Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • RTL Ti dual pos revs…Are they meant to be this bad.
  • robhughes
    Free Member

Evening all.
    How the hell do you set these up.Iv,e tried much fiddling and faddeling but just can,t to get these right.They either dive like **** or bounce your wrists off.
    I,m only light at 150lbs with gear.Ran them from 90psi up to 130.All the comp settings.Rebound from 7 clicks to about 17.To be quite honest they have replaced a pair of 426 air u-turn pikes and i,m now thinking of sticking them back on as they run rings round this contraption.
    Any ideas…
    Cheers all

althepal

Er.. I just set mine up as per the guide but with a bit less pressure cos I like it to move a fair bit.
    I’m sure there’s an order you need to set it all tho can’t remember.. I run my negative air about 5psi less than positive.
    Edit-mine are fixed at 150- not sure if that makes much of a difference..

robhughes
    Free Member

No -ve air on these.Just solo..

craigxxl
    Free Member

I had these forks, no problem setting them up and an a bit of fine tuning ad they were great. Sometimes wish I kept them instead of the Lyriks.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Missus has some older ones I set as per the setup guide and it was rigid.

Do they have the 2 air chambers? think it’s balancing the pressures right between them.

robhughes
    Free Member

Self balancing mike.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Probably a silly question…..

Have you tried asking where you bought them?

Failing that give Fishers a call

craigxxl
    Free Member

Dual positions are Solo Air.

Shackleton

Mine are a league better then my old dual air pike 454s. It did take a while to get them sorted but they are there now and I like them a lot. Have you checked flood gate settings as well? I set sag first, then compression damping over one hit followed by rebound damping on the same hit. Floodgate in the middle. Then went and fiddled from this base line. If they are new it could take a bit of time for the to break in. Mine did.

yunki
    Free Member

had these forks, no problem setting them up and an a bit of fine tuning and they were great.

same here

LBS set them up for me and tuning the compression and rebound just involves twiddling yer nobs..

like mine a lot but it’s too long for a hardtail (please god don’t let GW hear me admit that) unless of course you rag it everywhere

slight hijack, but am I right in thinking that they are not designed to be run with the reduced sag as the default setting..?

robhughes
    Free Member

Cheers Shackleton.Any advice is welcome.Are yours the exact fork bud(dual position).I normally have no problem setting up suspension front or rear but these may take a little bit more time by the sounds of things.
    I thought my dhx 5 coil on the spicy took a bit of fetteling. 😉

robhughes
    Free Member

Hi again yunki…Yer only for climbing…

yunki
    Free Member

hello rob.. you’re still not getting anywhere I see..

If I could set the fork at the lower setting and leave it there, only winding out when I really wanted to, it would be a keeper for sure..

robhughes
    Free Member

I,ll Get there i,m sure.lol

Northwind

Give it a little time, they’re great forks once you get them to your taste (tunability always means a bit of shakedown time)

yunki
    Free Member

has anyone else got any experiences of failure or success with this fork that they would care to share..?

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

I’ve got this exact fork on my BLT2, replacing the original Pike 454 U-Turns. I reckon the Rev is noticably better in handling both small and big bumps, is lighter and I reckon stiffer. The dual position also works brilliantly – I don’t use it much but very effective when I do

I weigh about 85kg with all kit including 3l of water. Initial set up for 20-25% static sag was 140psi which I found was too low as I was blowing through he travel, so now running it at 150psi which seems about right. I run the rebound just on the fast side of the mid point or it tends to pack down. Compression damping is 3 clicks from clockwise and floodgate about 2/3 round. Hope that makes sense

Seems the perfect fork for everything now, from fast fireroad descents to very steep and technical rock sections

yunki
    Free Member

a great fork then really…

why’s no-one buying the one I’m trying to sell in the classifieds..?

robhughes
    Free Member

Nice one CaptainMainwaring.That gives me a kind of reference point to go off.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘RTL Ti dual pos revs…Are they meant to be this bad.’ is closed to new replies.