Viewing 40 posts - 2,961 through 3,000 (of 6,096 total)
  • Rugby thread 2016/2017
  • ferrals
    Free Member

Just leave it as is.

I think world rugby have said they not going to look at it specifically. a.k.a. stop whinging. There’s been a ridiculous amount of hand flapping, Two other good games of rugby and all the press have is outage that England were made to look silly.

Can’t see it becoming commonplace, has has been said above, its now obvious how to get around.

tinybits
    Free Member

There were many many occasions where Italy started with men in the ruck then withdrew. They then went offside

coulda sworn I said that already!

yep, I watched the match again last night, it was actually shockingly refereed. I can see why there was utter confusion. At one point in the second half, England counter rucked, got the ball back, 3 Italians got out and then they proceeded to run around the other side as the ref shouted tackle. How you’re supposed to play to that I have no idea.

I also saw nothing wrong with hask talking to the ref to understand how it was going to be reffed, however the fact that nobody on the England team seemed to know what to do about ti was quite worrying.
    Not sure I immediately follow that every other nation would however…

dragon
    Free Member

Maybe its just me but the England v Italy game, reminded me of a game from my school days. I don’t have an issue with that, all this crap about rugby isn’t rugby without an intensely contested breakdown is garbage IMHO.

dantsw13

The International referees wash up might be interesting this week! I wonder if Poite enjoyed the game or not – certainly was different!!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Storm in a teacup now

The only thing that matters is the next matches

Wales v Ireland on Friday evening (after a big lunch, marvellous!) and a hard fought Calcutta Cup on the Saturday. Shame we have a “missing” weekend. But more time for the build-up…

This is when Lions places will really start to emerge instead of too many players harming their chances to date!!

dantsw13

Yep – the next round will set up the final weekend. 2 big home nation clashes, with the Europeans doing their own thing. Hopefully we will find out a lot more about both England and Scotland. As I said earlier, I’ll happily accept a 1pt W. I’m sure Scotland will be travelling in expectation rather than hope for the first time in a while.

Then again, post WC, Sco were favourites for the first game v us last year. Seems a long time ago now. 17 times now I’ve heard “they’ll need to play a lot better if they want to beat xxxxxxx” I would imagine a lot of teams find England quite hard to play now.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’ve got 17hrs flying the morning after the Wales v Ireland game. Not clever!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Bad timing Capn, you’ll miss the better match!! 😉

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’ve got 17hrs flying the morning after the Wales v Ireland game. Not clever!

Will you be wearing rugby boots?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Booked flights to make sure I didn’t….! Wales v Ireland is the pick of the games next time.

Who wants to watch a one sided affair at the Library? 😉

Might watch some of it, midnight kick off though. 🙁

ferrals
    Free Member

I’m sure Scotland will be travelling in expectation rather than hope for the first time in a while.

I don’t know about that, surely England are still significant favourites despite the last few matches, maybe I’m pesamistic but after the last few years of ‘potential’ but I’m living in fear of Scotland fizzling out again.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Who wants to watch a one sided affair at the Library?

Look we might have a team full of thickos but dont rule England out that quickly. 😉

Three home nations in a row cant throw victory away can they?

dantsw13

17 hours Flashy?? You spend longer on aeroplanes than I do!!

I’ll be watching both games on t’internet in St Lucia – tough job this week 🙂 I watched the last Lions Test there 4 years ago when we destroyed Australia – 20 of us gathered around an IPad at 7AM with intermittent wifi!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

CX to SIN via HKG.

UVF, eh? Isn’t that a Gatwick route?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

SIN via HK?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, am coming back through HKG later in the week, and this route works out cheaper on CX than using Dan Air 😉

Also, breakfast in The Pier fLounge at HKG…. 🙂

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

You must love being on planes – I have has a long haul sabbatical over past 2 years (sniff no gold card!) and have missed BAs attempts to dress up the same meal under different names! Also missed out badly on films!!

Anyway, we digress, back to the English thickos…

dantsw13

Yes, out of LGW. We fly from both on the 777 fleet.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Don’t love it, but work means I have to, and it pays the bills! All business class, so not too terrible.

Anyway, anyone else think Italy could do a number on France? Might be worth a punt!

dantsw13

Could -yes.
    Will – doubt it.

France much more disciplined than previously.

Kryton57

English thickos…

In the interests of balance and because Orcs has previously been used, I’m assuming its OK to re-introduce the words, Taffs, Frogs & Jocks into this thread. I mean, I just want to make sure no-one’s being overly racist and there are level terms with regard to the use nationalist nicknames of the Rugby teams in this thread seeing as AA and THM can’t help themselves.

dantsw13

Kryton – I’ve given up. Now I just use if to justify my smugness if we win.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

😯 have you switched your irony filter off, kryton?

anagallis_arvensis

He cant help being a thicko!!

Kryton57

Oh, national and personal too. Thanks for the precedent, I just want to understand the rules of engagement.

anagallis_arvensis

I thought THM was English, its hard to tell though!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well, a sense of humour might help…..
    #Obviouslyajoke

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

For you perhaps? Obvious for everyone else.

Seriously krypton can you not spot irony – does it need to be in CAPITAL LETTERS? Yes and as CFH says a SOH helps!

duckman

Did Kryton not have to self moderate after the Wales game? For somebody who is very touchy when anybody mentions pudding, he is fairly wanting to chuck it out. Oh; and THM is one of your own Kryton, so it is a TRIFLE unfair to use him as an example of somebody abusing poor ickle England.

DezB
    Free Member

English thickos isn’t one of those traditional national insults… is it?

anagallis_arvensis

the white orc on steriods thing came from those nasty kiwis didnt it?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

a TRIFLE unfair

😆

anagallis_arvensis

My prawn sandwich comment from a few pages back wasnt picked up on. Bloody Tarquins.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Tut, tut ducks – not using words out of context to take the proverbial are you 😉 nice choose of capitals though 😀

Thin skinned folk get q upset and best avoided, it’s takes them years to get over it!!

dantsw13

Sorry AA – we just ignored you! 😈

dantsw13

Plus I can’t eat sandwiches on my low carb diet.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

😉

Does the humour improve when there is a weekend off!!

anagallis_arvensis

Sorry AA – we just ignored you!

Sob, just like the Lions to the welsh players…becoming an irrelevance

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

In the interests of balance and because Orcs has previously been used, I’m assuming its OK to re-introduce the words, Taffs, Frogs & Jocks into this thread. I mean, I just want to make sure no-one’s being overly racist and there are level terms with regard to the use nationalist nicknames of the Rugby teams in this thread seeing as AA and THM can’t help themselves.

What have you got against the Gogs?

anagallis_arvensis

Double post

Viewing 40 posts - 2,961 through 3,000 (of 6,096 total)

The topic ‘Rugby thread 2016/2017’ is closed to new replies.