Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Rufus Hound?
  • RustySpanner

As far as I can see, what we have here is a posh boy with a stupid made up name, a grin that makes my fists itch, comedy facial hair that a student would reject as pathetic and an inability to be funny.

What, exactly, is he for?

What does he do that is remotely positive, life affirming, constructive or amusing, apart from look smug on the kind of television programs that make me want to strap grenades to myself, invade television centre and demand the return of my licence fee.

I’ve seen dead badgers, bloated and rolling around the hard shoulder that have made more of a contribution to human happiness than this smug, self satisfied waste of a potentially below average local radio presenter.

If anyone can point me in the direction of an example of his work that makes me laugh, I will withdraw the above remarks and buy said poster a pint.

FuzzyWuzzy

I find him funny on Celebrity Juice, not sure I’ve noticed him anywhere else…

druidh
    Free Member

I’ve no idea who you are talking about, but I’m sure he’ll be glad of the extra publicity you are generating on his behalf.

RustySpanner

Celebrity Juice? Jebus sodding Christ in a chariot pulled by donkeys…..

It’s sponsored by Frosty Jack cider, which obviously gives you an idea of it’s target demographic.
    Perhaps it appears slightly amusing after drinking two litres of apple flavoured industrial effluent, but I’ve just tried watching a bit on the ITV player and had to stop as my screaming was upsetting the people next door.

I’m not buying you a pint, and would recommend a six week intensive course of Father Ted as a matter of urgency.

flatfish
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9qGAlg2DZc&feature=related[/video]

retro83
    Free Member

Celebrity juice is my guilty pleasure. A bit like harry hill. I wish I didn’t find it funny but I do.

Agreed that Rufus is funny on it and I thought he was pretty good on Argumental as well (though not as funny as Marcus).

molgrips
    Free Member

He does seem to be one of those who make a living out of being sarcastic and sneering. I was hoping we’d got rid of most of these people in the 90s.

Kind of the opposite of Dave Gorman really, who’s a hero of mine 🙂

RustySpanner

I’ve no idea who you are talking about, but I’m sure he’ll be glad of the extra publicity you are generating on his behalf.

Are cynicism pills compulsory in Edinburgh or is it just a symptom of excessive rain and darkness? 🙂

I look forward to reading your list of H’Onion chat discussion approved topics with great anticipation.

He does seem to be one of those who make a living out of being sarcastic and sneering. I was hoping we’d got rid of most of these people in the 90s.

I know molgrips, but his post about bagging all the Munros was excellent.
    Oh, sorry, you meant Rufus………

almightydutch
    Free Member

I really like the bloke, funny on both Celeb Juice and Argumental.

His take on Cheryl Cole’s ‘Fight for this love’ on Lets dance for Comic Relief was great too.

DezB
    Free Member

He’s got really nice eyes

Haze

Can’t stand the bloke, I’d much rather listen to James Corden make jokes about how fat he is etc.

🙄

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Fcking hell Haze, I wouldn’t quite go that far.

Although if killing was legal and I had one bullet left, I’d be making Hound and Corden stand in front of each other and hoping I could take them both out.

ross980
    Free Member

I agree entirely with the OP. He’s nearly as crap as that scrawny annoying younger Russell Brand lookalike, can’t even remember his name, Jack something… As humorous as the clap.

RustySpanner

Flatfish, nice try, but he’s basically reading a prompt card whilst taking his clothes off.

I live in Todmorden, you can see something similar in the Wellington most afternoons.

Sorry, no pint.

verses

A few years back, before he was properly famous (erm, that should perhaps read “more readily recognisable”), I spotted him while staggering very drunkenly around the Latitude Festival.

In what I thought was a subtle manner (but I’m reliably informed wasn’t), I apparently bellowed at the top of my voice “F-ING HELL, IT’S RUFUS HOUND!”. He responded with a cheery “Alright fella” and kept walking.

Despite my reaction above I’m largely indifferent to him. can easily understand why people would dislike him though.

Klunk
    Free Member

As humorous as the clap.

the clap is funny if it’s someone else 😉

Klunk
    Free Member

he crops up quite frequently on radio4 at weekdays @ 6.30. not completely unfunny but I tend to be more tolerant when i can’t see their faces (richard bacon being the exception)

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

celebrity juice is great TV

DezB
    Free Member

Talking of crap comedians, have you seen what Les Dennis is up to these days?
    Caught a bit of it the other day and thought it was hilarious! He has a real look of “What the hell has happened to my career?” on his face.
    Fee Fi Fo Yum

RustySpanner

That’s it, 40 minutes in and all we’ve proved is that he can take his clothes off whilst reading.

I’m writing to the BBC to offer to beat him to death with Vanessa Whitburn, live on Saturday night primetime just after the lottery show.
    Something all the family can gather round the telly and enjoy, I’m sure you’ll all agree.

