Viewing 40 posts - 3,081 through 3,120 (of 6,096 total)
  • Rugby thread 2016/2017
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Ospreys put it to Edinburgh 😆 a modicum of revenge for last week. Things are bleak have to take small pleasures when they are offered.

Spud

Well that was a disappointing evening at Welford Road, Tigers outplayed by Chiefs. Can’t even moan about some of the refereeing decisions, Tigers dug their own hole tonight..

Pigface
    Free Member

😆

[video]https://youtu.be/ffrbcnWA-Fc[/video]

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Opened the thread to post the same video!

duckman

Thats fantastic!

mindmap3
    Free Member

Good win for Worcester today, should hopefully be safe now. First half won it for them. Hougaard was very goodbye again.

Brizzol looked a bit lacklaster considering the importance of the game.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Madigan to Brizzle then?

DD will have the #strangest……

dantsw13

And Billy back in the England training squad. I don’t expect him to play before Ireland, but good news!

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Pigface did you see his facebook post, asked for help finding the ballboy so he could give him his matchday shirt. Found him 🙂

This is why rugby is the greatest team sport in the world. Anyone know the ballboy? Will send him my match Jersey to keep. #goodsport https://t.co/2Hk2zjXIcI

Posted by Nigel Ref Owens on Saturday, March 4, 2017

The kid posted on Nigel Owen’s page – see my link above, he also changed his profile picture to the yellow card moment 🙂

https://www.facebook.com/joe.downey.104855?fref=ufi&rc=p

wrecker
    Free Member

Brizzol looked a bit lacklaster considering the importance of the game.

That’s an understatement! that was as badly as we have played since AR left. ON the bright side, it’s likely to be the best team the championship has ever seen.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Well, having watched the first two rounds of Super Rugby:

THE LIONS ARE NOT GOING TO BEAT THE ALL BLACKS

The NZ teams seem to have evolved over the close season. Everyone is passing like Aaron Smith, every high kick is contestable, there’s always someone in support. It’s like watching 7s being played with 15 a side.

There are mistakes, sure, but compared to the AP/Pro12/6N they’re miles ahead.

Kryton57

Oh dear Scotland. All the Jocks wandering around telling people they are going to smash England for the first time in 34 years at Twickers. Jones is about to put out almost our strongest team out, and then add the usual “finishers” plus Billy V and Watson.

This is only going one way my kilt wearing friends…

/troll 😉

dantsw13

Kryton – I might think it, but I certainly wouldn’t say it!!!

namastebuzz
    Free Member

What’s all this about pudding……? 😉

The thing is, the Jocks have to win at Twickers some time surely? If Scotland play the way they have and England do likewise then Scotland will win.

Personally I think England are due a good ‘un and Scotland might get spanked but maybe that’s wishful thinking.

gordimhor

England certainly should win. Rugby is in a much stronger position in England and therefore England have a far bigger pool of players to choose from,
    Scotland have lost some first choice players and while the squad is better than it had been for many years it is still stretched. England have home advantage and with the crowd behind them should be too much for Scotland. A good start from England should ease any nerves in the crowd.
    All I ask of Scotland is that they give their all.

duckman

But I thought there were lots of “Jocks” wandering around (in kilts)going on about how they are going to smash England? Seems that none of them are on here. We all seem quite realistic, even our Captain is talking about how big a task it is.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

So Wales name an unchanged side to face Ireland.

Rob Howley perhaps stepped out for the entire second half at Murrayfield and asked Sean Edwards for a report. Due to the torrent of swear words amidst the otherwise impenetratable Northern accent he must have mistakenly thought Edwards was delighted.

anagallis_arvensis

So Wales name an unchanged side to face Ireland.

Not much else to do, I thought Charteris and Faletau may start but anything else would just be a deck chairs and titanic moment.

vondally
    Free Member

Scotland were supposed to lose to Ireland,

Scotland were supposed to lose to Wales, with an apparently weakened side.

Scotland came mighty close to beating France.

Good thinking from the Scots to recognise and verbalise that task facing them whilst quietly thinking of ways to beat England you know like that sneaky lineout thing by bringing in a centre who catches the ball and scores.

