Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • RS Sektor issue, just mine or is this normal?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The rebound is realllllllyyyyyy slow.

Not like 1″/second slow, but slower than I’d set it. The adjuster works fine but the range seems biased to the slow end, so despite setting them up for my weight (i.e. quite a lot of air) they still don’t rebound as quick as I think they should, I definately noticed it when coming down jump gulley at Swinely, over-shot the last double which wouldn’t normally be a problem but the fork was still compressed heading into the berm that kicks you out at the end, needed fresh shorts after that!

Took the lowers off today and there was oil in there, so I just wiped them down, smeared some Rock and Roll superslick under the seals and added some 15wt suspension fluid to the lowers. Marginal improvement but not enough to cure it.

Are they all like this out the box and it’ll bed in, or do mine have an issue?

Sektor SL RL (solo air, rebound and compression adjustment, motion control damper).

ampthill

Just to be clear. Thats rebound off turned all the way of the hare and its still to slow

On my solo air recons all the way off feels undamped, just shoots up. I think sectors are similar inside (i don’t have motion control) so it sounds broken

Hopefuly this bump will help an expert give you a better answer

wors

I’d say there must be a problem. When set to the hare mine rebound very quickly.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Yea, turned all the way to the hare, turning the other way makes them really slow.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

put thinner oil in the damper

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I have those forks and they don’t behave like that. Have they been serviced and maybe got too heavy oil in? Or it could be an internal damping fault. Poddy will know.

float
    Free Member

FWIW i have mine only four clicks down from top speed rebound, so maybe the damper is set a bit slow from stock, still fast enough for me though (i like em fast so they dont wallow over rocky downhills). im 70kg if that affects rebound speed…?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

TJ, don’t think so, compression seems fine (open for downhill, 2 clicks for ‘XC’ closed for climbs) if it was the wrong oil it would show up as an issue in the compression as well.

Float, if your lighter than me then you should have less damping than me as the spring puts less force on the damper which consequently doesn’t need to push back as hard.

Sounds like I’ve got a problem 🙁 on the plus side I’m off for 2 weeks without a bike so at least I won’t miss them.

jedi

ask for joe carter at sram service center. he’ll sort ya

LoCo
    Free Member

Sounds like a sticky adjuster rod or grub screw not opening fully so staying slow, should be not disimilar to a pogp stick on full fast.

Get them back to original palce of purchase with a Proof of purchase for return to SRAM for an warranty inspection

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’d go with LoCo on this, it’s good advice. Even I wouldn’t go faffing with new forks if they didn’t work properly!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The man at SRAM, he say………….

Turn all the adjusters off and wait 10-15 rides “making light use of the forks” to see if it improves.

Sounds like he thinks the bushings are a bit tight.

wwaswas

wait 10-15 rides

that’s nearly a whole year’s worth of rides!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘RS Sektor issue, just mine or is this normal?’ is closed to new replies.