Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Rugby fans what are your thoughts on Bakkies Botha?
  • Stuey01
    Free Member

Oh FFS Teetosugars, I said I was trolling you to get you to bite. Don’t bother having a pop at DezB and a_a. You’ve already lowered it with personal insults.

I’d suggest it is pretty hard to take the moral high ground when you have accused an entire nation of men of wife beating and admitted to trolling.

Re: Botha, he’s a thug. His “rapsheet” is full of blatantly violent play. Yes rugby is a hard game, but he takes it way beyond legality far too often.

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve still yet to meet a South African with a properly developed sense of humou

Really? I work with a South African and had the best snowboarding holiday ever with 8 guys from Cape Town staying in our chalet.
    Funny accents but a right ol’ laugh.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’d suggest it is pretty hard to take the moral high ground when you have accused an entire nation of men of wife beating and admitted to trolling.

I’d suggest that in your hurry to post you didn’t stop to think whether you were going to write bollocks or not. I’m not taking the high moral ground; I was merely advising the South African chap that he shouldn’t be having a pop at a-a or DezB (though I’m sure they’re well able to stick up for themselves). And personal insults just lower the tone – though he’s now said that face to face, he’d call me a prick too. If I heard that with a South African accent, I’d probably steer well clear. They’re usually well able to “look after themselves” them fellas.

Stuey01
    Free Member

And suggesting that South Africans beat their wives isn’t lowering the tone? Much worse than (rightly, in this case) calling you a prick, imho.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

And suggesting that South Africans beat their wives isn’t lowering the tone?

I’d suggest men of every nationality beat their wives.

FFS, have you read the thread or what? Once Teetosugars bit, I told him I was trolling him to bite after his ridiculous “Fantastic Player. Glad we have him on our team” about someone who everybody else on the thread pretty much agreed was a thug. But he continued to defend his nation even and name-call.

Mind you, I was thinking this morning, I know 6 South African women (well) – 2 of them are in hiding from their husbands – 1 has had to come over here, one is in hiding over there…I dunno, if the cap fits and all that…

duckman

Hole..DD…digging.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Hole..DD…digging.

You said it…can’t resist the troll though… 😆

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Y’know, when i called the Welsh ‘phlegm spitter’s DD was all over me for it..

Just saying..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

DD was all over me for it..

I’m sure I wasn’t…plenty of the welsh contingent were though 😛

robbo1234biking

ON a slightly different note wasn’t there an interview with him where he is a devout Christian and family man and is very quiet of the field. Apparently his persona is completely different

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

go hard or go home

Having been introduced to rugby in the era when the ABs forwards turned ‘cleaning out a ruck’ into an art form, I’ve no problem with going hard, but it was drummed into me as a youngster learning rugby that it was a game of controlled aggression. Taking cheap shots off the ball like Bakkies Botha habitually does is cheating, plain and simple.

Anyway, this thread is making me come over all nostalgic…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v439zTOJVho[/video]

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Oh you were DD (quite fairly i might add) “very poor show there MD” etc. etc.

Which is why i’m surprised to see you make such an ill thought out and offensive remark this morning..

DezB
    Free Member

My wife told me last night she thought Bakkies Botha was good looking.
    I gave her a black eye.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

this morning

Yesterday, when you want to start paying attention 🙄 But don’t let that stop you posting bollocks – maybe go easy on the ibuprofen matey.

very poor show there MD

And if that’s what you call “all over me”, then I don’t know where to go…

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Fair enough, only read it this morning though. You were quite put out about my comment, and i accept it was wrong and offensive to make it.
    After you said that to me i’m now slightly surprised to see you making such a similar style of comment thats all.
    If someone had said that all Irish people were alcoholic Catholic kiddy fiddlers you’d be upset about such a gross generalisation wouldn’t you?
    I actually think you come across as a good bloke, intelligent and well reasoned… Just not in that post. 🙁

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

If someone had said that all Irish people were alcoholic Catholic kiddy fiddlers you’d be upset about such a gross generalisation wouldn’t you?

😆

It’s been known on this forum.

I’m kinda tired of explaining it now – I said it to wind someone up – it’s not what I really think – I’m running out of ways to say it…

Pigface
    Free Member

Oi dwarf dont remember you saying sorry at the time just tried to justify it with it just a bit of banter.

IdleJon

yossarian – Member
    Top colonial baiting chaps!

