Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • rucksack for luggage and very short cycle? L2P
  • aw
    Free Member

Hi

I am after a rucksuck (dont ask me what cpacity) to carry about 4 days worth of luggage on my london to paris bike ride. I need to get my bike to the london hotel start pint but also need to carry the luggage without the use of a car (i.e. by train).

I thought a large rucksack which I could sling on my bike and pedal (a short slow distance) would be the best option.

any to recommend? Needs to be big enough for four days worth of travelling (30 litres?) but small enough for this short cycle ride to the hotel from Blackheath train station (about 5 mins on road bike).

cookeaa

Do you mean a pannier?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Forget the cycle requirement and just take a decent bag, walk the 5mins to the station.

nedrapier

A friend of mine did L2P over 3 or 4 days (B&Bing) recently and took a Carradice SQR Slim on the seatpost and an alpkit drybag as a barbag. Her luggage was the envy of her rucksack-toting team mates.

nedrapier

sorry, might have misread.

You’re cycling all the way, but you’re meeting the support van at the train station, and they’re going to take your luggage from there?

Anything with a shoulder strap would do that? North Face duffel bag?

aw
    Free Member

yep thats right just to get the 5 mins cycle or 10 mins walk with bike from train station to hotel at Blackheath…I intend to minimise my carrying ability when actually cyling on the challenge…jersey pcokets or small camelbak.

njee20
    Free Member

Any bag will do – you can carry just about anything with two handles on your back, may not be comfy, but for that distance it’ll be fine.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

10 mins walk with bike from train station to hotel at Blackheath

Honestly unless you feel the need to shop whatever suitcase you own.

Gary_M
    Free Member

small suitcase on wheels in one hand and push the bike, rucksack on back and push the bike or pedal if you must. I’m guessing if its a 5 minute cycle then its less than 2 miles.

What bag do you use if you go on holiday?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘rucksack for luggage and very short cycle? L2P’ is closed to new replies.