scottish squad we’re non Scottish in fact, just had a scan through and something like 12 or 13 players in the Edinburgh squad aren’t Scottish. Not saying that they are worse than others, they may well be better but they sure play the same game!

Exeter looked the business today. They just do everything right. Not flashy but winning rugby.

tjagain

Yes we have a bunch of scottish qualified but non native players – as do most nations. However the way things have been organised over the last ten years this has not been at the expense of home grown talent. 12 or 13 out of a squad of what – 35?

Find a single promising youngster that has not got a contract and look at the young talent coming thru. Adam Hastings, George Horne, Damian Hoyland, Blair Kinghorn, Matt Fagerson are just a few I can think of off the top of my head that have stepped up to pro team level inthe last year or so and are now knocking on the door of the international side.

Yes we recruit scots qualified players but not at the expense of home grown talent and mainly in positions where we have no or little home grown talent.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Billy V has injured his arm. Will be interesting to see what pans out for him and the 6N.

As an English fan, I’m not too confident about the 6N. We stuttered a bit through the autumn and the English teams have struggled in Europe this year. The breakdown remains an issue (Sarries struggled in this department yesterday) and if Billy is broken we lack ball carriers. Ireland look to be in good fettle and are very very organised and clinical, Scotland are playing some great rugby and are confident and if Wales can harness some of the Scarlets approach they’ll probably do well.

anagallis_arvensis

Call the doc a doc!

https://mobile.twitter.com/RugbyLAD7/status/952259855984848896/video/1

Ospreys did well yesterday. A team who start with McCusker at 8 drew with a team who start with Billy V!

if Billy is broken we lack ball carriers

Thats a joke right?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Pretty sure it was McCusker (spl?) who broke Billy as well!

anagallis_arvensis

Was good to see both Scarlets and Ospreys having the upper hand in scrums.
    Backrow still looks a mess for Wales though.

IdleJon

“The Clermont fans on the far side are wearing the same shade of yellow as referee Clancy”

25 minutes into the game and I’m not sure whether the commentator is making a veiled comment on Clancy’s neutrality? 😆

DanW
    Free Member

Call the doc a doc!

Lazy cheap shot shocker from The Hask. I like The Doc’s reply

Hope your shoulder is ok after colliding with this jaw @jameshaskell – Good man for apologizing….just bend those arthritic knees next time pal 😉

mindmap3
    Free Member

if Billy is broken we lack ball carriers
    Thats a joke right?

Not really. Hartley does sweet FA, Robshaw doesn’t really make many yards, neither does Haskell, Hughes is better in the open spaces. Lawes carries well at the mo but he’s not going to do much in heavy traffic. There’s no carrying option in the centres without T’eo.

Leinster handed out a dicking to Glasgow.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Fractured forearm for Billy V so he’ll probably miss the 6n’s. Terrible run of injuries for him in the last 18 months.

anagallis_arvensis

Not really. Hartley does sweet FA, Robshaw doesn’t really make many yards, neither does Haskell, Hughes is better in the open spaces

Mako Vunipola is a monster carrier as is Hughes every other team would want those two in at least their 23. Kruis and Itoje are bloody good carriers too and Lawes isnt great but puts a shift in. Even Robshaw and Hask aint bad.

anagallis_arvensis

Fractured forearm for Billy V so he’ll probably miss the 6n’s.

Bad news for him hope he’s better soon. Him and his bro are amongst the few likeable members of the Orc horde!! 😆

gauss1777
    Free Member

Is it too early to start getting excited about the 6Nations?
    Too early for predictions?

anagallis_arvensis

Too early for predictions?

Wales to be shit, Scotland to look good until they get hammered by someone or other, England to look like getting a grandslam until ireland beat them!

gauss1777
    Free Member

Okay, here goes
    1 England
    2 Ireland
    3 Wales
    4 France
    5 Scotland
    6 Italy

But, it seems quite open this year, so I may only get one at most correct. More interested in other’s (who know more) predictions.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Interesting that you rate the Vunipola’s as likeable a_a. I’ve always thought that they come across as a pair of tools. Met Mako at Twickenham on the opening day of the season and he refused to have a picture with me….fair enough I guess, wouldn’t have hurt would it!

mindmap3
    Free Member

Mako Vunipola is a monster carrier as is Hughes every other team would want those two in at least their 23. Kruis and Itoje are bloody good carriers too and Lawes isnt great but puts a shift in. Even Robshaw and Hask aint bad.

Mako is good but he looked off the pace yesterday. Hughes is good in the open spaces, less hood in traffic and can be bloody lazy too (Wasps v Quinn’s last September being a prime example). Kruis hasn’t been in the training camps and is a shadow of himself since being injured. Lawes has been carrying well. Maybe the bigger issue is that the game plan is so heavily based on Billy making yards even when he shouldn’t that we struggle when he is crooked.

Him and his bro are amongst the few likeable members of the Orc horde!!

Surely your list should also include Hartley, Haskell and Brown too? 😆

Pigface
    Free Member

Has Bastereau got himself into ht water or is it an old story?

anagallis_arvensis

Met Mako at Twickenham on the opening day of the season and he refused to have a picture with me….fair enough

He’s a good welsh boyo. It was most likely your England shirt that put him off!!

Surely your list should also include Hartley, Haskell and Brown too?

Hartley, Teo, Hughes Vunipola 1, Vunipola 2 !!

Viewing 40 posts - 1,481 through 1,520 (of 4,076 total)

The topic ‘Rugby Thread 2017/18.’ is closed to new replies.