Goodness knows what will happen if they do something like that at Twickenham, you know just not rugger. 8)

Twodogs

So Wales name an unchanged side to face Ireland

I know Wales have to beat Ireland or (and?) France to stay in the top 8, and avoid World Cup pool of death again, but at some point they have to freshen up the team (or coaching team?). Maybe if by some miracle they beat Ireland, we could see some changes for France game?

anagallis_arvensis

The time to freshen up and try new players is autumn and summer.

Twodogs

Shame they didn’t really

namastebuzz
    Free Member

The time to freshen up and try new players is autumn and summer.

Or at the back end of the 6N when you’ve already lost 2 out of 3.

Twodogs

That too

anagallis_arvensis

Shame they didn’t really

Indeed. Shame Wales let their head coach **** off for a year too.
    We dont really have many players to change, its the coaches that need to go..at least double agent Howler can **** up the attack if the English, Irish and Scottish Lions in the summer!!

If we lose the next two we are unseeded for the next world cup…again. now is not the time.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

If we lose the next two we are unseeded for the next world cup

Being in the Gruppo del Morte didn’t do you any harm in the last RWC 😉

jambalaya
    Free Member

@namaste no the Lions aren’t going to beat NZ

duckman

Wee bit of a stink in the papers today about Swing low, some prof in the USA has written a paper about the appropriation of it being wrong. I have never seen it as anything other than being sung as a rugby song, I think it’s great that people in Salmon coloured chinos want to bring some of the atmosphere you get at rugby matches to Twickenham. But all the same;maybe “HQ” should lay a wreath or donate to the rugby eq of Rhodes must fall just to be certain.

anagallis_arvensis

Brown; Nowell, Joseph, Farrell, Daly; Ford, Youngs; Marler, Hartley (captain), Cole, Launchbury, Lawes, Itoje, Haskell, Hughes.

Replacements: George, M Vunipola, Sinckler, Wood, B Vunipola, Care, Te’o, Watson

Should beat Scotland with something to spare.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

[Kryters] Should beat Scotland smash the Jocks with something to spare. [/Kryters]

😉

mefty
    Free Member

“Such cross-cultural appropriations of US slave songs betray a total lack of understanding of the historical context in which those songs were created by the American slave,” Josephine Wright, a professor of music and black studies at the College of Wooster in Ohio, told the newspaper.

If it has been the College of Jeeves, one might treat her view with more credibility.

On a more boring note, I used to play the game with the people credited with starting it – I dont think their cultural hinterland stretched sufficiently far to make the connection.

ferrals
    Free Member

Oh dear Scotland. All the Jocks wandering around telling people they are going to smash England for the first time in 34 years at Twickers

Are they?? My feeling is, as an ardent Scotland supporter, we’re going to get soundly beaten. I sincerely hope not and logically, based in performances so far I can see Scotland have a chance of winning. I just have a gut feeling its going to be one of those games where Scotland don’t get the bounce of the ball, the discipline goes, England get some wind in their sales and win by 14 points 🙁

tjagain

scotland team up. No surprises

sprocker
    Free Member

Billy and Watson on the bench with Nowell, Care and Joseph starting. Can’t wait for the game now, England by 10

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

The only thing worse than FoS – the worst anthem by a country mile – is the abomination that is SWSC.

Other than the tenuous/dubious link to Chris Oti, it has no relevance to English rugby at all. It’s dull, repetitive and meaningless like a lot of the marketing BS that’s blights the modern game

BruceWee

Has there ever been an entertaining Calcutta Cup game? It seems that both teams go out with a grim determination not to lose. I’m really hoping that Scotland keep up the creativity we’ve seen so far and I finally get to see an entertaining Scotland v England game.

anagallis_arvensis

The only thing worse than FoS – the worst anthem by a country mile

Worse than than God Save the Queen? Really? At least it has a tune rather than just a dirge…Italian is my fav…no idea what they are saying but it bounces along nicely!

tjagain

The Italian anthem is all about killing their neighbours and that Italians are the greatest IIRC

ads678

Billy and Watson on the bench with Nowell, Care and Joseph starting. Can’t wait for the game now, England by 10

Care is on the bench, Youngs starts.

Kryton57

Farrell possibly out, possibly Teo at 12.

That changes things.

Viewing 40 posts - 3,081 through 3,120 (of 6,096 total)

The topic ‘Rugby thread 2016/2017’ is closed to new replies.