Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 6,096 total)
  • Rugby thread 2016/2017
  • anagallis_arvensis

Sad to hear of mongo going..
    [video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SKRma7PDW10[/video]

mindmap3
    Free Member

Also theres some bloke who plays for Northampton who is pretty handy too. Picknmix or something!

But is typically French – the Saints match against Exeter he went form sublime to ridiculous in about 10 secs and just shrugged his shoulders when it didn’t go his way.

anagallis_arvensis

True but then Hughes was the same for Wasps v sarries.

dantsw13

Probable back row of Itoje/Vunipola/Robshaw, maybe williams.
    Brown now VC so will be in. Ford definately 10, wing uncertain now 2 main men injured. Maybe Rokoduguni and Yarde?

I flew EJ back from Japan after the Aus tour. He fell asleep in First Class with his notepad open on the table with his team sheet for the autumn internationals!!!

wrecker
    Free Member

With fazlet injured, who’s going to be at 12? Slade? Devote didn’t go very well last time, Marchant hasn’t been playing brilliantly, and Te’o isn’t even starting for wuss.
    Itoge in the back row? Makes robshaw 7. More likely Harrison surely?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I flew EJ back from Japan after the Aus tour. He fell asleep in First Class with his notepad open on the table with his team sheet for the autumn internationals!!!

Always love a bit of shoulder surfing! Often bewildered by some of the conversations and papers people choose to publicise on a flight!

duckman

The rule change on the breakdown to be introduced in the NH makes it almost certain Itoje is a back row forward for the next few years.

anagallis_arvensis

What rule change?

dantsw13

Jones wants a big, hard tackling back row for SA, which means Itoje is in with all the injuries. Replace him with Launchbury at lock, and it’s a big pack!!

mindmap3
    Free Member

Back row options are starting to look a tad limited given that they’re dropping like flies!

Will be interesting to see how we go in the Autumn – after a very year last year, expectations will be high. Can they deal with the pressure?

duckman

AA, an attempt is being made to stop 7’s reaching in as the third man, then falling over and sealing it. Coming to a prem ground near you in 2017 ( almost certainly)

tinybits
    Free Member

So does that promote genuine standing over the ball to compete?

I can see the idea, but a good rucking used to prevent people playing it on the ground / being on the wrong side.

anagallis_arvensis

Isnt sealing off already illegal? **** refs and rule tweekers piss me off. No offence I’m sure you’re lovely!!

duckman

Haven’t done more than a school game in two seasons AA, fire away!

anagallis_arvensis

4 weeks for Cronin.
    Must have gone for M&S double chocolate

wrecker
    Free Member

Something had to be done. Current rule seems to be if you can remain on your feet when in defence at the ruck; turnover. Doesn’t matter whether you’re anywhere near the ball or not.
    I hope they a grip of this not rolling away/not held crap next.

dantsw13

The game is becoming decided on technical infringements at scrums, rucks and line outs, sadly, these days.

Pigface
    Free Member

Ospreys hump Falcons, is this possible in nature? Happened in the Liberty 😆

wrecker
    Free Member

Tigers playing dreadful rugby. Good bit of niggle though.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Fair play Glasgow. They looked physical and accurate.

Tigers do look all at sea at the moment. How much longer will Cockers have a job?

tjagain

Great win by the weegies. Can this be their year even in the group of death? they have had no luck at all in the European cup so far.

anagallis_arvensis

Glasgow game was quite good fun. Enjoyed seeing Tigers get humped. Aweful defence from them first half.

tjagain

I hope some of the english fans here now understand why I rave about some of these players. Ickle jonny in particular. Unfortunately I only saw the last 10 mins of the game

wrecker
    Free Member

That Sarto was brilliant.

BruceWee

After 7 penalties in 7 minutes I thought it was going to be a long night. I just assumed we were reverting our usual European form so I’m quite happy with the result 🙂

tjagain

Ickle jonny 13 tackles non missed. 5 passes, 7 runs and a lineout stolen. He is the cornerstone of that pack.

duckman

Bearing in mind that Glasgow have to replace at least three key players a year, that was a fine result. How much of a gem is Townsend as well? That way of playing is all his… Teej; Wee Gray is so much better than his brother now, isn’t he? Is this you jumping coasts in your loyalty? 😀

anagallis_arvensis

I thought Russel was very good too kicking, running and passing..maybe he is what the Lions need?

mindmap3
    Free Member

Just seen that King has left the Saints….announced just before a big weekend for them. They’re in for a very tough season I think. Something just isn’t clicking for them.

BruceWee

I do worry about Russell’s head injury though. That’s the kind of knock you can potentially never recover fully from. Doesn’t seem to have slowed him down though.

duckman

Have you seen the mess of it? It looks like he has been glassed,poor guy. Mind you; rich,young,talented and going out with Ms Scotland. Fin,Fin; where did it all go so wrong?

anagallis_arvensis

His team mates were suitably narked when that ausdie **** tip tackled him too!!

onehundredthidiot

Heard a recent finn Russell interview sounded like a punch drunk boxer.

tallie
    Free Member

Not normally a Sarries fan but they’ve just put in a sublime first half performance against Toulon – ran in 3 great tries and made some world class players look pretty ordinary.

Worth turning on for the 2nd half if you’re not already watching!

anagallis_arvensis

Crikey I dont like Saffercens but they are playing some good stuff..I see 1/2p still likes to tackle with his head!

tallie
    Free Member

Not sure what’s going on with 1/2p’s footwork – think I’ve seen him slip more in this game than the combined total of every previous game I’ve watched.

Still playing in mouldies when he should have moved to studs / blades?

tallie
    Free Member

What a game! Real edge of the seat stuff at the end – well done Sarries for holding on.

anagallis_arvensis

Tipurics try last night
    [video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9KVCUdBowwo[/video]

mindmap3
    Free Member

Very impressive and efficient from Sarries…and that comes from someone who really isn’t a fan of them.

Worcs really slipped up…ooops.

tjagain

Duckman – I grew up in Weegieville! Talk about conflicted! I was Born in the west country, very English accent and name grew up in glasgow – and I end up an Edinburgh and Scotland supporter.

Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 6,096 total)

The topic ‘Rugby thread 2016/2017’ is closed to new replies.