Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Rubbish tyre clearance, need a short one!
  • pedalhead
    Free Member

I’ve just built up a new (to me) Salsa Selma.

gratuitous piccie…

Only problem is, the tyre clearance by the seatstay bridge is bloomin awful…that’s a 2.25 Ra Ra and it rubs!

Any suggestions please for a fast (but not completely slick!) 29er tyre that has a nice low profile? Must be tubeless-able and a tough sidewall is a bonus (it has to cope with Chilterns flint). Cheers!

br
    Free Member

I use to prefer a 2-ply Larsen in the Chilts, but no funny wheel option – Crossmark?

pedalhead
    Free Member

Cheers, Crossmarks get sliced & diced in the Chilts (I’ve killed three regular ones). Might consider another LUST Crossmark, only killed one of those.

Trimix
    Free Member

Less air ?

Trimix
    Free Member

Or as a serious answer, how about the 650b size, which would be 27.5 inches in diameter ?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I found Crossmarks to be a really tall tyre (at least in 26″ x 2.25″). Ate up nearly all the clearance in the back end of of full sus but theres plenty of room for a 2.35″ Minion etc so I’d be cautious about a Crossmark…

tootallpaul

Half link in the chain and move the back wheel back?

woody2000

EBB innit ttp, can’t move the wheel. Small Block 8?

soobalias
    Free Member

something in a 2.1?

contis always come up small iirc

pedalhead
    Free Member

cheers chaps, SB8 is definitely on the shortlist. Slant Six looks interesting too. I thought Race Kings were quite tall, or that could have been the 2.2 I had, I think they do a 2.0 as well.

Trimix
    Free Member

How about you pop round and I will heat up my tyre knife (used when I tried supermoto on my KTM525) we can then slice a few mill off the top nobbs 🙂

teamslug
    Free Member

Grind a bit off the inside of the seatstay!!! 😯

mtbmatt
    Free Member

I’ve got a brand new pair of Slant six 2.0 tyres if you are interested.

BigJohn

Grind a bit off the inside of the seatstay

Or ride Cannock Chase in the wet and let the tyre do it for you.

pedalhead
    Free Member

hmm, Matt I’m interested. Wanna drop me a line please? email in profile. cheers!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Rubbish tyre clearance, need a short one!’ is closed to new replies.