Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • RS Sektor. Any good.
  • chestrockwell

Hello all. I’m considering having another go with some RS and am eyeing up some 2014 Sektors so any real world reviews would be great. I had some Revs a few years back, how will they compare?

chakaping
    Free Member

Yes they’re good, which model?

They have different damping systems.

chestrockwell

29er Turn Key Solo Airs. Dampers any good?

nevermindthebutter
    Free Member

Got a TK29 Solo, with 20mm Maxle and tapered steerer. Been pleasantly surprised; it’s stiff, has a very good damper (which only gets a tiny bit overwhelmed on high speed stutter bumps), rides high enough but still uses travel when it needs to.
    I’ve had several Fox 32/36, SID and a couple of Revelations, and the Sektor works as well as any of them…

chestrockwell

Thanks for that. Bought the bike with them on so we’ll see what they’re like!

_tom_
    Free Member

I have an RL and it’s ok. Bit divey without using loads of compression. I preferred my old Pike..

jambalaya
    Free Member

I have adjustable 150/120’s coil shocks – they are OK, bought on combination of price and performance. If I were buying again I’d shop around to see what’s out there which could be better performing or better value, wouldn’t automatically buy them again.

EDIT: I would agree with this review, very useful to have the adjustment, good all round feel but when it’s really tough (ie oushing hard in rough terrain) they are a bit lightweight. As I ride mostly Surrey Hills and Peaks with them they are fine. bikeradar review

chestrockwell

I’m not really a RS fan to be honest but will give them a chance.

Northwind

Remember all the Rev dampers etc are compatible so you can upgrade if you feel the urge. (they’re basically the same thing). Quite tempted to put a sektor coil in my blackbox revs!

chestrockwell

Cheers Northwind. They’re on a 5 29 that I’ve just got after reading your report so I hope you were right! 😆

BadlyWiredDog

I run a Sektor Coil U-Turn, ride mostly in the Peak and the one thing I found, as per that Bikeradar review, is that they tended to pack down over repeated high-speed rocky stuff. I fitted the Dual Flow rebound damper from a Revelation and that made a big difference.

As Northwotnot says, a lot of the damper and spring units are interchangeable, so you could, for example, fit the Dual Flow rebound damper and an RCT3 compression one from an equivalent Revelation, which would make for a nice fork, kind of a like a top-end Revelation with a coil spring.

The only thing you may need to change is the position of the top-out spring which is – or at least used to be – kebabbed on the rebound damper stack.

Northwind

chestrockwell – Member

They’re on a 5 29 that I’ve just got after reading your report

What, the report when I said I wouldn’t buy one? 🙂

nixie

The turnkey damper is the cheapest model however as said above you can fit the better dampers.

chestrockwell

What, the report when I said I wouldn’t buy one?

Yep, that’s the one 😆 It was going to be a Gyro or a 5 29 anyway so your report swung it.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘RS Sektor. Any good.’ is closed to new replies.