Viewing 40 posts - 921 through 960 (of 4,076 total)
  • Rugby Thread 2017/18.
  • IdleJon

Well they’ve booed absolutely everything that hasn’t gone their way, even Seymour very obviously taking the ball into his own in-goal area. Do they expect the ref to ignore things out of charity?

IdleJon

But that aside great performance from Scotland

NZ haven’t really started playing yet.If Scotland can stop them doing that they’ll win. Not many teams can do that, though.

anagallis_arvensis

Best no try half I’ve seen for a while!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Might put a tenner on Scotland v England in 6N as it is at Boofield – always a chance that they get some revenge from last year if they play like this

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well they’ve booed absolutely everything that hasn’t gone their way, even Seymour very obviously taking the ball into his own in-goal area. Do they expect the ref to ignore things out of charity?

It’s like watching a game at the Stagnhenality.

anagallis_arvensis

If Hogg has landed on his head no doubt it would have been red

I’m not sure Naholo tackled him really so a red would have been very harsh imo.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

True – but this is where the outcome based issue comes in.

tallie
    Free Member

Good win for England although the score flatters us a tad…

Great half from Scotland – hope they can keep it up!

Watson had a good 20mn until he went off – TJ clearly has a point!

IdleJon

It’s like watching a game at the Stagnhenality.

If there’s booing in Cardiff it tends to be because Cuthbert has passed the ball to the linesman. Or tripped over the corner flag. Or run into a post. Or whichever of his amusing japes he’s managed to produce to avoid actually catching the ball and scoring.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

A Nicoll remarkably restrained – and they are not even losing 😀

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’ll take that win over Australia even if two of the worst minutes of play this weekend lead to the first try. Thought Lawes was very very good.

Scotland look to be swimming against the black tide having failed to take their opportunities in the first half.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

How many high tackles are the ABs going to get away with ?

Damn I am criticising the ref now.

Tom-B
    Free Member

I reckon TJ Perenara is my least favourite player in world rugby, blokes a tool

Edit, Barrett is a bit good isn’t he!

5plusn8
    Free Member

Considering all the penalties on the line, why no penalty try?

Kryton57

What’s this cumberband the AB replacement are wearing?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Cmon Scotland

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Aaahhhh

tallie
    Free Member

Great game from Scotland – so close.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Ah great stuff from Hogg, cops a lot of stick for being a tool at times, in bits in his interview though, great player going forwards

gordimhor

Scotland played well for much of the game but let ourselves down by not executing simple plays and set pieces at key moments. It’s the same old story.

gordimhor

Well played NZ

anagallis_arvensis

Cracking game. Doffs virtual cap to the Scots. I would have cried tears of joy had Hogg gone in at the end!!

Considering all the penalties on the line, why no penalty try?

No clear try scoring opportunity.

flanagaj
    Free Member

Well played NZ

At least someone commended NZ for their win.

wrecker
    Free Member

It’s a crying shame really. They were good enough to win that but couldn’t score due to all of the cheating going on. Shite scrum though.

IdleJon

No, we’ve agreed that there’s no cheating on the pitch – the refs are all excellent. 😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The green machine trounced the mighty Fiji 23-20. 😆

theotherjonv

Just watching Eng – Aus highlights. And they call us whingeing poms.

Nige wouldn’t have stood for those mocking looks.

duckman

That was a sore one to take, NZ were better,but we go from shite to world beating to shite without seeming to have any consistency in what we do improve.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Scotland wasted their 1st half superiority in not building a lead. They were by far the better side, certainly in the first half – and probably the second – but put nothing on the scoreboard to show that.

Hogg needs to not be trying to beat the opposition all on his own. He was class today though.

tjagain

I only saw bits and piece of the game – at work but from what I saw Scotland pushed NZ close and even had a chance of winning. It shows how far we have come to be disappointed in losing to the all blacks by 5 pts. We need fear no one in the world now and we finished with our 4th choice front row on the park

Roll on the 6 nations/ We need fear no one. There isn’t any set of backs in the NH to better us – thats the one positive from today and if / when we have our top front row back?

Kryton57

Roll on the 6 nations/ We need fear no one.

😀

tjagain

wrecker – Member

It’s a crying shame really. They were good enough to win that but couldn’t score due to all of the cheating going on. Shite scrum though.

4th choice front row by the end if not fifth

mindmap3
    Free Member

Scotland, like all of the NH teams lack composure in the 22 / when the try line is beckoning. They should have built a score when penalties were on offer. I know it’s not cool or sexy to kick for goal, but it builds pressure on the opposition. Fair play for not getting dicked though, they certainly fronted up.

England really haven’t clicked this autumn and don’t look like a smooth, cohesive team certainly not compared to last season. They do keep winning though, so I’ll take that.

6N will be interesting; the press can’t get enough of Ireland, England will have a big target in them, Scotland are playing an exciting, carefree game and Wales are trying to play more expensively too. France will no doubt be France and Italy will be poo no doubt.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Not too keen on that new green kit England were playing in today.

mindmap3
    Free Member

And to top today off, Worcester actually won a game, beating Saints with a bonus point.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

As we’re celebrating all things Rugby, I’m just chuffed we (just) beat the French..

wrecker
    Free Member

Worcester winning certainly makes it interesting. WTF is going on at saints though?

duckman

Wuss are a bland team that plays awful rugby…However I would see the not-nots gone;so that is probably the single result this season I am most happy about. 😀

anagallis_arvensis

As we’re celebrating all things Rugby

I’m not!

vondally
    Free Member

There at Murray field yesterday great effort and composure around the five metre line really needed.

Mr Seymour a rare shocker, price and Russell excellent, Jones and Hogg sublime. Hogg was going nowhere at the end on that run the angle and defence always meant the try was unlikely.

For TJ Mr H Watson was immense whilst on the pitch, as was Barclay.

All Blacks played better than getting credit for their goal is Japan 2019 and theyh have some talent.

Great game , good day out and bring on 6 nations England will be a cracking game but England are still the favourites better players all round at the moment but Gregor Townsend looks to have benefited from Cotters work and introduced a good style of rugby suited to the Scots.

Wales looked dire and England rolled it out

Viewing 40 posts - 921 through 960 (of 4,076 total)

The topic ‘Rugby Thread 2017/18.’ is closed to new replies.