Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Rubbish marmalade …
  • scaredypants

I like Aldi’s sour cherry jam

… you know, I feel better already for getting that out; it’s been weighing on me for years.

(It’s lovely on toast with peanut butter)

rudyard197
    Free Member

Yes, I agree rubbish marmalade should be banned. I too like the Fortnum’s Sir Nigel’s Vintage, and at £3.75 a jar, it’s expensive, but you get what you pay for and I would rather have that than 2 cheaper jars! Also, the Fortnum’s old English Hunt is to die for! Loads of shreds!

binners

I’ve never really understood marmalade TBH. I don’t eat anything sweet, so all jam,chocolate, biccies etc are a bit of a mystery to me.

But….. to my uneducated mind, isn’t marmalade like making lovely creamy mashed potato, then deciding to pour all the old spud peelings back into it before serving?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trail_rat
    Free Member

you peel spuds before mashing them ? madness 😉

Bunnyhop

Someone up there ^^^ mentioned that the seville oranges come into the shops around end of January, so I’m guessing that’s the best time to make homemade marmalade.

How long will it last?

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I don’t know about marmalade. Home-made stuff can go on for several years, it should be sterile and properly sealed. I’m eating 09 jam and I’ve just opened a jar of 06 chutney to check – it’s ok. The acid in pickles can eat the lids, though.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Waitrose Thick Cut Orange Marmalade for the grand sum of 51p

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Rubbish marmalade …’ is closed to new replies.