Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • RS Reverb Vs Thomson Elite dropper
  • Gordymac
    Free Member

Having used a Gravity dropper classic for ages now without a problem a change of frame will allow me to consider both the Reverb or Elite. As good as the GD has been I can’t help think that the new generation of droppers are more refined leading to better performance.
    What are everyone’s experiences good or bad between the two posts as I would imagine they are pretty close to each other so does it come down to name?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Reverb – use history, failures, hose is a problem on some frames but stealth fixes that if your frame complies.
    Thomson – not seen a full winter yet. Their first attempt at a moving part so an unkown.

Take a look at KS too.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I’ve got a reverb, been running it for 2yrs and its been absolutely flawless, its a great bit of kit. Just starting to get signs of play in the top bush, but still plenty to go at before I will address.

My mate got a Thompson a few months ago so too early to report on long terms reliability, but its a very nicely engineered piece of kit, and works great. Its cable actuated.

Can’t go wrong with either i’d say.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I have a Thomson. It has been very good so far, although I spared it the worst of the winter.

The action is very nice, it’s no faff at all to change the cable to keep it all going nicely, the remote lever is a thing of great beauty and simplicity and appears very difficult to damage in a spill. I had one of the first batch which developed a bit of play as a result of the bushing collar moving. Support with that problem in the UK has been good.

It does look pretty cool.

It was punishingly expensive, but I was also very willing to dislike it, and I very defintely don’t.

Stevet1
    Free Member

I am in a similar situation and decided on the Thomson BUT I would like 6″ drop and Thomson is currently only 5″. I emailed Thomson and thay said they would respond to customer demand so I’m hangign fire to see if a 6″ drop Thomson materializes (and using the time to save up my pennies).

sillyoldman

KS do 150mm drop with static cable. Good UK support now too which was an issue in the past.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘RS Reverb Vs Thomson Elite dropper’ is closed to new replies.