Viewing 40 posts - 1,201 through 1,240 (of 6,096 total)
  • Rugby thread 2016/2017
  • dantsw13

Oh, he’s played 10 plenty for England, but I was just pointing out he’s played 12 plenty too, and he’s looking a natural there a the moment.

anagallis_arvensis

With Howley as backs coach, it’ll be a blood bath

He’s shit but no one else would do it!!

tjagain

Anyone watching the Varsity match? Its weird to see rugby being played by normal(ish) sized blokes

anagallis_arvensis

Would hate to be the chef for La Rochelle!!

wrecker
    Free Member

Anyone watching the Varsity match?

One of ours (charlie amesbury) played in that match didn’t he? Did you notice how he got on by chance?

tjagain

Heard him mentioned a few times. Can’t say owt beyond that

wrecker
    Free Member

Blonde hair, back 3, ring any bells?

tjagain

Aye – he was playing and as I say mentioned a few times by the commentators. One of the more obvious players on the pitch

On another topic – anyone give Glasgow a chance away to racing? Should be picking from a full strength squad more or less and they need to atone for some disasters in the last few weeks. gonna be one heck of an ask tho.

wrecker
    Free Member

Put a nice hit in!

anagallis_arvensis

Frodo’s mate just put in a massive hit on the Grenoble full back. Fist time I have seen him play since his injury. Keelan Giles scored 2 as well in a 7-59 away win!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Quite the rout!

Tom-B
    Free Member

Meanwhile in Northampton…..has Hartely just been sent off?! Bloody Cricfree has crashed!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It would appear he has!

Swinging arm to the back of the head of Sean O’Brien. Stupid, needless. Not his normal brand of nasty cheating. 🙂

wrecker
    Free Member

Caher

Happened right in front of me, SOB was really putting a shift in ’til then.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Hartley has done well for England under Jones so far but Eddie didn’t look at all impressed. He lasted a whole six minutes!

The Northampton scrum has been pummelled tonight. Taking a wood off was a big call because he’s been one of their best players tonight. They’ve done better than I thought tonight though.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Hartley has done well for England under Jones so far but Eddie didn’t look at all impressed. He lasted a whole six minutes!

The Northampton scrum has been pummelled tonight. Taking a wood off was a big call because he’s been one of their best players tonight. They’ve done better than I thought tonight though.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Swinging arm to the back of the head of Sean O’Brien. Stupid, needless

Indeed – the only thing you’re likely to do there is hurt your arm….

Pigface
    Free Member

Stupid oaf , that was mindless 😆

tjagain

AA – frodos mate? We call Laidlaw Frodo!

tjagain

Saints given a real lesson there. Hartley you idiot! I think he was going to dislodge the ball rather than hit the man but how stupid was that.

Leinster on fire tonight.

wrecker
    Free Member

They’ve done better than I thought tonight though.

Would sir like to rethink that?!?
    Hanrahan and wood looked good. Picachu was quiet. Props taken apart.
    Saints are shit this year.
    Not impressed with BoD’s commentating. You expect a bit of bias but he was disappointingly one-eyed. Just said one of the most stupid things I have heard from a commentator too. He could get up because he wasn’t released and so wasn’t held or somesuch nonsense. What a shame, I liked BoD.

anagallis_arvensis

AA – frodos mate

Samwise Gam… I mean Underhill

tjagain

OPf course AA. So another one to add to the hobbits team. We have Frodo ( laidlaw) and Ford is a dead ringer for sam gamgee

mindmap3
    Free Member

They’ve done better than I thought tonight though.

Would sir like to rethink that?!?
    Hanrahan and wood looked good. Picachu was quiet. Props taken apart.
    Saints are shit this year.
    Not impressed with BoD’s commentating. You expect a bit of bias but he was disappointingly one-eyed. Just said one of the most stupid things I have heard from a commentator too. He could get up because he wasn’t released and so wasn’t held or somesuch nonsense. What a shame, I liked BoD.

Not really because I thought they were going to get totally spanked given how shit they’ve been in the premiership; like a 40 or 50 point humping. The defence was stout for a lot of the game and they almost looked fluid at times. Almost. Leinster looked very though and it’s not often you see the Saints pack get munched like that. What I couldn’t get my head round though was the commentators saying how good the Leinster line out was despite them losing a few???

Agree on BOD’s commentating though. It’s usually very good but last night he was in Jonathan Davies mode!

Saints are in real trouble this year and it’s time for a coaching clear out. Mallinder and co have clearly taken them as far as they can and are now stale.

Looks like George may become England’s starting hooker for the 6N. I imagine Hartley’s ban will be lengthy as it won’t be reduced for good behaviour!

duckman

Based on the middle reproachful look Clark got despite his previous, Hartley to be back for the second half of the 6n?

anagallis_arvensis

Doesnt look too bad here:

But then:

anagallis_arvensis

Keelan Giles est tres rapide

[video]https://youtu.be/vA3mg9UaZn8[/video]

mindmap3
    Free Member

In that first gif it looks like a badly timed tackle / player to be tackled falling. The second one? Really…

He does know better because he doesn’t do this shit when playing for England plus the protection of the head and neck area is massive at the mo so you need to be super careful.

tjagain

I do think it was an attempt to dislodge the ball. However it was rekless and a swinging arm to the head. From what I have read on the IRB site it would appear its a 4 week starting point for his ban, he won’t get any reduction for previous good behaviour but might not get anything added on although the fact the guy he hit was concussed and had to go off will be taken into account as well. 4-6 weeks off. Puts his place in the 6N in doubt and thus his participation i the lions tour.

Its a shame really – being England captain has been good for both him and the team and I had him down as lions captain.

One stupid act and all thats gone.

anagallis_arvensis

Even if he missed the head it would still have been a swinging arm. He’ll get a ban that expires a couple of weeks before the 6 nations.

surfer
    Free Member

Thug #northamptoninchaos

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Puts his place in the 6N in doubt and thus his participation i the lions tour.

I’m not so sure. I reckon he’ll get a nice rest and be back for (most of)the 6N. If he missed all the 6N, he’ll be well fit for the Lions Tour.

Gats will take him if he’s available – this isn’t Stuart Lancaster we’re talking about.

tjagain

So – anyone give Glasgow a chance away to Racing? Nearly a full strength team and the league is pretty well gone so Glasgow can concentrate on the Euro cup.

dufusdip
    Free Member

Yes!

anagallis_arvensis

Great results for Ulster and Glasgow…

tjagain

anagallis_arvensis

Just checked the Munster score!!!!

anagallis_arvensis

Cant see the Welsh regions keeping this up…what was the Barf score..

anagallis_arvensis

Shit!! Beat them. Even calamity Cuthbert scored!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1,201 through 1,240 (of 6,096 total)

The topic ‘Rugby thread 2016/2017’ is closed to new replies.