• This topic has 13 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by devs.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Rubber Queen Fail.
  • benmotogp46
    Free Member

Went for a ride today and 20 minutes in at the top of a climb “BANG”!!!

Yep, you guessed it – a tear in my sidewall. Not happy! This is the second time this has happened in 3 months of owning these. The first occasion was on the front but luckily didn’t go all the way through.

I previously ran Maxxis Advantage for three years and never had a problem, not even a single puncture would you believe!

The grip on the RQ’s is absolutely brilliant and I love them but are the reliability issues really worth investing in a new set?
    For now I’ll be doctoring them up with some floss, toothpaste tube, inner tube and glue but it’s made me think twice about going for another ride with them and taking a spare set of tyres with me (Advantages BTW).

Anyone else completely given up on Conti’s?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I though this was going to be way off topic – disappointed now

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

You’re going to take a spare pair of tyres with you? lol!

collinstiffee
    Free Member

i’ve totalled a few side walls on contis, but done the same on maxxis as well. vulnerable a light tyre will be.

Onzadog
    Free Member

You are Yoda and I claim my five pounds

DickBarton

Tubeless or inner tube? Im running tubes in mine and they are faultless…the doesn’t ability on the other hand…

messiah
    Free Member

I’m running non UST’s tubeless and I’ve managed to tear/cut a couple of sidewalls… it’s a price I’m willing to pay for the light weight and performance. I’ve managed to repair almost all the cuts.

If I am riding somewhere really rocky I’ll bung a UST on the back.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I’ve used UST RQ’s on and off for a few years, never had any issues. Including some brutal rocky Alpine weeks. The other guys I ride with never had any issues either.

wrecker
    Free Member

I’ve used UST RQ’s on and off for a few years, never had any issues. Including some brutal rocky Alpine weeks. The other guys I ride with never had any issues either.

+1 My USTs take a LOT of abuse. No problems so far.

boxxer7
    Free Member

I gave up on conti a while back as I kept making the tyres mis shaped whilst cornering/heavy landings. Great grip but something in the carcass was Defintely lacking.

MSP

I don’t rate the compound on the ust rubber queens, and also find the non ust carcases suspect on continental tyres.

Gone over the the hans dampf this year find them much better.

crush83
    Free Member

High Roller II 2.4 exo FTW!

benmotogp46
    Free Member

Nobeerinthefridge – Member
    You’re going to take a spare pair of tyres with you? lol!

As in leave a spare set in the car when visiting trail centres. I had to go home after 20 minutes yesterday whereas I could have continued if I had a spare set.

devs
    Free Member

Anyone else completely given up on Conti’s?

Yep but more for the “great grip, great grip, great grip, ouch!” unpredictability of them. Come to think of it though, I did rip open a sidewall in my short time with them.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Rubber Queen Fail.’ is closed to new replies.