Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 4,076 total)
  • Rugby Thread 2017/18.
  • duckman

Fell asleep watching Scarlets/ bath…dont think I will bother watching it,the weather can kill a game; can’t it? Teej; is the Embra/Russia game on anywhere?

anagallis_arvensis

Go to 24.15

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auoxdQX3xyw&feature=youtu.be&t=1453[/video]

tjagain

Duckman – I don’t think so

tjagain

CFH – the rumour is drugs

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

‘Sporting’ or ‘recreational’?

Either way, idiot.

IdleJon

Brutally entertaining Bledisloe Cup match this morning. Barnes can be a very weak ref, can’t he?

tjagain

Edinburghput 70+ points on Krasny Ya 😯

anagallis_arvensis

Hello, just come here so I dont have to look there…Lopez, agony, leg……I dont like that sort of thing….how long before BT sport decide to cut away?

anagallis_arvensis

Nope still not nice. BT blaming french pictures

thegreatape
    Free Member

The scream was enough to tell you how bad that was 🙁

anagallis_arvensis

Hartley a lucky boy

duckman

Ref in the Saints game(and as an ex ref I feel dirty saying it) is a total bombscare.

tallie
    Free Member

duckman – Member
    Ref in the Saints game(and as an ex ref I feel dirty saying it) is a total bombscare.

He is having a bit of a shocker isn’t he?

anagallis_arvensis

Shitehouse has missed the memo about not taking out the 9 at the ruck hasnt he!!

jca

…never mind the one about sanctions for contact with the head…

IdleJon

Ospreys giving Sarries a hard time, and playing some decent rugby.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, Saracens uncharacteristically cack handed, which is perhaps flattering the Ospreys a little.

Some nice rugby on show, though!

Stoner
    Free Member

Sarries playing with 30 left hands.

Despite commentators whining I can’t see that not being a penalty try.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

There was cover behind him. Yellow maybe, if we are to assume that the concept of a deliberate knock on can be refereed (As it requires the ref to know the intent!).

So, yellow probably, penalty try probably not.

Oh, and Calum Clark is still a violent, thuggish piece of shit who should never have been allowed back on a pitch.

Stoner
    Free Member

Swinging weak arm, nowhere near the tackle lock? I think we know the intention there 😉

And cover was coming in on the late bus. No chance of stopping last man.

Stoner
    Free Member

Nice osprey try. Tackles? What tackles?

Edit, what a steal by spencer!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

🙂

onehundredthidiot

Forgetting about the yellow.

There’s a scrum at 43 minutes in the saints game and the camera angle shows Hartley’s bind over the tighthead. The strapping over his hand wouldn’t look out of place in an MMA ring.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Surprised that Ospreys gave Sarries such a game given how poor they’ve this season so far. Two points out of that game isn’t a bad result really, especially away from home.

Saints were poor again yesterday. Guessing the teams they put out for their remaining games will be a bit weak so they can concentrate on the AP.

IdleJon

And cover was coming in on the late bus. No chance of stopping last man.

Being one-eyed, I could see two tacklers in place. There wasn’t a definite try. It was yellow though.

I also thought that Tompkins set up his first try with a nice T’eo* style forearm smash to the face. Penalty Ospreys.

*where does that apostrophe go?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Big win for Exeter today!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Marlon Yarde on a disciplinary break as well, I gather.

tallie
    Free Member

Nasty looking head injury for Saili at the end of the Quins Wasps game…

mindmap3
    Free Member

Marler in being a dick shocker last night.

Wasps looked better yesterday but still some way to go. Le Roux still looks like a poor signing; he must be on a ton of cash but makes soooo many daft mistakes.

Will May be able to bring his scoring form to the AI’s? He’s been a good acquisition for the Tigers. Ford’s form is on the up too.

onehundredthidiot

May’s got speed but he spends a lot of time going across the pitch. He needs to straighten, I know he’s looking for a gap or mismatch but too often he runs into a tackle.

tinybits
    Free Member

8 tries in 6 games means he’s going forward some of the time though!

anagallis_arvensis

May is a decent player but I doubt he will ever be a top class international winger. Big, fast and clumsy bit lacking in rugby brain!

Kryton57

In a slight diversion from top class Rugby, it was my turn to accompany Jnr to his match(es) yesterday. This was the 5th/6th matches the U10’s have played since full contact was introduced.

It got a little bit dusty. As a former player I got over excited almost becoming a touch judge in my eagerness to follow his play up and down the pitch shouting instructions. The experience was as exciting as any international I’ve seen.

