Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Rubber frame protection for swingarm?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi chaps,

Does anyone know where I can get some rubber protection for the underside of the swingarm on an Orange Five?

The chain slaps about like crazy on really fast rocky descents, and would be nice to dampen it.

Cheers

Ricks

RustyMac

inner tube and cable ties???

nickjb
    Free Member

^ that’s what I was going to say

sandwicheater

+2. I prefer road tubes, gives a nice ribbed finish, for my pleasure. Finished off with black electrical tape, bam.

honourablegeorge

3m Mastic tape?

Northwind

Mastic tape is the best I’ve found. Looks neater than a tube (and weighs less, gram hunters). Clutch mech if you don’t already have one manages the chain better too.

Though nothing really silences an Orange, the frame spars are like amplifiers- I filled the swingarm of my 224 with expanding foam and wrapped the chainstay with velcro and pretty much an entire downhill tube and fitted a clutch mech and after all that it was merely quite noisy.

SirHC

3M 2228 is what you are after, 3M branded velcro is another option.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Inner tubes and cable ties. Work far better than any branded gizmos.

nwmlarge
    Free Member

I use the furry side of some velcro, along with under the bottom bracket and wherever cables rub.

Much neater and does the job perfectly while only covering the surface required.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Self amalgamating tape from an electrical shop will do the business, very easy to get a nice neat finish and no cable ties

T1000
    Free Member

Clear silicon self amalgamating tape

rotten
    Free Member

3M 2228 tape is what you want.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Rubber frame protection for swingarm?’ is closed to new replies.