Viewing 40 posts - 4,601 through 4,640 (of 6,096 total)
  • Rugby thread 2016/2017
  • tjagain

Can’t find any detail on the judgement in the steff evans case
    Looked like a stone wall red but did the tackled player get an arm out first so the arm was the first thing to hit the ground?

anagallis_arvensis

In this day of high impact and higher injury count Toby could be well rested and rating to go but has he had enough match time and be match fit?

Faletau has played consistently for Bath since the six nations. Scored a hat trick v gloucester and been mom in other so seems to be coming into form. Moriarty wont let anyone doen but shouldnt trouble the test team.

Reading about the Evans red it seems the citing panel thought it was Samson Lees involvement that caused the player to rotate..not sure I agree.

anagallis_arvensis

Northampton Sinner..bunch of **** scum bags.
    [video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3RqqjxnjDSU[/video]

tjagain

Ah – there is precedent for that when two players tackle simultaneously then its hard to tell who lifted if anyone

Tom-B
    Free Member

Jesus that Tom Wood clip is bad stuff…..always been a big fan of his 🙁

Kryton57

Its just dawned on me that tomorrow well see Underhill vs Armitage on the pitch. Could be interesting.

anagallis_arvensis

Underhill hasnt really got back to last seasons form yet. He certainly lifted a few weights whilst injured though!!

too many weights not enough speed work, useless prick

duckman

Being sort of neutral I have always been able to enjoy watching the English premier and mostly enjoy the rugby,for my sins I favour Glazzer, but hey-ho. Since the Clark incident though,I have hated Northampton. But it seems to be more than just Clark who is/was an arse at Franklin’s gardens.

duckman

Double post.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Come on Chiefs!

Tight game.

tjagain

cracking ap final going on. come on Exeter!

anagallis_arvensis

Hughes has just dug them out the shit. Why didnt they take the points earlier

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Yes, running rugby is all very well…

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Get in!

wrecker
    Free Member

GET IN!

tjagain

Nice one Exeter! Great for the game to see a club like them win the ap

jambalaya
    Free Member

TJ +1. Only heard the extra time on the radio but an historic win for a small club who have made it

wrecker
    Free Member

They’re not a small club any more!

hamishthecat
    Free Member

For the last 7 years they have only been small in the sense of not having history in the top flight.

It’s a very professionally run operation with massive attention to detail across the piece from stadium planning and development, coaching, team recruitment, talent growth, community involvement etc etc.

tjagain

Oh indeed. However IIRC they have not spent outside their means and have not gone the Sarries / Racing route of just buying up all the stars but created a real team that plays exciting rugby

tjagain

Pro 12 final a somewhat more one sided affair in the first half

anagallis_arvensis

Could have done with keeping munster out there.

tjagain

Makes a game of it tho for the neutral

anagallis_arvensis

Parkes on to do the comedy 10 routine!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

C.65mins
    Munster fans leaving early.
    Scarlets fans getting another round in.
    😆

tjagain

What happened to Munster? didn’t turn up today and ran into a Scarlets team that clicked.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cubby!

anagallis_arvensis

Cubby!

5th choice welsh 7. Better than Watson 😆

wrecker
    Free Member

And a complete tool!

anagallis_arvensis

And a complete tool!

Oh yes!!! In the tradition of all the best Welsh players everyone else hates them. I just hope Liam stays a **** at Saffercens and doesnt grow a floppy fringe and come over all reasonable.

tjagain

Loopy Liam has shown a few signs of growing up a bit but he is still an annoying get – and a bloody good player

wrecker
    Free Member

In the tradition of all the best Welsh players everyone else hates them

5th choice 7? He’ll never be “best”!!
    It’s also hardly subjective, he really is a tool.

anagallis_arvensis

5th choice 7? He’ll never be “best”!!

Sam, Tips, Jenkins, Young then Cubby Boi.

It’s also hardly subjective, he really is a tool.

See he is already one of our best players. The more the English hate them the more we love them. See also StGavlar of Henson.

wrecker
    Free Member

But I love Gav!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And he loves you, Wrecker.

anagallis_arvensis

But I love Gav!

Thats because you’ve been educated by actually wathing him play!

wrecker
    Free Member

There aren’t that many welsh players I think are/were bell ends. Powell probably top of that list and he was by no means an excellent player. In contrast, Mikey was a very good player and a total prick!
    We all have them!

tjagain

So – the end of the season.

Edinburgh – just a lousy year. A few good wins especially in the minnows cup but simply not good enough and only the Italians saved them from complete embarrassment in the pro 12. They played without either heart or brain. Still – a new coach to arrive in the form of Cockerill who certainly should instil some heart into them. Things really only can get better. 1/10

Glasgow: A season to far. Some real highlights in the demolition of Racing and Tigers home and away but too inconsistent in the league and faded away at the end of the season. Outclassed by Sarries and depth of squad a bit exposed but did make it into the knockout of the European cup for the first time. In the end a slightly disappointing season. Townsend is leaving for Scotland but a coach with a really good reputation is coming in – Rennie 8/10

Scotland: all in all a good year. Risen to 5th in the rankings their highest ever. Won 3 games in the six nations – first for a long time and finally got over the welsh jinx. Two superb halves of rugby against the Welsh and Irish where they blew them away. Unfortunately marred by an utter spanking by England that will burn for a long time. A really good send off for big Vern and Townsend to come in. Is this a good move? 7/10

Pro 12 – Improvements from the Welsh this year and Scarlets won which can only be good for the league and Welsh rugby. Italians still struggling and various talk about changes.

aP – not really my subject 😉 but I was glad to see Exeter win and Sarries were the form team in Europe peaking at the right time.

Overall I thought the standard of entertainment on display was good – nice to see teams with attack first prospering. aP final was a great game

anagallis_arvensis

nice to see teams with attack first prospering.

You do realise Exeter beat Wasps

5plusn8
    Free Member

You do realise Exeter beat Wasps

I think I misunderstand this, do you mean Exeter are not an attacking team? They were threatening all day yesterday. Don’t these stats show that if Wasps are the most attacking team then Exeter must be 2nd most.
    http://www.premiershiprugby.com/team-stats/

and I think Exeter got the most try bonus points ever in the prem?https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/may/25/wasps-exeter-ensure-attacking-rugby-ambition-return-premiership-final-twickenham

The atmosphere was amazing yesterday, gutted for Wasps as at one stage they held off 34 phases and looked so strong in defence. Lots people think Exeter had the edge on fitness as they just kept on attacking and attacking until Wasps just got completely knackered. It was great to see such a close game as the finale. I confess to not being a major rugby follower, and haven’t seen any other prem matches, and only watched the french games in the Six N. But this game was very entertaining, lots of running, passing and try scoring intent from both sides. I enjoyed it so much I might start going to games.

Viewing 40 posts - 4,601 through 4,640 (of 6,096 total)

The topic ‘Rugby thread 2016/2017’ is closed to new replies.