Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 6,096 total)
  • Rugby thread 2016/2017
  • mindmap3
    Free Member

Ashton couldn’t tackle a kebab!

Too right.

He doesn’t actually create chances either like other top wingers do. He relies on others to do the work (which Flood was very good at).

anagallis_arvensis

2 weeks for the Fat Sais prop kicking Danny Care in the head…great Wales second best tighthead prop will be available for Nov tests….lets just take a few seconds to dwell on that point for a while. Try not to cry (if welsh) or burst anything laughing…

namastebuzz
    Free Member

He doesn’t actually create chances either like other top wingers do. He relies on others to do the work

Well he’s a classic RL “wingman”. He scored a lot of tries which would never have been if he hadn’t bust a gut to get into a position to get on the end of something.

How many “top wingers” create chances for others anyway? I haven’t noticed Julian Savea setting up too many tries for people.

Ashton couldnt tackle a kebab!

He wouldn’t have been a component of Gustard’s defence at Saracens if he couldn’t tackle.

anagallis_arvensis

He cant tackle, watch him. Oh you cant because he is banned due to being a colossal bell end. Awful technique.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Arhip (spl?) very hard done by with that yellow.

Apart from that, the Os are getting a proper shoeing. Webb looking a touch delicate as well.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Well, they’re finishing more strongly than they started!!!!

Pigface
    Free Member

Bristol got humped again.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Maro Itoje is 40 minutes away from registering his first loss as a starting llayer in pro rugby I think?

Sarries 17-0 down against Quins. Clearly feeling the loss of Ashton in defence!

eskay

Pigface – Member
    Bristol got humped again.

They were fighting on the terraces as well.

wrecker
    Free Member

They were fighting on the terraces as well.

Group of (exeter supporting) marines on a stag do shitfaced caused trouble the entire game.

anagallis_arvensis

Nice to see Scumhampton lose again

Tom-B
    Free Member

So, good result for Quinns, not even a bonus point for Sarries. Sale v Worcester looks like a good un….finished 34 a piece. Really wish that there was an early evening prem match like they do in the Pro12 and Top14.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Cracking try by Wasps.

So, is Jimmy Gopperth quicker than we thought – or is George North slower than we thought?

http://sport.bt.com/wasps-star-cipriani-sparks-wonder-try-against-saints-91364098712777

anagallis_arvensis

o, is Jimmy Gopperth quicker than we thought – or is George North slower than we thought?

North is pretty quick for a big fella. Gopperth had a pretty big head start on him.

Scamper
    Free Member

Nah, North would have caught him also having run further but Gopperth cleverly changed his angle.

duckman

Goppeth cheated by not running straight,what would you do if North was chasing you down? ” throw the ball over your shoulder in his direction.” Springs to mind! A nice story,hopefully not behind a paywall. For colour, Kirkaldy’s pitch is grim as and inches deep in goose shite,you used to come off the pitch covered in the stuff.‘When I was very young, I learned that life’s not easy’ | The Sunday Times
    http://www.thetimes.co.uk/share/e3dac708-8194-11e6-9256-b5a66e6f4cfa

Stoner
    Free Member

warriors twitter feed all I could go on yesterday while stuck on the Archery stand at the Autumn Show in Malvern. Looked like a fun match, but again giving away table points by not nailing the win down from a leading position. Will catch the match on BT Sport tonight I think.

Exeter made Brizzle look pretty meek for the half of the game I saw on BT sport last night. I know there’s lots who reckon they’ve built a team that could stay up, but I’ve not seen it yet, and they still make Worcester look passable!

mindmap3
    Free Member

He wouldn’t have been a component of Gustard’s defence at Saracens if he couldn’t tackle.

He’s a liability in defence and still tries to go too high. I’d trust Wade more in defence than Ashton.

Bloody Worcester yesterday. They need to learn to close these games out. Five tries really should be a victory.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Gopperth cleverly changed his angle.

True but his change of angle actually brought him closer to North and he kinda arced round him. Gopperth has looked extremely impressive at centre. He’s a great all-round footballer.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Tigers v Bath has been cracking so far! Bit of inaccuracy from Leicester in Bath 22 has seen the scores stay closer than otherwise.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Jesus, George Fords kicking from a tee…..just missed from 15 metres!!!!

