Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • rucksack cleaning advice needed…and some pretty pictures of mountains for you
  • mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

Cracking few days in the Cairngorms last week.

Slightly marred by managing to get crisp'n'dry oil all over the outside of two of my rucksacks. Any advice on how to clean it off?

as a reward here's some pictures from the trip

clicky picky for linky

cynic-al
    Free Member

degreaser?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

not sure if that'll mess up the waterproofing though

robgarrioch

usually use swarfega if I splash my clothes – only small areas so don't know about waterproofing… Doesn't stain though.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Washing powder in the bath – thats how I clean mine. Mind you I never trust the waterproofing in ruckscas but I can't imagine it will do any harm

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

yeah waterproofing is a fairly loose term. washing powder sounds good, swarfega would be a bit of an arse as they are large areas

although thinking about it I will have to try some experimental patches, washing powder struggles with oil on clothing at 45 in the washing machine

Ewan
    Free Member

Nice pics!

You need to clean your sensor tho…

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

yes! badly!

and i've cleaned those up a bit too, missed quite a few mind.

lens is pretty filthy too, well the UV0 was, i'll whip it off for shooting wide into the sun in future i think

thanks

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

a quick google seems to bring up scrubbing and rinsing with a hose. i may scrub the affected areas with washing up liquid then soak in the bath for a bit with washing powder then rinse of with the hose

UK-FLATLANDER

Could try something like Nikwax Techwash, intended for waterproof jackets so shouldn't damage your sack.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

lens is pretty filthy too, well the UV0 was

dirt on the lens just reduces contrast or causes flare…

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

blimey simon you are out to get me today!

you mean like this

🙄

are you that bored that you are turning into a low grade troll?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘rucksack cleaning advice needed…and some pretty pictures of mountains for you’ is closed to new replies.