Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 6,096 total)
  • Rugby thread 2016/2017
  • wrecker
    Free Member

Officiating is still all over the place, high tackles are often ignored, and no armed lunges at players legs seemingly OK. Any non-accidental contact at above shoulder height should be punished.

On another note, anyone else seen this;
    https://twitter.com/eddiecowan/status/769827592119525377
    I shouldn’t laugh. I really shouldn’t laugh.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@wrecker player safety, just making sure no one fell over it 😀

NZ “don’t push the rules anymore than anyone else”, not something I would ever say. I think they are by far the best in the world at pushing the rules and getting away with it. IMO they treat the Ref like another opponent to be tested. Now I don’t blame them for that, in my sporting “career” I’ve had a coaching with an International Captain who told us we didn’t commit enough fouls generaly (he watched a couple of matches as well as took sessions) and we certainly didn’t push the ref to make decisions. Having heard this it certainly put into perective the matches I’d played against him as he was fouling me repeatedly and then going for the retaliation and decision/sympathy from the ref !

Now I am certain the IRB Refs are very well aware of this, but a red card for an AB 6 mins into the first match of the RC is not going to happen. Had Sam Warburton been in a Black shirt he’d never had been sent off – early minutes of a RWC semi, no way never going to happen.

wrecker
    Free Member

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I shouldn’t laugh. I really shouldn’t laugh.

I’m having trouble stopping. 😀

DezB
    Free Member

Cheers Wrecker!
    Actually, I think the Hernandez knockout was about the only accidental collision – he missed with the high-swinging arm as Hernandez fell, out cold.

anagallis_arvensis

[video]https://youtu.be/k63QPo_j8rQ[/video]

Can we have more of these two commentators please!!!

jambalaya
    Free Member

I imagine Guiness was invoved

tinybits
    Free Member

English Premiership starts tonight.
    Can’t see past Saracens, Wasps and Exeter this season however as always I’m insanely hopeful that Leicester will return to old (winning) ways.

Lots of teams look like they want to move the ball about a bit, maybe the better playing surfaces are finally meaning it’s possible in the Northern hemisphere as well…?

Anyway, on to the obvious best match of the weekend. Tigers v’s Gloucester. Tigers by 5 for no reason whatsoever as I havn’t seen anything of either team!

anagallis_arvensis

Bristol to win everything with the man god at 10. Or maybe beat one or two teams and stay up at best.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

London Welsh face a winding-up order in the courts on Monday.
    Sad times for an old club.

wrecker
    Free Member

Bristol to win everything with the man god at 10.

oh i could kiss you!

Or maybe beat one or two teams and stay up at best.

you can bloody well kiss me 😉

duckman

I have just got BT sport for £22 a month with first three free,monthly contract as well so lovely HD prem games for me. Glaws will be my side this year methinks.

wrecker
    Free Member

I’m a BT customer and I don’t get HD!
    BT sport is provided through the (BT) internet, and the connection is utter shite, the modem shits itself every single night, usually at a pivotal moment in a game. Can’t wait to be rid of it!

duckman

I had looked at going with BT,but got dicked about so much before they had even installed it that I got Sky, I am glad you are saying that as I was tempted to try again as it is only £3 a month on top of their broadband.

wrecker
    Free Member

You made the right decision duckers. BT is very shit. I’ll go back to virgin I expect as their broadband is proper fibre around here. Just waiting to see what happens with the line rentals stuff, it’s supposed to be changing soon I think.
    Tiggers getting humped, they look fresh out of ideas.

tinybits
    Free Member

Although they’ve just scored 17 points….

Agree though. They don’t look good!

Exeter Wasps should be superb

wrecker
    Free Member

Tiggers playing smart now. Keeping it up front, they know the backs aren’t up to much, not helped by the shit slow service from the 9. Who the **** is that anyway? Useless.

tinybits
    Free Member

Goldilocks I believe.

Get Ben youngs on!

Pigface
    Free Member

Ospreys score 50+ having heard a radio discussion on the state of the Pro 12 I fear for the competition.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I’m a BT customer and I don’t get HD!
    BT sport is provided through the (BT) internet, and the connection is utter shite, the modem shits itself every single night, usually at a pivotal moment in a game. Can’t wait to be rid of it!

