Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Rubber cover on Reverb B hose in T130 C RS?
  • morphio
    Free Member

Had enough of the reverb needing constant bleeding, so bought a BikeYoke Revive to replace it.
    When it comes to taking the reverb out, there’s a soft rubber/foam covering over the hose.

Should I just get rid of this as well? Wasn’t expecting it, not sure how easy it is to be to thread the cable for the bikeYoke through it.
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/mxhEIt2.jpg[/img]

Also as you can see it’s filthy in there. Have tipped out a bit of water and left it upside down to drain for now. I’ve always struggled to stop the whyte rubber seatpost cover from rising up and leaving a gap. Any tips for getting it to stay down?

Cheers!

morphio
    Free Member

No thoughts? I guess I’ll take it out when I get a chance, hopefully tomorrow.

Jeffus
    Free Member

My only thought it is to deaden any rattles from the hose inside the frame

lawman91

It’s just there to quieten the cable nose & stop it rattling, you could take it off, but I imagine the cable would rattle significantly. I have 2017 T13-C RS myself and it’s not caused me any problems leaving it there, you should be able to thread the new cable through easily enough.

morphio
    Free Member

Thanks, I’ll try and rethread it through, but don’t rate my chances as can’t see any of it near the front of the bike where I’ll be threading the outer in. And I don’t have a spare cable to thread through the outer and old hydraulic hose together.

How did you thread the replacement cable through?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Rubber cover on Reverb B hose in T130 C RS?’ is closed to new replies.