Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rudy Project + prescription: inserts or direct glaze?
  • Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

As above really – anyone any experience with the inserts, good or bad?

I was thinking of going the inserts route so that I could change lenses / go clear etc, if I wanted to, but then I noticed that the photochromatic lenses go from practically clear to almost black anyway, so I could probably get by with just the one lens , and go directly glazed, which seems cleaner.

But thought I’d ask any users on here before stumping up…

Any advantages/disadvantages of either option I might’ve missed. (Inserts get pricey when you add on anti-reflective, anti-scratch and anti-fog.)

aP
    Free Member

I have inserts in RP Maya. They work fine, and due to my prescription they’re effectively the only cycling glasses available for me. The ImpactX lenses are very good.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

did you bother with the anti-fog coating aP?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    BillOddie

Having used Inserts and Direct Glazed riding glasses, my advice is that if you can go direct glazed, do that.

Inserts in my Rudy projects were a bit of a pain, photochromic lenses are ace.

aP
    Free Member

I had my inserts glazed by my optician, tbh I can’t remember. It would probably be a good idea to.

Wookster

I’ve had inserts and if I’m honest they are a pain. Direct is better.

slowoldman

I have to have inserts due to my prescription. I would guess direct would be better but I take the point re interchangeable lenses. I’m surprised by the comment above re. inserts getting pricey. Mine are pretty cheap considering my prescription.

As an alternative, have you considered contact lenses? Daily wear disposables are cheap as chips these days and ideal for occasional use.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Rudy Project + prescription: inserts or direct glaze?’ is closed to new replies.