Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • RS Sektor any good?
  • munkyboy
    Free Member

I see they can still be had for less than £300 and are 150 less than a yari or revelation. Are they any good or a false economy? Very tempted by some for my seemingly on trend steel hardtail project…

johnw1984
    Free Member

£300 for Sektors seems expensive to me. Father in law has some on his bike. They’re OK, but I suppose it depends on what you’re used to using.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Yes

deviant
    Free Member

Good fork, I ran the coil spring version for years with zero problems. Dead easy to swap out medium for firm for x-firm springs depending on what you’re riding.
    Can’t comment on the air versions I’m afraid.

devash
    Free Member

The Sektor is to the Revelation what the Recon is to the Reba / SID.

Slightly heavier, damping circuit slightly less plush (some would argue, all subjective though) but otherwise very good. A workhorse fork which does the job for a decent price.

£300 is too much though. You can have a brand new set for £200 (sometimes less) if you look around online.

olly2097
    Free Member

I had sektor solo airs a few years ago. Awesome fork.
    Friend has sektor coils which feel far nice to ride than my fox 32 FIT

Go for it I say.

jairaj

Which damper does the fork have?

The chassis is good for a budget fork but the basic R damper while OK for a budget fork I find doesn’t cope too well in rough stuff. Personally I’d prefer paying a bit more for a RCT3 damper if available.

munkyboy
    Free Member

The one I was looking at has motion control damping (solo air). Seems the price has jumped a bit recently. Might give it a punt as its so much cheaper than the next stage up.

retro83
    Free Member

I’ve got the coil Sektor RL, it was cheap from planet x or somewhere. Perfectly serviceable fork.

Before this I had a pimped out Revelation with upgraded dampers etc, then before that I had a Push’d Pike. It’s not as good as those, but it’s still fine.

Mackem

I like them. Ran my old ones into the ground over a few years, replaced with latest model.

jamiesilo
    Free Member

it’s my main fork.
    i would go for the coil over the air if i bought new ones.
    about to convert my air to dual pos coil.
    i’ve also upgraded the rebound damper to a dual flow one frome revelations.
    that’s a handy thing about them, they are basically old revelations, so rev type rebound or compression dampers just pop staight in.
    it’s not a pike, but perfectly decent fork if you’re not feeling too snobby, and just the same as a yari if i’m not mistaken, but with 32mm stanchions as opposed to 35(?) on yari

BillOddie

Careful now…

There are a few versions, the good ones have the old Motion Control Damper in them, which was that damper in the old Pikes and Revelations. Perfectly good damper and fork if a little twangy over 120mm travel by current standards.

I would avoid the cheaper versions you might find with the Turnkey dampers as those dampers are frankly horrid.

If you can find a deal I’d go for a set of Yaris personally.

I have used Old Pikes, New Pikes, Old-ish Revs, New Revs…
    The chassis stiffness of the Yari (same as New Pike) and it’s Motion Control Damper is brilliant budget combo.

chestrockwell

I had some on my 2014 Orange. Meh, do the job but get flustered very quickly. My mates similar age Revs were £150 better. Got my Pikes for less than £500 and they’re better still.

superstu
    Free Member

Have some solo air that came with my 45650b. Still have them and think they’re a great fork. I’d get another pair for sure. Think £300 is quite a lot though.

bouncecycles
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with the Sektor RL for the money, that would be my choice out of the Sektor range.

prawny

I’ve got Sektor Silvers with the Turnkey damper, I wouldn’t want to be racing the EWS on them but they’re infinitely better than the Suntour Raidons on my old bike.

You can get infer from the above that I make do with cheaper bikes, and for the price they’re good. I’d be interested in some Moco ones, if only to get rid of the slurping.

jamiesilo
    Free Member

definately gold sektor gold, preferably RLs yes, not silver
    = moco dmaper, ally (?) stantions etc.
    they’re the fork equiv of deores i’d say, whereas silvers are below that.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘RS Sektor any good?’ is closed to new replies.