I’ve still yet to meet a South African with a properly developed sense of humour

The guy at the next desk to me is a Bulls supporter from Port Elizabeth. Good bloke, gsoh(!), and a dislocated shoulder from playing rugby……at least that what he says. Maybe his Welsh girlfriend dislocated it for him?

robbo1234biking – Member
    ON a slightly different note wasn’t there an interview with him where he is a devout Christian and family man and is very quiet of the field. Apparently his persona is completely different

That’s very funny if you think about the society he comes from.

Very devout, great family values, just a pity that the South Africans introduced apartheid to the world.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

You’re quite right Pigface – i did.
    Came to see that i had been insulting later on as i relflected on my words/actions.

So i’ll apologise now instead.

Pigface
    Free Member

Dwarf very decent of you.

IdleJon

Finally having watched the match I have to say that I completely missed the offence!

It was a niggly game early on, but Botha seemed to play well.

The only obvious citable offence that I noticed was the Bulls prop shoulder charging Habana into touch nowhere near the ball. A situation that Glen Jackson the TJ completely ignored despite looking straight at it.

lunge

Is that Glen Jackson the previous Saracens fly-half?

IdleJon

That’s him. (I couldn;t remember which club he played for!)

Suggsey
    Free Member

Not read much rof the thread re wife beating as I wish to comment as an ex player retired with a neck injury that I would like to see a ban in any clearing out using the neck in a judoesque style technique that seems to be all the rage at all levels. FFS they have reduced the scrums to a sissie fight without handbags now but clearing out by a neck wrap and throw is allowed. i suppose when a high profile player is severly injured they will ban it.
    As for Bakkies himself I appreciate his physical hardness and he does a job as a professional rugby player whilst what the vidoe shows him doing is playing the scrumhalf who was not part of the ruck (so should have been penalised) you do see in the slow-mo that he purposefully drove him down with his neck in a hyper extended position. I am sure that everyone that has played rugby at a certain level knows that cheating and not getting caught or putting in that hit on the opposition fly half so that the next time he sees you coming he drops the ball is all part of the game. I never played to loose.
    Its just the way it is till the law gets changed……

IdleJon

Suggsey, Gwyn Jones on ScrumV highlighted that the Irish forwards in the 6N were grabbing players around the neck an basically throttling them to keep them upright and claiming the resultant maul because the attacker couldn’t get the ball to ground. Against Wales they did it to Mike Phillips 5 times and iirc he said about 10 times during the match in total. Not a single penalty was given.

Now, it’s slightly different from what you’ve described but still dangerous play, which like clearing out rucks with a shoulder charge seems to be condoned – until we end up witha high profile player with a life threatening injury.

Suggsey
    Free Member

‘Donnaca Callaghan’ sorry about the spelling, was the worst offender all 6N the only time he put hands on any opposition was throttling people. Like you say till a high profile player is crippled nothing will be done.

sputnik
    Free Member

yossarian : “Another cross eyed, hairy backed german with a suntan”

If you call that a well developed sense of humour you can keep it.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

EDIT: tbh, I can’t be arsed.

sputnik
    Free Member

Suggsey, I couldn’t agree more. Clearing out in that manner does not belong in the game at all. In fact, clearing out doesn’t belong in the game.

Idle John, please don’t tar all South Africans with the Apartheid brush. I hate it myself and am South African.
    Just because a politician coined a phrase for a world wide phenomena you are generalising and implying that all white South Africans agree(d) with Apartheid and are all racists.

IdleJon

sputnik – Member

Idle John, please don’t tar all South Africans with the Apartheid brush. I hate it myself and am South African.
    Just because a politician coined a phrase for a world wide phenomena you are generalising and implying that all white South Africans agree(d) with Apartheid and are all racists.

Sorry sputnik, didn’t mean to imply that – in fact most S Africans (outside SA) I’ve met have been good guys.

My point was that being devoutly religious and loving your kids means nothing in relation to how you treat other people. SA was just a good example of that…

And in terms of devout family men who are dirty players on the pitch, my mother in law used to be friendly with and attend the same church as Salesi Finau (Scarlets and Tonga??). A lovely man, would do anything for anybody. He didn’t used to clothes-line other church-goers, but was a nasty player.

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Rugby fans what are your thoughts on Bakkies Botha?’ is closed to new replies.