• This topic has 74 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by poah.
Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • RT3 vs DB Inline
  • sam_underhill

Obviously I’m very interested to hear how it rides.

tom85_4
    Free Member

I quite fancy replacing the Monarch on my Scout and if the new Inline proves to be reliable over the next six months, it’s probably what I’ll buy

I’m also looking at swapping my shock on my scout- swaying towards a float X at the moment but the inline looks interesting.

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

Arrrghh how do you have that new inline before me, I’m fuming lol. If the new curve is more linear I’ll be bottoming out everywhere.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Bushwacked
    Free Member

Pure luck. Booked it in for the 6th expecting it to be delayed and happened to be the day the parts arrived. Plus only the parts for my size shock arrived, everything else is arriving later this month. Pure lucky

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

I’ve been waiting since boxing day. How does it ride compared to the other one? Performance wise I had zero issues with the shock, it just doesn’t last more than a few months.

sam_underhill

Performance wise I had zero issues with the shock, it just doesn’t last more than a few months.

This

sam_underhill

I guess if it is much too linear then a volume reducer will help it be tunable to more scenarios?

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I’ve sat on it in the kitchen so far, perhaps need to at least ride it round a car park before I give a verdict

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

I’ve just had an email saying I won’t be getting the new IL anytime soon now as they’ve had to reject all the dampers, they also rejected all the dampers on the double barrel too last month so I couldn’t have one of those either. My advise would be to leave these alone until they get their act together. Ohlins designed the original.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Really?? You mean the whole new shock or the upgraded shocks?

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

Their whole delivery, of 200 x 57 dampers. You would think they would receive delivery, check quality of the stock ect before announcing it’s release. This is frankly embarrassing. The parts Tf tuned have are the new parts and hopefully were checked because my old one is getting the upgrade treatment from them. TF tuned on the other hand are brilliant.

sam_underhill

I’m hoping the 190 dampers are ok! I’m not enjoying having the Fox ctd back on my bike.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Just about to test mine out. Will report back

Bushwacked
    Free Member

It’s good, damn good… So much better than the CTD it replaced.

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

Check it held the same air pressure. Mine would drop after every ride even after a service or new.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

All good, same pressure and sag

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Considered an STX 22 from TF tuned instead, guys?

RickDraper
    Free Member

Considered an STX 22 from TF tuned instead, guys?

Id buy one from anyone in the UK TBH.

tftunedshox
    Free Member

Hi , pitchpro please can you email me, dave at tftuned .com or ring me

cheers

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

My inline is already on its way to you Dave as I’ve been told you have the updated parts in my shock size.

sam_underhill

Dave sure knows lots about these CC shocks !
    Excellent service once again from Tf.
    Can’t wait to get mine back.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

If its Cane creek related Dave at TF is the man.

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

Spoke to him earlier cracking guy with a ton of knowledge.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Yeah, Dave’s a top bloke, massively helpful with my shock – took loads of time to discuss it with me.

bullroar
    Free Member

I have been in discussion with Cane Creek about problems with my out of warranty Inline. Long story short they are prepared to do me a rebuild if I send it back to them and cover the postage. I was wondering if anyone else had been down that route, if so how long did it take and how much did it cost to send it there and back. Trying to work out if there is a saving compared to using TFT.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Not something I’ve had to worry about, but what sort of issues have you had?

teethgrinder

bullroar – Member
    I have been in discussion with Cane Creek about problems with my out of warranty Inline.

How old? CC told me 2 years for UK warranty.

I was lucky. Last time my Inline went wrong was October at BPW what it stuck down. Managed to pump it up to re-extend it but needed the CS half-on to get any rebound/compression damping. Shop I bought from closed Nov 15, so couldn’t go through them, and the shock was bought Feb 15, so still within the CC stated 2 year warranty period (TFT said 1 year).

After to-an-fro with Extra (distributor in UK), TFT and CC them selves, they agreed to a warranty upgrade for $75 to a AirCS.

The Inline went back to TFT in October to be fixed under warranty for the third time. Never mounted it again after that – went 2nd hand CCDB Coil as a spare whilst CC sorted the warranty replacement out.

sam_underhill

So far so good. Got a good 3 hours on the new IL upgraded shock yesterday.

I opted for more LSC than previous as I was a) probably running a bit low before and the more linear spring on a DW link bike probably lends itself to needing a bit more LSC (at least in my mind).
    I chose to run 1 turn less HSR to be more in line with similar base tunes for DBInline shocks for the bike from the cane creek forums.
    I had to run significantly higher air pressure for the correct sag with the upgraded IL hardware compared to pre-upgrade. Possibly not that surprising for a DW Link bike with the linear start to the shock?

Riding…..
    Climbing traction was excellent (especially after riding for a while with my old fox CTD in the frame!!!). Definitely better mid stroke support (I guess the increase in LSC helps there). Didn’t find it packed down so the reduction in HSR hasn’t had a detrimental effect. I might play with this a bit.
    I didn’t quite bottom out (although I’m cautious of any bigger drops at the moment). I suspect a tweak to the volume reducers might be worth an experiment once I’ve got that mojo back.
    Rear end grip through faster turns in the loam and over roots etc felt fab. Better than it ever used to with the older DBinline hardware.

Lets hope the reliability is there, because this seems better than ever from a riding perspective.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Good to hear – I’ve been experimenting and feels great riding along – had to add some HSC for drops bigger than 4ft as was bottoming out. Finding on some jumps the backend isn’t quite as I want it so thinking I still need to play.

Overall really pleased and loving it.

bullroar
    Free Member

Got my shock back from TFT last night following the upgrade. A couple of points to note.

1) You need to run a higher air pressure to get the same sag compared to the original.

2) The position and length of the air valve is different to the previous version. Anyone (like me) who has a shock pump with a chunky connector might find it will clash with the new air can before fully engaged. So that will be another £20 plus for a new pump.

darrenspink
    Free Member

How you guys doing with the upgrade, still running fine?
    My inlines going in for warranty next week so going for it.

tom85_4
    Free Member

Picked up my DBAir IL today, looks nice on my 2016 scout. First ride tomorrow!

poah
    Free Member

Waiting on a dbair IL coming for Lewis’s ripcord. Hopefully today

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Had mine for a while now and loving it. Spent some time with Jake from Sprung Suspension and he helped get the bike balanced – feels awesome now.

Great upgrade

poah
    Free Member

not had a chance to test it off road but break away force is greatly reduced.

Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘RT3 vs DB Inline’ is closed to new replies.