Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • RS Yari vs Pike
  • strangey13
    Free Member

Anyone been using the Yari’s? Are they any better than Revelations or is it worth spending the extra on Pikes, 29er hardtail if that makes a difference. Cheers.

benpinnick

Yes they are better than Revelations. Worth paying more for Pikes? Whats the price difference?

LoCo
    Free Member

Yari feels nicer than a set of RCT3 revs to me although chassis completely different.

Pike a bit better damping performance wise.

Unless Pikes are super cheap I’d say the Yari are a solid buy for a ‘hardcore’ hardtail if it’s an xc one unless you’re really heavy I’d go revs (I run RCT3 soloair 29er revs at 110mmon my trail/race hardtail and am 14.5 stone ish)

strangey13
    Free Member

Not looked at prices yet but thought the Yari’s were supposed to be the cheaper of the two. Cheers Loco, sounds like Yari’s then for riding a mix of stuff badly!

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

Is there an embargo on reviews for this fork,it seems to of been on sale for a while but I haven’t seen any yet anywhere?
    At around £270 cheaper than Pike,stronger,coming lots of different sizes of the peg and a bit heavier it should be popular.

thedude
    Free Member

The fact it doesn’t have a bladder, would that make them more reliable?

mccraque

Yari. Ordered mine last Monday. Got an email today saying they will be in stock on March 16th.

Thanks EVANS!

Gotama
    Free Member

Mccraque – if you call loco up there I think you’ll find he can do a very good price on a Yari fork. Stripped, checked and set up before posting too.

Very pleased with mine although if I’m honest I prefer the mrp stage on my other bike but for what the Yari cost it is a great fork and I doubt the less spangly internals slow me down at all. White decals on the legs though…..yeeeesh.

mccraque

Interested….. 120mm and boost?

Gotama
    Free Member

Well the one I bought was boost and he will be able to change the travel to whatever you want so worth a call I’d say. No affiliation, just had a great service from him.

mccraque

Thanks Gotama- I’ve dropped him a note

Scamper
    Free Member

Anyone else had experience of the Yari yet? From what I’ve seen its about £100 cheaper than the Pike?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘RS Yari vs Pike’ is closed to new replies.