Viewing 40 posts - 3,361 through 3,400 (of 6,096 total)
  • Rugby thread 2016/2017
  • dantsw13

Not seen the match – had it recorded, but couldn’t avoid spoilers.

I was genuinely fearful of a resurgent Scotland today. They got off to a bad start, an once we were ahead and playing with confidence it was curtains.

Scotland haven’t become a bad team – they need to use it as a learning opportunity, much like when England got humped in Cardiff a few years back. They are a young team with potential, but the perennial lack of depth has hurt them.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Here’s an exhaustive list of Scotland forwards who’ll make the Lions tour after that showing:

………

😆 😆 😆

anagallis_arvensis

Surprised how little impact the Scottish back row had in the game. I was expecting them to really take us apart and win an awful lot of turnovers.

Not much suprise, their front 5 was beasted and they are all midgets anyway. A lot of refs like whatsit w last night and todays ref dont seem to ping hanging on so players like Barclay are less useful.
    As I said last week Wales battered them first half but couldnt finish and then fell away second half but England battered them even more AND could finish so it was always on the cards. England have a massive quality pack and their strength is exactly where Scotland are weak. Forwards win games, backs decide by how much, the old adage was true today.

So can we put to bed calls for the Grey brothers to be Lions?

Launchbury
    Lawes
    Itoje
    AWJ

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mindmap3
    Free Member

Bayfield is massive. Seen him a few times at Sixways and couldn’t believe how tall he is in person. One of my mates is pretty big (played lock) and he looked like a Hobbit next to him!

akira

Fair comments mostly but few people can’t seem to win graciously, dread to see what they’ll be like when England’s current winning trend changes.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Correct AA with AWJ the midweek captain as discussed. (Two years too late for the 1xv and I’m a big fan)

Grays were ruled out today ditto Russell. Geeks and Laidlaw were honest on that after the match. He panicked and you can’t do the against the AB.

An England front five, two welsh flankers with CJ and one England front five as the impact and Billy at 8. Sorted 😉

Only tough call is where to put Itoje.

BruceWee

As always Matt Dawson sums up the feelings of all English people.

A 40-point whipping of Scotland and we have to look towards the World Cup.

Stoner
    Free Member

anyone know of a live stream of the U20 match? Showing on Sky Sports Mix (free to air channel) I gather.

anagallis_arvensis

Only tough call is where to put Itoje.

Not really Stander and Warburton are better 6’s.
    Cole, Hartley Marler may struggle to make the test starters too.

Hogg
    Nowel
    Joseph
    Still not sure
    North
    Sexton
    Murray
    Not sure
    Warburton
    Stander
    Launchbury
    Itoje
    Furlong
    Not sure
    McGrath or Healey( wonder if he may start v england next week) wouldnt pick Marler on principle, would take Mako first.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Great idea 😉 to leave out the two players who dominated the match today! Too much focus on the final scorers and not enough on the ones who created the opportunities.

(Although tbf I’m not sure about one of them as he can’t tackle well enough)

ferrals
    Free Member

grahamt1980 – Member

Ferrals, the yellow card he wanted to give was for a second high tackle that the replays showed it wasn’t, was just a late tackle which didn’t deserve a yellow.
    Plus the tip tackle could arguably been red so i wouldn’t complain too much as the score would have only been worse with Scotland at 14 men all match

Ah my mistake (re. the rescinded yellow).

I did think the tip tackle was going to be a red. It was a fifty fifty call IMO, lucky for Scotland he landed on his back.

dantsw13 – Member

Scotland haven’t become a bad team – they need to use it as a learning opportunity, … They are a young team with potential, but the perennial lack of depth has hurt them.

Completely agree.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

The tip tackle law is looking an ass as most outcome based laws are.

grahamt1980

I think it was lucky for the game that the tip was only a yellow as it would have messed with the structure even more than the injuries did

anagallis_arvensis

Great idea to leave out the two players who dominated the match today

Who are they then?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

The ones that the two most experienced pundits were eulogising over.

vondally
    Free Member

Farrell is unlikely to be picked at 12 for lions as Mr Gattland will want a big heavy centre to punch holes…..Might be incorrect but…. Ford losing out to Farrell at 10 for the Lions Murray number One then perm one from Russell, Farrell, Biggar.

Hooker will be either Best or Hartley with maybe George as the outsider and possibly best candidate.

