Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • RS Revs RLT Ti 2010 set up guide?
  • votchy
    Free Member

These arrived today but no manual or set up guide, been on the RS website and can’t find anything there, any ideas where I can get a basic starter for ten as these are my first RS forks and not sure what all the dials/controls do etc, also which way round do you set the air pressures, +ve or -ve first?

dafunkphenomenon
    Free Member

Have a look on the bike radar forum in the FAQ bit there’s a post there about setting up RS dual airs.
    Can’t post a link sorry, on mobile

Northwind

Positive first then negative. Ignore the recommended pressures, set it by sag instead. Negative should probably be either the same as, or just slightly less than the positive, ymmv. Leave the compression adjuster switched off while you’re monkeying about. And then once you’ve got the spring rate about right, bounce it about and then adjust the rebound til that feels vaguely right too- not so slow as to bog, not so fast as to top out. And that’s pretty much it. There’s a load of subtlety in it, balancing positive and negative, messing around with the compression adjuster, but the basics are pretty straightforward.

Don’t settle for a “good enoug” settling, it’s a blackbox for so the damping is about as good as it gets, they should feel pretty much awesome once they’re right.

Northwind

As a layman’s guide… Positive first then negative. Ignore the recommended pressures, set it by sag instead. Negative should probably be either the same as, or just slightly less than the positive, ymmv. Leave the compression adjuster switched off while you’re monkeying about. And then once you’ve got the spring rate about right, bounce it about and then adjust the rebound til that feels vaguely right too- not so slow as to bog, not so fast as to top out. And that’s pretty much it. There’s a load of subtlety in it, balancing positive and negative, messing around with the compression adjuster, but the basics are pretty straightforward.

Don’t settle for a “good enoug” settling, it’s a blackbox for so the damping is about as good as it gets, they should feel pretty much awesome once they’re right. I’m no expert so for me there was a lot of trial and error but you can probably do better than that.

votchy
    Free Member

Thanks for the responses, as for compression and rebound I assume rebound is red knob at bottom of fork leg and compression is the ‘gate’ knob above the blue lockout adjuster?

scruff
    Free Member

blue is compresion, gate is lock out blowoff.

LoCo
    Free Member

Hi as above pos. then neg. air for compressiona and rebound have a look at my guide, with a glossary and problems solver to work through settings:

http://locotuning.co.uk/tech-info.html

any further queries feel free to mail me.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘RS Revs RLT Ti 2010 set up guide?’ is closed to new replies.