Viewing 40 posts - 1,121 through 1,160 (of 4,076 total)
  • Rugby Thread 2017/18.
  • wrecker
    Free Member

Wrecker – sounds like you need a new patio rather than decorating

Summer job.

lycanthropefailed
    Free Member

France 22 Japan 22 ! French are getting better. 😀

wrightyson
    Free Member

Not that I didn’t see the match but what the **** is up with BBC news? Reported on every game including the women’s result but no mention for England?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mindmap3
    Free Member

Wrecker you got mugged off there! I’d have said the decorating can wait and orried about the fall out afterwards.

It is easier to ask forgiveness than it is permission after all.

wrecker
    Free Member

Wrecker you got mugged off there! I’d have said the decorating can wait and orried about the fall out afterwards.

Full disclosure is I did that the other weekend when went to watch Arg vs Eng at Twickers, and she’s pregnant and not to be messed with at the current time. She wants the front room done for christmas.
    I had a brief coffee break for the england vs samoa game. For I think the first time, I was a bit conflicted with the Bristol contingent playing for Samoa!

psling
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis – Member 

Pleased for you but doubt I’ll ever see Wales beat them

Can still just about remember the celebrations after Llanelli beat them. Tra-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-lee, Llanelli 9 New Zealand 3. Max Boyce was there apparently… 😆

Anything is possible.

IdleJon

Can still just about remember the celebrations after Llanelli beat them. Tra-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-lee, Llanelli 9 New Zealand 3. Max Boyce was there apparently…

It’s mentioned at length every single time NZ play in Wales, and far too regularly at other times. Other teams have beaten them – Swansea were the first club team to beat the ABs. (Although it was 1935!)

tjagain

I’m still in shock. Was it all a dream? roll on the 6N

anagallis_arvensis

I still think Scotland will be vulnerable to England and Ireland. Look much better than Wales though.

onehundredthidiot

If I was hogg I don’t know what would be more frustrating.
    The injury or having maitland on the pitch.

Tom-B
    Free Member

6 N’s should be interesting. Great win for Scotland, great to see Sale Sharks winger Byron Mcguigan getting two tries and MoM….he’s having a top season.

mikey3
    Free Member

That Byron mcguigan isn’t Scottish though is he? can anyone just play for any country these days,like a united nations international teams these days,maybe Wales can grab some all black cast offs:)

Tom-B
    Free Member

Born in Namibia, raised in SA I believe…..it’s a daft situation isn’t it!

BruceWee

Born in Namibia, raised in SA I believe…..it’s a daft situation isn’t it!

His mother’s from Glasgow. There have been dafter situations.

onehundredthidiot

mickey3 really? Have you just noticed? There are a few “nationals” in each team but a lot of imports.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

There have been dafter situations.

Indeed. At least he hasn’t played rugby* for another country, or posed in the shirt of the country he was hoping to play for before deciding where his wallet lay.

In other news, I’m really glad the Ospreys game wasn’t on the tellybox. 🙁

*OK, it was only run and wriggle, but…

hamishthecat

Go Chiefs!

kennyp
    Free Member

I was at Murrayfield yesterday, didn’t sober up till around lunchtime today and am now drinking again.

The thing I’m loving most about Scotland these days is that when they’re good they’re really good, and when they’re bad they’re still bloody entertaining.

gordimhor

I knew Ospreys were struggling but …Ospreys 6 Glasgow 47.

anagallis_arvensis

maybe Wales can grab some all black cast offs

We get Hadleigh Parkes!!! 🙁

Pigface
    Free Member

Somebody take Tandy a long way from the Liberty 😥

Tom-B
    Free Member

Guessing that was the Glasgow second XV too given most of them play for Scotland!

Just seen the clip of Steenson having to feed a scrum as the Exeter 9 was in the bin…..fed it straight, ball went straight through the scrum and out the other side 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Moriarty to the Dregs.

Not NDC, apparently.

DanW
    Free Member

I wonder if Wales can find 15 blokes not injured or back playing in England for the weekend let alone a starting team plus bench?