8 will be Billy, maybe for 60 the Heaslip

Marler nowhere, on principle and performance so Mako

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Oh do stop teasing, you little tease.

anagallis_arvensis

8 will be Billy, maybe for 60 the Heaslip

Heaslip got owned by Moriarty last night…I think Gatland will go Billy and Faletau.

I was cooking dinner. I know it goes against your every guiding principle but could you just give a straight answer?

anagallis_arvensis

Just seen Fickous try for france, great interplay and finished with panache…just like the France of old…maybe Ireland could poach Fickou in time for the Lions???

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Fair comments mostly but few people can’t seem to win graciously, dread to see what they’ll be like when England’s current winning trend changes.

Well if we can’t be a a touch boisterous after a 40 point scunnering of the Jocks then when can we be? 😆

My English hating mate, Dod, has been here all day. We’ve watched 3 Super Rugby games, the two 6N matches and now I’m inflicting the U-20 game on him too before we watch the Vancouver 7s.

He’s been spitting feathers….. 😆

namastebuzz
    Free Member

.just like the France of old..

Errr….. except they were playing Italy. Who are shite.

akira

I don’t mind a loss when we’ve been playing badly, but to play well then fall apart for the Calcutta Cup is a bit galling.

Kryton57

Well if we can’t be a a touch boisterous after a 40 point scunnering of the Jocks then when can we be?

This. We all know our team will lose one day, possibly next week, but for now i’d like to bask in the current glory of being second to only the mighty AB’s, laying waste to every other team in our path. 😀

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

How embarrassing. 😐

igm

To be honest given Scotland’s injury list this year, I’m only surprised that didn’t happen earlier in the tournament.

That said congratulations to the chariot boys.

wrecker
    Free Member

How embarrassing.

There’s a lot more embarrassing than being no2 in the world, unbeaten in what 18 games and sat at the top of the 6n table. Not sure what that is but I’m sure you can help………
    Even better than seeing England doing Weill is seeing the floppy hat wearers gnash and wail. Gives me a nice warm smug contented glow. Please carry on.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

QED.

somafunk

Well played England, you ripped us a new one, we were abysmal and i considered it was touch n’ go as to how the game would progress within the first 10 mins but following that i threw in the towel as did the Scottish team from my perspective……ho-hum – back to the training ground 😀

igm

the floppy hat wearers

Help me out. Who?

French stereotype maybe. Berets?

wrecker
    Free Member

QED

Says the supporter equivalent of residency qualified 😀 move along son.

Help me out. Who?

The scourge of the real rugby fan at the millennium stadium. The drunken, floppy daffodil hat wearing halfwit.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Yet I choose to spurn the country of smug arses and take the country of my blood. What’s it like to be rejected by one of your supposed own? It must hurt. Makes you think.

The scourge of the real rugby fan at the millennium stadium. The drunken, floppy daffodil hat wearing halfwit.

Do you say Bristol or Brizzle?
    And you could always embrace the pantomine instead of trying to take the piss, not like the english don’t make visual c***s of themselves either.

#MothToAFlame

Kryton57

Is this were he gets to be a feisty sore loser and gets banned again? 😉

anagallis_arvensis

The drunken, floppy daffodil hat wearing halfwit.

I didnt know we had met 😆

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

No I’m not. I’m Welsh.
    Cymru Am Byth and I like that you’re desperate to call me english, I like that this Gog had the misfotune to be dropped in a cesspit. I’m happy that I have no english traits and that’s because I’m not, I’m Welsh. I’m Welsh to the degree that I can pull ancesters who farmed Cadair Idris for generations.
    How I love that that pisses you off. 😆

Kryton57

Funny thing is, no pissed of by the fact you’re Welsh, except perhaps the Welsh reading this. 😀

allthepies
    Free Member

Well this is panning out nicely isn’t it 🙂

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Funny thing is, no pissed of by the fact you’re Welsh, except perhaps the Welsh reading this.

Could you write this again, but this time in proper english, please? 😈

anagallis_arvensis

Kryton is clearly pissed.
    I’m worried Jambas head has exploded trying to count up the England score!!!

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

😆
    I’m happy that wrecker is still flying the flag of the crusades, and losing again.

Kryton57

Kryton is clearly pissed.

This is true.

Doesn’t detract from my attempt at Welsh in response to Captain Cymru. 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 3,361 through 3,400 (of 6,096 total)

The topic ‘Rugby thread 2016/2017’ is closed to new replies.