Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Rude people who can't be bothered to give feedback on Eblag.
  • globalti
    Free Member

I took a hell of a lot of trouble to pack those wheels securely and get them collected on the day after you won the bid so that you got them in perfect condition the following day, so if you’ve just bought a pair of Fulcrum S5 wheels from me, GIVE ME SOME FEEDBACK YOU MUPPET!

I’ve even messaged you to check you received them and are happy and to politely ask you not to forget the feedback and still you can’t be bothered.

Grrrrrr!

bruneep

pay me £5 and i’ll give you positive feedback if its that important to you.

jekkyl

Who cares about feedback? You got your money, that’s why you did it.

sc-xc

I used to be bothered, in the very early days of ebay. I’m just not sure it’s that important anymore.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Probably wants you to leave feedback first

midlifecrashes

Probably wants to ride them first, might need more bits for the build yet too. Could be a while yet.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Some people can’t be bothered to leave feedback, but it works both ways. If they don’t then neither do you. Simples.

nealglover
    Free Member

[feedback]

Seems quite a shouty, angry ranty person. Really odd online rant demanding feedback.

Parcel arrived on time.

[/feedback]

jimc101
    Free Member

Why not look and see if & when they (the buyer) gives feedback? Some just don’t, ever, some do upon receipt, some do it by batch every few weeks/months, just live with it.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Have you left feedback for the buyer?

nuke

^ this…have you left buyer feedback?

They’ll be to busy filing their PayPal dispute after your wheels ‘arrived bent’. 😉

m360
    Free Member

They’ll be leaving it a few more days, then filling an “item not as described case” which, will result in you refunding them or ebay refunding them and you owing ebay.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I assume you leave feedback for every single time that you get good service on ANY purchase?

wrecker
    Free Member

As a buyer I will only leave feedback once I’ve received it.

Ringo
    Free Member

I never give feedback, I really couldn’t give a shit.

mattsccm
    Free Member

I must admit to often not bothering me. The system is distorted. I expect the goods and service to be as posted. That’s what I am paying for, no more and no less. So that’s a neutral feedback to me.
    Good is when services etc are exceeded or maybe something sold as damaged is not. Getting things right should be the norm and expected not something that is above and beyond expectations.
    People expect good feed back for normal decent service.

Simon

If you messaged me to remind me to leave feedback I’d probably not bother to leave any.

konabunny
    Free Member

NEUTRAL

Boring thread, would not read again. ,,..–@:–..,, L@@K!!!!

globalti
    Free Member

Of course we always give feedback; on items we’ve bought and on items we’ve sold, usually within an hour or two of receiving the payment. Those posting above who casually dismiss the importance of feedback are missing the entire point of Ebay, which is that the site is self-policing through the feedback that users give and receive. There is still a big element of goodwill surrounding Ebay because the potential for fraud is there, yet on the whole and for most users it works very well thanks to civilised, well-mannered interaction through the site.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Ive not bothered with eBay feedback for years, 95% of the sellers are now just shops, and as others said why leave +ve feedback for just getting what you expected.

Didnt they change the system anyway so you can no longer leave negative feedback which just makes it even more pointless.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Cannot see the point of feedback until either the item has been received and tested or if selling, enough time has passed to prevent stupid returns. Also that’s the point of my neutral as standard.

Alphabet

I sell lots of things on eBay. I’m running at around 50% feedback rate from buyers even though I always give good feedback.

4130s0ul
    Free Member

it’s a bit like tipping, if you provide a service above and beyond your job then you’ll get a tip as thanks.
    otherwise you’re just fulfilling your half of the expected transaction.

sc-xc

With buyer protection, feedback means nothing now. I don’t even bother looking.

mattsccm
    Free Member

2 posts above say it all .

m360
    Free Member

There is still a big element of goodwill surrounding Ebay because the potential for fraud is there

Since ebay stopped you leaving negative feedback for buyers, and gave buyers the right to a refund no matter what (they just have to open a case), the fraud is now coming from buyers rather than sellers.

chakaping
    Free Member

it’s a bit like tipping, if you provide a service above and beyond your job then you’ll get a tip as thanks.

Except the OP claims he did this and didn’t “get a tip”. But perhaps you’re sideing with him anyway?

I do find it a bit frustrating when eBay buyers specifically nag you that they need something super-quick or ask a load of stupid questions that involve you reseraching whether the part will fit their bike – and then still don’t bother with the feedback.

johndoh
    Free Member

I forget to leave it for months sometimes, it really isn’t important. I couldn’t care if I am not left it on my sales.

grum
    Free Member

As above. Always used to but it’s pointless now.

cookeaa

Get over it you big mardy Girl… Nobody actually cares about ebay feedback other than fraudsters trying to appear respectable…

Personally I tend to Leave any feedback when I remember, for the last two months worth of purchases in one big go rather than instantly logging on to gush over the awesomeness of each of my latest internet cast-off purchase when they hit the mat…

TBH if sellers start going on about feedback, I’d be tempted to post “Suspiciously pushy for positive feedback” and mark you down for it…

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I don’t really use eBay and I don’t really get this etiquette about feedback. I can see why it’s useful, but if I’m buying something then you send me the stuff and I send you the money. If there’s no problem then that’s the end of it. I suppose if you’d gone spectacularly above and beyond I might do feedback, but I don’t see why you’re entitled to it.

footflaps

In the early days of Ebay, feedback mattered. Now it’s just a left over legacy that doesn’t serve any purpose.

globalti
    Free Member

It still matters to private sellers, believe me.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Not an ebayer myself however cant see anything wrong with giving a positive feedback if you are happy !

Geniality and good manners cost nowt !!

Simon

EBay isn’t what it used to be, it’s full of traders, shops and businesses rather than an online auction/car boot sale for general public. When your dealing with private individuals feedback makes sense but I don’t see it as important business users.
    As a private seller the fees eBay and PayPal charge now make it a last resort for me when selling stuff. And as a long standing eBay member with well over 1100 positive feedbacks I really couldn’t give a shit if nobody ever left me feedback ever again.

nickc

well-mannered interaction through the site.

GIVE FEEDBACK YOU MUPPET grrrrrr

Ummmmmmm….

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

As a buyer I will only leave feedback once I’ve received it.

No I won’t unless you do
    No I won’t unless you do
    No I won’t unless you do
    No I won’t unless you do…..

Grow up FFS.

I just leave feedback and forget about it. I’m not bothers if I get any or not, but I don’t like pushy people that ask for it either. Only left negative once and they had the cheek to tell me it was damaging their reputation. I told them that was the reason if done it, as their service was shite.

nedrapier

Is this a little bit like getting the bill in a restaurant and the waitress has written

Thanks,
    See you soon!!!
    Sherri 🙂

next to the “service not included” line?

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Rude people who can't be bothered to give feedback on Eblag.’ is closed to new replies.