Tom-B
    Free Member

They’re really struggling at 3 aren’t they!

Sad to see…..I guess it’s a money thing, but why are Wales playing 4 tests this Autumn? I thought that it’d been agreed that Lions year meant a reduced aumtumn international schedule?

tjagain

Tom B – Member

Guessing that was the Glasgow second XV too given most of them play for Scotland!

14 players on international duty. Calumn Gibbins ( half man half mullet) Perhaps the only regular first team player. Ospreys lose ten tho and probably have worse strength in depth

Tom-B
    Free Member

Ah right, hadn’t considered that Spreys would lose that many!

anagallis_arvensis

.I guess it’s a money thing, but why are Wales playing 4 tests this Autumn

Same every year..bloody stupid.

I have been hoping Lee would be fit, fingers crossed.

No Liam, No Owen Williams, no Faletau, No Francis, no Priestland

1/2p
    Amos
    S Williams
    Heddy Lamar
    Evans
    Biggar
    ? presume G Davies is out with HIA
    No idea at 8
    shingler/Navidi
    Tips/Navidi
    Cory BIL Hill
    AWJ
    Lee/Brown with my nan as bench cover
    Owens
    Evans

Bench

Best
    Not
    Worry
    About
    Such
    Things
    My Nan

anagallis_arvensis

Ospreys lose ten tho and probably have worse strength in depth

Probably???
    Lost by 50pts at home!!!

DanW
    Free Member

I thought NotToby was available? Phillips might have to step up from puffing through a half with the Scarlets at the rate we are losing 9’s as well!

mindmap3
    Free Member

I thought NotToby was available? Phillips might have to step up from puffing through a half with the Scarlets at the rate we are losing 9’s as well!

The Guardian are reporting that Bath may be fined if they release him for a game outside of the international window like Saints did a few seasons ago.

I’m amazed that Wales have gone with the fourth test in a Lions year. Big workload for their Lions players.

DanW
    Free Member

Either way, he’s going to wish he was still at the Dragons playing one and half club games a season after the rugby he’s got through

anagallis_arvensis

I’m amazed that Wales have gone with the fourth test in a Lions year.

You obviously havent been following welsh rugby closely for the last 10 years. The WRU dont give a shit about the players.
    Part of the reason Wales are so low down the world rankings is playing the top 3 every year and losing and this then means Gatland cant experiment with new players until the world cup seedings are done.

anagallis_arvensis

Talupe can play apparent as can Andrews (well he’s free to play anyway). Tips injured again, Ball having surgery. No word on Samson Lee.

dantsw13

It does seem England are the only home nation who have managed to stem the talent drain & maintain player control. Are the AP/England salaries that much higher than the Pro12/Wal/Sco/Ire internationals?

jimdubleyou

In other news, residents ballot tickets for Twickenham are getting silly money now – £97 + £3 “service fee” for Cat4 (I assume in the gods).

dantsw13

AA that must be immensely frustrating knowing your top team can challenge with the best, but piss poor WRU organisation & ineligible players ties a hand behind your back. I guess SA is in a very similar position.

dantsw13

Jim – my FiL used to be a debenture holder, but the prices were getting outrageous. 10k each, plus you have to pay full price for tickets! Nothing extra at all apart from the ability to buy a ticket. Sadly hd gave them up.

Interestingly he is also an associate member at Lords – membership fee very low, but a 20 year waiting list, and a tough application process.

DanW
    Free Member

Scott Williams confirmed as off to the Ospreys. Any other time that would be a good signing but the guy has been struggling immensely since his injuries.

In other news, Mike Phillips looks set to get a start for the Scarlets which should be interesting to see how he lasts!

anagallis_arvensis

Mike Phillips looks set to get a start for the Scarlets which should be interesting to see how he lasts!

At altitude too….get the oxygen for half time!!!

Williams for Fontia is a good deal but why would he do it? I’m hoping it means they are clearing wage space for North.
    Still not as odd as Moriarity to the dregs though.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,121 through 1,160 (of 4,076 total)

The topic ‘Rugby Thread 2017/18.’ is closed to new replies.