My BT “broadband” frequently delivered less than 1mps, the mobile on 3g was faster never mind 4g. Paying for Sport was thus a total waste of time. Cancelled the BT as I was going to be away for most of the summer. Will sort new provider this month and revisit Sport/Rugby

tinybits
    Free Member

Never in doubt, Sam Harrison played great all the way through 😆

Pigface
    Free Member

Gloucester utter muppets 🙁 who made the decision to go for the corner?

wrecker
    Free Member

You’ve got to be ****ing kidding me?!?!
    Why oh why did we let Genge go? Holley is a ****ing muppet!

tinybits
    Free Member

No idea on Genge, very happy about it though. He’s going to be at the top for a long time.

wrecker
    Free Member

Can’t blame him, Holley never started him, and Cockers saw what most bris fans had already seen. I’m so pleased Holley has gone, he really was a completely shit head coach.
    Hopefully Gengey will come home one day, a lot do. It’s the cider.

tinybits
    Free Member

Unreal, a player like that in the championship should have been nailed on! Him and Coley mashed the Gloucester scrum together and he’s not bad around the pitch either.

wrecker
    Free Member

I so hate Holley. Let Luke Eves go too, in favour of Ben ****ing Mosses, Gareth Maule and Jack Tovey! Bellend.

anagallis_arvensis

Ospreys score 50+ having heard a radio discussion on the state of the Pro 12 I fear for the competition.

Its shit, welsh pro rugby will be dead in 5 years if it stays the same. Theyvare talking of adding US teams…how the **** will that help?

duckman

Just got round to looking at the schedule, Wasps v Exeter on Sunday… 😀 I have to agree with Baconpuss and A-A, Pro 12 is dead, isn’t it? Where next though,because there isn’t going to be a Welsh/English or British league.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

For those with BT Sport internet woes:

You can watch on the Sky platform via satellite. You need an old skybox and a viewing card registered in your name/address.

There’s a bit on the BT website where you can put in the viewing card number to pair it up.

You DO NOT need any kind of Sky Subscription – just a box/card/dish. You can get new cards from Sky for £20 IIRC.

Obviously if you have an HD box you can get HD with BT Sport although it’s extra. I haggled with BT and got the Sports with HD for £1.80 per month extra.

It’s a bit of hassle to set up (if you don’t have Sky) but instead of a cruddy internet feed where you’re wondering which pixel is Manu Tuilagi – you get beautiful HD on a huge Telly. 😀

duckman

You can pick up old sky boxes on eBay or Gumtree cheaply as well. It will work out at a season of rugby for £120ish as I will cancel during the Summer.

Pigface
    Free Member

London Welsh in high court on Monday facing winding up 🙁

jambalaya
    Free Member

🙁 Similar fate to London Scottish / Richmond

Richmond are back now working their way up from the bottom again.

duckman

Never got as far as that for Scottish or Richmond,I was there at the time. The **** that bought them was doing everything he could to make the club go bust. He then wanted to sell the league place,so didn’t want the club still to be hanging about to provide a case against. He put us into administration by quite simply refusing to pay bills. Not just players wages but the girls in the club shop who got £30 for working a Saturday. If the RFU had told him to do one,as they should have,then he would have quietly sold up. By all accounts he treated Richmond even more shamefully as he saw them as an unwanted add on. Scumbag even tried to keep the name. London Irish? I hate them,and hope they do a Portsmouth FC. And….Breathe….

Stoner
    Free Member

Trying to enjoy the wuss/sarries game on BT but there’s an annoying sod Brown nosing sarries over the microphone all the time.. M

Stoner
    Free Member

At least now that the bt feed from Twickenham has gone tits up I’m spared the sarracens love in…

wrecker
    Free Member

London Irish? I hate them,and hope they do a Portsmouth FC.

Why is this? What don’t I know about?
    Why didn’t the **** get filled in?
    So many questions!

Stoner
    Free Member

Willison is not proving himself well. We’re missing Pennell.

And that wasnt a late tackle to you tit dalaglio

wrecker
    Free Member

That was absolutely a late tackle.

duckman

Wrecker; Scottish were part sold to Bristol who then sold them on to Irish after Turks(sp) touted their place. He was supposed to have dropped out of the club, but still owned them. Richmond iirc were screwed when the English league threatened to use the penalties that administration included to seize their remaining assets. Both were then swallowed by Reading Greens. It was somebody quite famous owned Richmond. Don’t get me wrong, Scottish lived beyond their means, but it was him that introduced all that.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 6,096 total)

The topic ‘Rugby thread 2016/2017’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts