Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Rubber Queens
  • matther01
    Free Member

Are RQ Black Chilli tubeless ready or can only the UST version be run tubeless?

banks
    Free Member

Black chilli should be fine, give the insides a wipe down with some cleaner beforehand?

fivespot
    Free Member

Std. RQ’s can be used tubeles with Stans no problem. I have been using them for about 3 years. They do take a while to seal, by that I mean, they can drop in pressure when left for a few days. My next pair will be the Protection version. Not as heavy as UST, but not as flimsy sidewalls as std. 😉

Northwind

I ran mine tubeless, they were very leaky and took a couple of rides to seal to the point that I could go for a whole ride without reinflating, which was a bit annoying. But worked out well in the end. (these days I add glitter to leaky tyres which helps, might have sorted these faster)

creamegg
    Free Member

been running RQ’s tubeless for couple of years now with no issues at all.

honourablegeorge

Conti recommend this process for their tyres. I’ve had RQs blow off a Flow rim violently.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HfULR0PnZE[/video]

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

these days I add glitter

Glitter, latex, rubber queens?

😯

Northwind

It works really well, fabulous in fact

matther01
    Free Member

Thanks folks. Already have the tubeless versions but wondered if the black chilli would seal…but would appear all do…especially with glitter no less!

BearBack
    Free Member

More recent RQ protection tyres are revolution tubless ready (RTR) and work well. All Protection cases went to rtr in 2012 MY iirc.
    Contis own revo sealant is impressive stuff.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Rubber Queens’ is closed to new replies.