Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • RS Sektor RL – Dual Position
  • scandal42
    Free Member

Anyone ride these forks, the 2014/15 120-150 variant? Reviews seem hard to come by online.

Currently riding a set of dual air Rev’s with blackbox that are great but fancy ridding myself of the complexities of air systems.

There will be a weight penalty of roughly 400g but I wouldn’t necessarily mind that if the forks run nice and smooth and offered reliability.

Any thoughts?

BFITH
    Free Member

I have the 2013 Coil DPC 150. Been very happy with them once I got the correct spring in them – great over the really rocky stuff. Just self-serviced them too which was pretty easy once I had all the right tools/oil etc.

jairaj

I’ve used a fixed length Sektor RL for a while while my Rev was being fixed.

The spring weight was correct for my weight from the sag it produced but the much simpler damper was very outclassed buy a Rev RLT damper.

I found it too linear (not surprising as it was a coil) and wanted a bit more support in the mid stroke. There were no compression adjustment so no way I could compensate for it.

They are priced much less than a Rev so for the money an OK fork but if you are used to Blackbox revs I think you’ll be wanting more control from the damper.

Why don’t you just replace the air spring with a coil in your current Revs?

robbonzo
    Free Member

I have owned both, and the Rev is much better. If you want to get rid of the dual air I suggest you get a Solo Air damper fitted by loco etc.

scandal42
    Free Member

Interesting idea to change the dual air to solo air. Although it obviously depends on price.

I will have a look into it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘RS Sektor RL – Dual Position’ is closed to new replies.