The kids are really getting stuck in. Even after injury – a smack on the nose and a bleeding fat lip for one, several windings, and with KJ01 specifically some slightly bruised ribs their tenacity, commitment to the tackles, going forward clinging to the ball during tackles and pace of some of the tries was astounding – and I speak of the opposition teams as well.

Also, some of the kids are starting to show their naturally positioning as they develop and grow physically. You can see those running straight and hard starting to play off the SH position, my boy (he’s short and fast) seemed to naturally defer to SH and was sweeping the defensive line, and coming into the passing line on attack during running play.

What heartened me most that even at this level, when there’s an injury the kids instantly walk over to help their team mate, respect for “Sir” is there and some handshakes and hugs at the end of the matches with the oppo were heartwarming.

And these are 8/9 year olds, I came away feeling very proud of 60 kids from various clubs who showed teamwork, courage and humanity at such an early age.

Anyway, as you were…

mindmap3
    Free Member

May is a decent player but I doubt he will ever be a top class international winger. Big, fast and clumsy bit lacking in rugby brain!

He’s a space cadet – even Jones has said that’s he’s a nightmare to coach because he’s in a world of his own! But he’s doing a good job and scoring lots of tries this season. With Yarde being a tool and getting dropped yesterday, I’m guessing May is almost a shoe in.

Hughes had one of his better games yesterday which was good to see – carried pretty well, good at the breakdown and a massive hand off of Dave Ward.

novaswift
    Free Member

Hardie suspended for cocaine use according to BBC Scotland. What age is he ….17? Arse

anagallis_arvensis

Wales squad announced tomorrow I think. Any fit flankers?
    Hope to see a midfield of Watkin and Morgan at some point

anagallis_arvensis

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/41728802

Three English people who play for England cited from this weekend.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Hartley, Hughes and Marler have all been cited.

Marler I’m not so fussed about, Hartley isn’t the best hooker at the mo but it’ll be interesting to see who is picked if George is promoted to starting hooker.

Hughes is potentially a loss given the eight cupboard is a bit bare.

anagallis_arvensis

Wales: Rob Evans, Wyn Jones, Nicky Smith, Leon Brown, Tomas Francis, Samson Lee, Kristian Dacey, Elliot Dee, Ken Owens, Jake Ball, Adam Beard, Seb Davies, Cory Hill, Alun Wyn Jones, Sam Cross, Taulupe Faletau, Dan Lydiate, Josh Navidi, Aaron Shingler, Justin Tipuric; Aled Davies, Gareth Davies, Rhys Webb, Dan Biggar, Rhys Patchell, Rhys Priestland, Owen Williams, Jonathan Davies, Tyler Morgan, Hadleigh Parkes, Owen Watkin, Hallam Amos, Alex Cuthbert, Steffan Evans, Leigh Halfpenny, Liam Williams

No Scott Williams no Jamie Roberts and no Charteris, Charteris a big shock. Parkes in is a bit odd as he cant play till the last game not sure he is international standard anyway.
    Cupboard bare in backrow, Cross only made his Osprey debut last week. Lydiate in is shit but I guess in the circumstances makes sense.

BillOddie

In a slight diversion from top class Rugby, it was my turn to accompany Jnr to his match(es) yesterday. This was the 5th/6th matches the U10’s have played since full contact was introduced.

It got a little bit dusty. As a former player I got over excited almost becoming a touch judge in my eagerness to follow his play up and down the pitch shouting instructions. The experience was as exciting as any international I’ve seen.

The kids are really getting stuck in. Even after injury – a smack on the nose and a bleeding fat lip for one, several windings, and with KJ01 specifically some slightly bruised ribs their tenacity, commitment to the tackles, going forward clinging to the ball during tackles and pace of some of the tries was astounding – and I speak of the opposition teams as well.

Also, some of the kids are starting to show their naturally positioning as they develop and grow physically. You can see those running straight and hard starting to play off the SH position, my boy (he’s short and fast) seemed to naturally defer to SH and was sweeping the defensive line, and coming into the passing line on attack during running play.

What heartened me most that even at this level, when there’s an injury the kids instantly walk over to help their team mate, respect for “Sir” is there and some handshakes and hugs at the end of the matches with the oppo were heartwarming.

And these are 8/9 year olds, I came away feeling very proud of 60 kids from various clubs who showed teamwork, courage and humanity at such an early age.

Anyway, as you were…

It’s bloody great isn’t it. I coach my son’s team. It’s one of the most rewarding things I have done.

However, what sucks is when your kid gets concussion at age 9…he’s not the biggest lad, went in for a tackle got bounced off by a big lump and bounced his head off the ground. Out for a few secs, now in the Concussion Protocol.

Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 4,076 total)

The topic ‘Rugby Thread 2017/18.’ is closed to new replies.