Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Rubbish black colours on tv. Tech help please.
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

So after finally moving into the modern era with an LED tv I’ve been a bit disappointed.
    Last night whilst watching a film for the first time any dark scene with subsequent dark clothing etc was pretty rubbish, pixelated on the blacks.
    I’m hoping that its because I’m still connected from my sky box using a scart lead as my hd one hasn’t arrived yet. Is this the case or is it take tv back time?
    Samsung full hd smart etc etc

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m still connected from my sky box using a scart lead

This^^ You can’t polish a turd.

Is this the case or is it take tv back time?

That would be the jerkiest of kneejerks.

somouk
    Free Member

Not sure if LED is the same but my Samsung plasma took some time to run in and got a lot better.

Also have a google for the model number and calibration information. A lot of people post the settings online after doing it with a proper TV calibrator.

StuE
    Free Member

If you had a crt tv before this, and are expecting the picture quality to be as good on a “modern” flat screen tv you are going to be disappointed imho of course

wrightyson
    Free Member

So wait for said box them try again. It really was poor at times, and this is supposed to be 100hz full hd picture upgrading scanning preloading (not real terms i know)and all that other stuff?

MrNutt
    Free Member

my LG tft monitor has considerably better blacks than the LG tv we have in the drawing room, I seem to remember Sharp had a patent on the best quality black tech, and yes the HDMI lead should improve things no end

CountZero

Once you get your HDMI lead, (and you could easily get one from the local Poundstretcher), Google the setup for your particular set, AVForums is the most likely place to find the best info. When I got my Sony Bravia I spent at least an hour, using info from AVForums and adjusting to suit myself, before I was really happy with the picture. The default setting is usually crap, but time taken to do a proper setup is well worth it.

robdob
    Free Member

Some satellite channels have horrific compressed pictures. ITV4 is one I can think of straight away. Test on BBC first as that’s often the best quality channel.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Rubbish black colours on tv. Tech help please.’ is closed to new replies.