Junkyard
    Free Member

He does seem to be one of those who make a living out of being sarcastic and sneering

Is that not the dream job for most of STW prolific posters rather than doing it on here for free
    No onbjection to him nor any great love
    Celebrity Juice EH I am pleased to say I have no idea what it is and long may it stay this way

deluded
    Free Member

I’m with the OP – Hound is a wretched, talentless non-entity. Who is sponsoring this doughnuts career on TV FFS? He’s an irritant that not even the strongest antihistamine would be able to shift.

I suspect this pint will go unclaimed.

RustySpanner

celebrity juice is great TV

No it isn’t.
    The World at War was great TV.
    Civilisation by Kenneth Clark was great TV.
    Life on Earth, Edge of Darkness, Blackadder and Abigail’s Party were great TV:
    Celebrity Juice is a group of vacuous nonentities being filmed regurgitating scripted remarks (I hesitate to use the word ‘jokes’) about another group of vacuous nonentities, the sole purpose of which is to sell cheap apple flavoured alcohol to the kind of people who think Rufus Hound is amusing so they can somehow blot out their pointless existence for a few blissful hours. 😀

DezB
    Free Member

I bet you don’t watch ‘OK TV’ either, Rusty Spanner 😉

Haze

Although if killing was legal and I had one bullet left, I’d be making Hound and Corden stand in front of each other and hoping I could take them both out

You’d need to place Hound first.

For the record I got into Celebrity Juice ‘by accident’ (girlfriend watches it) and don’t mind Hound.

I cannot hide my dislike of Corden.

RustySpanner

Dez, I pretty much stopped watching TV the day Ernie Bishop got shot on Corrie.

Wednesday January 11, 1978, I believe.
    The magic died, along with Ernest, on a cold, dirty Weatherfield factory office floor.

DezB
    Free Member

Emily’s old man?

RustySpanner

That’s the chap.

Worried look, dandruff.
    Never watched an episode since.

beamers

Anyone having done the TransRockies in the past few years when the event has passed through Nipika will know that there is only one Rufus Hound:

IMG_2316 by Mark and Kirsty Beaman, on Flickr

DezB
    Free Member

See, told you he had nice eyes

SiB
    Free Member

Rusty Spanner…..considering you pretty much stopped watching tv you appear to know alot about it. So how much is ‘pretty much stopped’?

Holly Willobooby, enough said. Do you know who I mean Rusty Spanner? Course you do, you love it.

RustySpanner

Rusty Spanner…..considering you pretty much stopped watching tv you appear to know alot about it. So how much is ‘pretty much stopped’?

Holly Willobooby, enough said. Do you know who I mean Rusty Spanner? Course you do, you love it.

I can give up any time I want, honest. 🙂

I honestly have no idea of who Holly Willoughby is or what she is famous for.
    I’ve only seen Argumental and Celebrity Juice via cilps on here.

I quite enjoyed Wallender when that was on, and watched Lewis on Sunday and the Chelsea v Man U game in the pub on Wednesday if that counts. 😀

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

What, exactly, is he for?

Because everyone likes to point at other people and laugh at (not with) them. Knowing you’re superior to at least one other creature on the planet means you can polish off your White Lightening knowing you’re doing it for enjoyment, not to wipe out the pain of your ultimately pointless existance.

SiB
    Free Member

Rusty Spanner, your guard is slipping…….I called Holly by her Celebrity Juice name, you called her by her proper name and considering you have ‘no idea who she is’…..??!

Dont watch too much tv myself but CJ is one I try and watch, I find it very funny, even Rufus!

CaptJon
    Free Member

Hound is less annoying that Marcus Brigstock.

RustySpanner

Hmmmn, interesting one that.

I’d say he’s actually slightly less smug than Brigstock, but Brigstock is actually amusing and I tend to agree with what he says, so I can forgive him.

The mound that is the Hound, however IS NOT AMUSING IN ANT WAY SHAPE OR FORM.
    I think we’ve proved that.

He’s not a comedian, he’s not written anything of note and according to his wiki entry he just presents daytime TV programmes and appears on panel shows.

What prompted the original post was hearing his vapid, meaningless drone assault me from the speakers of my radio whilst I was listening to Radio 4 extra this morning.
    Jesus, are we not safe anywhere?

CaptJon
    Free Member

The trouble with Brigstock, aside from the terrible, nauseating smugness (i think he was conceived by Radio 4’s head of comedy and Piers Morgan) is the obvious jokes you can see the punchline for a mile away.

RustySpanner

(i think he was conceived by Radio 4’s head of comedy and Piers Morgan)

😀

He’s better on radio I think. You can’t see how annoyingly pleased he is with himself. Still funny though.

DezB
    Free Member

I like Brigstock’s stand-up. And he can act too. Have you seen King Stupid?

_tom_
    Free Member

Him and Brigstock can do one, they’re both shite as is Argumental.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Rufus Hound?’ is closed to new replies.