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Tuilagi to miss Autumn Internationals.

The groin strain continues.

wrecker
    Free Member

Gopperth has looked extremely impressive at centre. He’s a great all-round footballer.

The way he has performed speaks volumes for the man. Most 10’s would get a bit put out at another “big” 10 turning up at the club, but Gopperth has dug in, played blinders and has owned the 12 shirt.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Good win for Tigers. I’d fancied Bath to do a job there today, but the Tigers pack did its job.

Shame about Manu. This seems to be a real issue that doesn’t really want to go away. Could he be a high profile early retiree due to ongoing injury issues?

tjagain

Bad loss for a heavily rotated Glasgow, bad loss for Edinburgh ‘cos they are shite
    *sulks*

Tom-B
    Free Member

Shame about Manu…..can’t really say that England miss him now in one sense given that he’s basically been missing for 2 seasons.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Shame about Manu…..can’t really say that England miss him now in one sense given that he’s basically been missing for 2 seasons.

Was having the same chat yesterday afternoon – he does bring a certain x factor but has his limitations (keeping the defensive line etc) and we’ve coped without him.

A shame, but if Joseph keeps doing what he’s been doing Manu isn’t going to replace him and he’s not really a 12.

duckman

Solomans sacked by Embra, Cotter to Montpellier and the SRU looking to sell both Scottish pro teams. Err…Slow down boys!

anagallis_arvensis

Who would buy Glasgow and Edinburgh?
    The pro12 is shit, wont last much longer.

onehundredthidiot

Parisse got a red and won’t play for a until the hearing.

Letter of the law says red but it’s a bit harsh. Stade 6 provides the momentum to push the tackled player to hit the ground head first

Pigface
    Free Member

The pro12 is shit, wont last much longer.

Kind of agree with this but what is the alternative? the premiership is all sewn up with a huge TV contract and don’t want anyone to crash the party.

duckman

AA retains this belief that the Welsh regions will somehow enter the English set up. Pro 12 goes, you lot are in even worse crap than us.

tjagain

Pro 12 has some cracking rugby games. There has been some great rugby in the first few games. Its got enough money to survive but will always struggle to compete with England and france

None of the good rugby has come from Edinburgh mind you. Sacked our coach now as well and our “star” 10 Meatball has broken his jaw.

* returns to corner and sulks further*

Tom-B
    Free Member

Watching Exeter v Saints……great start for Chiefs.

Few questions….. When did Harry Malinder become a 10? Why hasn’t Steenson got more plaudits as a 10?

Biggest puzzler of all though, why on earth has the commentator just said ‘how wonderful it is to see Callum Clark back playing’? ….erm no my friend, it really **** isn’t!!!!!

anagallis_arvensis

That George North is a bit slow!

anagallis_arvensis

AA retains this belief that the Welsh regions will somehow enter the English set up.

No I dont. I’d like to see it but not sure I’ve ever said it would happen.

Pro 12 goes, you lot are in even worse crap than us.

We’d all be ****, but who Glasgow going to play each week. Oh Edinburgh…great

muddydwarf
    Free Member

What would it benefit the Aviva Premiership to have the Welsh regions involved? If they were a good financial bet then they would be drawing in the crowds & cash now surely?
    16 teams is too many, so why should English clubs move over/down for regions/clubs from a foreign Union?
    It’s not up to the Aviva or the T14 to ensure the long term health of Celtic rugby even if its healthy for the global game as a whole, its for the Celts to develop a sound financial model.
    For what its worth, I’m not sure the way the Aviva is going is sustainable in the longer term.

Back to Saints V Chiefs..

Kryton57

Quote from Jones “Cipriani likes to be No1. If he wants to play for us he needs to actually be No 1”

So how comes with ForReal injured Ford remains in the setup? Who’ll kick? Surely Cips is a shoe in for the Autums tests…

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Cips isn’t in the 45 man elite squad is he?

anagallis_arvensis

If they were a good financial bet then they would be drawing in the crowds & cash now surely?

Tricky when you are playing Zebre and Edinburgh away. The welsh Derbies get decent crowds but the money is in the TV product and the Pro12 is rubbish.

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 6,096 total)

The topic ‘Rugby thread 2016/2017’ is closed to new replies.