Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Rucksack recommendations?
  • SiB
    Free Member

Need a largish rucksack for riding (40l ish) but as cheap as possible without looking too cheap! Preferably black/grey with no my little pony or Hannah Montana logos. Anyone got any suggestions?

redthunder
    Free Member

Did’nt read post properly.

dmiller
    Free Member

Anything by Osprey. I have a Talon 33l and its super. A year of commuting daily and its still going strong!

tommid
    Free Member

Alpkit Gourdon goes up to 30L, Ive got one and its great. Can’t fault it. Very cheap as well.
    Sadly no My little Pony pictures on it though…

BadlyWiredDog

40 litres is huge for a bike pack, do you really need that much capacity, 30 litres with additional stuff pockets etc sounds more sensible. Brands I’d be looking at are Osprey if you’re loaded, OMM – maybe one of their larger race packs – and more affordably the likes of VauDe and Vango. Oh, and another premium brand, GoLite do minimal but effective packs.

SiB
    Free Member

BWD – its actually for a friend who has no car and 3 kids so his daily commute to work includes a trip to supermarket everyday to fetch tea home as well as carrying the commuter essentials….big rucksack needed. I have tried to talk him into a 30l but he wont have it!! Anyway, a 40l one could double as a tent for whole family when needed its so big!

Thanks for recommendations.

topangarider
    Free Member

Tell him to get panniers.

MrAgreeable

Deuter Transalp. Will happily swallow a day’s shopping, tough as old boots, loads of pockets and you can bungee anything that won’t fit inside on to the back of it. Oh and it’s black and grey.

Or a bike rack and some crappy old panniers.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Decathlon do some good rucksacks that are fairly cheap. The Bionnassay ones come in a range of sizes, they’re designed for mountaineering but it means they’re fairly narrow. I like the fact that the daisy chain on the front and the ice axe loop hold my d-lock on the outside of my bag perfectly.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Rucksack recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.