Viewing 40 posts - 5,241 through 5,280 (of 6,096 total)
  • Rugby thread 2016/2017
  • mindmap3
    Free Member

A_A Underhill went Ok. Tackled hard, few carries and was a pain in the bum at the breakdown. He seemed to work well with Robshaw.

anagallis_arvensis

Thats good, hopefully he can stay fit and progress. Doesnt answer Englands 7 issue though as he is the classic 6.5 but it doesnt seem to be holding England back at the moment!!

Tom-B
    Free Member

I can’t say that I was overly impressed with Underhill yesterday. Slade neither, which is a shame-he hasn’t really gotten his form back post leg break.

tjagain

Still on a high from yesterday moring. I think that might be the finest Scotland win since 1990
    Really nice piece on the BBC analysing scotlands win – a pundit who can actually see beyond the cliches and understand how Scotland made it happen

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/40316455

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I can’t say that I was overly impressed with Underhill yesterday.

He’s feeling homesick. Would rather be playing for in Wales.

🙂

tjagain

Na – he should be playing for the hobbits. Sam Underhill is a hobbits name

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😆

tjagain

~And we also beat the Aus in the u20s! finished 5th in that. the futures bright, the futures dark blue 🙂

Tom-B
    Free Member

The less said about the U20’s the better! That kiwi U20 hooker would be a shoein for the Lions!!

tjagain

One for the conspiracy theorists as seen on another forum

The home unions get many tens of thousands of compensation from the lions for each player called up. Calling up those 4 welsh nobodies as well as packing the original squad with welsh means the WRU will profit hugely from the lions thus boosting the WRU for next season

One source ( highly dubious?) has those 4 nobodies worth 1/4 million to the WRU

tin foil hat time? Or part of the reason for the inexplicable picks?

vondally
    Free Member

Re Underhill more impressed with Wilson and Curry, especially Curry.

Re England and player development how much was down to the Lancaster and structure development under his reign?

dantsw13

I’m sure all the new caps will be much the better for exposure against a strong pumas team – winning a real bonus too.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Agreed 🙂

namastebuzz
    Free Member

The less said about the U20’s the better!

Well, to be fair, England had already lost 5 of their most influential players to the full side touring Argentina. They then suffered several injuries in the tournament depriving them of more starters.

I think two gritty, last gasp wins over Aus and SA and making the final with a much depleted side can still be seen as a success. Despite the mother of all thrashings from a very impressive Baby Blacks side in the end.

anagallis_arvensis

England had already lost 5 of their most influential players to the full side touring Argentina.

Whilst most of the welsh u20 are with the Lions so that Wales can profit from the tour obviously!!!

Tom-B
    Free Member

Agreed that Wilson and Tom Curry were both very very impressive. Bodes well!

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Whilst most of the welsh u20 are with the Lions so that Wales can profit from the tour obviously!!!

😆

mindmap3
    Free Member

That was a dicking handed out by the baby blacks! Yikes.

I think that conspiracy theory is a step too far. Some people need to stay away from the game internet.

tjagain

I am hearing ( from the same rugby forum that the previous tin foil hat theory came from) that Jonny grey turned down the opportunity to sit on the bench for the lions dirt trackers to captain Scotland!

Apparently a tweet from a rugby pundit who should know.

The rugby forum I go on makes this place look sensible and mine and AAs spat would be an outbreak of peace but amongst allthe noise there is often good info

Kryton57

mine and AAs spat

How conceited, its not all your achievement thanks very much. 🙄

DanW
    Free Member

Jonny grey turned down the opportunity to sit on the bench for the lions dirt trackers to captain Scotland!

So has he deprived his Union of significant funds? 😉

With all the inevitable injuries, just being a “dirt tracker bench warmer” could very easily change…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

How conceited, its not all your achievement thanks very much

It’s like the Lions. Everyone coming together.

😉

anagallis_arvensis

The power of four me, TJ, Kryton and DD

With all the inevitable injuries, just being a “dirt tracker bench warmer” could very easily change…

I think that if a test 23 player gets injured and Cory Hill becomes the next in line they’d call up a proper player!!

tjagain

Sorry Kryton
    *tugs forelock*

tjagain

It’s like the Lions. Everyone coming together.

😯

DanW
    Free Member

But you’d think Jonny Gray counts as something resembling a proper player. Or maybe not…

Personally, I’d like to see how long Francis could stay on for with the pace of the NZ game 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

Very interesting piece on Sonny Bill Williams

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/40170395

anagallis_arvensis

Most divisive tour ever
    [video]https://youtu.be/98PM3Bi6T3E[/video]

anagallis_arvensis

Gatland in press complaining about blockers. Stole some gifs from another site to look at 1st test ref pypers “interpretation”. Like I said earlier we need to cheat as well as those in black.
    Blockers shifting line

View post on imgur.com

Nfl kick defence (watch sexton, he’s the 10 for england fans)

View post on imgur.com

No wonder we had no support runners

View post on imgur.com

The offside line!!

View post on imgur.com

More blocking nfl style

View post on imgur.com

dantsw13

They’ve always done it & always got away with it!

anagallis_arvensis

Anyway today the Lions are playing The Chiefs, they were my brothers team. Miss him.

So if I call anyone a **** later I apologise 😉

Come on the mooloos

dantsw13

Sounds like a day of mixed emotions AA. A good day to raise a glass to him after the match.

dantsw13

Glad for Nowell. He’s far better than his tour performances to date.

anagallis_arvensis

So Marler is not keen on playing any more matches then?

dantsw13

I’d take Marker a lot more seriously with a proper haircut.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Harking back to conversation about penalty tries, I notice the scoreboard went straight from 13 to 20 there.

mindmap3
    Free Member

That was a cracking try.

Daly showing what he can do; he’s got some wheels when he gets into space. A good team try and nice to see Nowell have a better game.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Nice finish by Nowell to be fair.

anagallis_arvensis

Penalty try a shoe in for the test team!!!

anagallis_arvensis

“I notice the scoreboard went straight from 13 to 20 there.”

Dont hate so much you dont watch then!!!

Viewing 40 posts - 5,241 through 5,280 (of 6,096 total)

The topic ‘Rugby thread 2016/2017’ is closed to new replies.