Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • RS Revs – fixing rebound?
  • kezzab
    Free Member

Hi – the rebound dial on my Revs no longer works, as far as I can tell this is because the internal allen "nut" that the red rebound adjuster fits in has rounded off, meaning the rebound adjuster has no effect. Is there an easy/cheap way to replace the inner "nut" bit of the rebound? Can't face £80 to TFT etc.

Cheers

coatesy
    Free Member

Before you do anything, have you tried using an allen key to adjust it instead of the knob?If the key turns the adjuster, but has no actual effect, then you're probably looking at a leaking damper cartridge(certainly common on the cheaper forks in the range).

kezzab
    Free Member

Hi – have tried an allen key, it just spins in the adjuster…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    coatesy
    Free Member

New damper cartridge time, unless you can jam something in to set the damping as you like and then leave it. As an aside, they aren't actually that difficult to change if you're mechanically competent.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

How the SMEG have you managed to round that allen bolt off? I'm astonished. 😯

james
    Free Member

Mines done the same here too
    Allen bolt? not the 5mm on the bottom, but the one internally (or did you mean that (2.5mm) one?

Whyte1
    Free Member

mine failed too off it went to Stendec in went new updated cartridge and now they are better than ever by a long way

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘RS Revs – fixing rebound?’ is closed to new replies.