• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by kevj.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Ruffle Bar are back, a taste of the seventies
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

Ricky pulled a couple of these out of his Camelbak last night. I hadn’t seen one since the seventies. It was smaller than I remember, but my mouth is probably bigger than when I was eight. The smell and taste we a total time travel experience. Dark bitter chocolate with a sweet raspberry flavoured coconut filling.

AlasdairMc

You get them at Farmfoods – six for a quid. Poundstretcher do the bite sized ones though which I think better as the chocolate is thicker. On nom nom

davosaurusrex

You can get the multi packs in Sainsburys, so wrong but yet so right!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cvilla

Slightly OT but still sweets from the past (70’s), I recall Treasure Island sweets and one called Spanish Gold, a distinct blend of chocolate, sugar and coconut, no idea if you can still get it. Sweet memories 🙂

boxfish
    Free Member

Ruffle bars never went away, you just have to know where to get them… 😉

scaredypants

quietly praying for a Cabana revival here

(don’t worry Woppitites – not really praying)

CountZero

I’ve never, ever heard of a Ruffle Bar! Got a bit of a hankering for one now…

AdamW
    Free Member

All hail The Woppit! Think it has something to do with penguins, IIRC, though I could be wrong about that.

Anyway: Ruffle. Bleugh. Coconut. Due to be banned when I rule the world! (Not long now, I’m sure the letter I got from me mam/the local council said it would be soon.)

Oh yes: mooooohahahahahahahahahaaha!

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Scaredypants – you’re the only other person I’ve heard mention cabanas – they ruled. I remember getting a bit giddy when I discovered ‘cherry ripe’ bars in Oz, but they’re very disappointing in comparison.

eggshellblonde
    Free Member

TEXAN BARS

Bite through the chocolate and chew, real slow.

Chewy when hot absolute teeth breakers when cold.sigh.

boxfish
    Free Member

Rowntrees Nutty Bar….nom

kevj
    Free Member

Star bar anyone?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Ruffle Bar are back, a taste of the seventies’ is closed to new replies.