Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • RS Revelations, can you swap from remote pop-loc to the one on the fork leg?
  • alfabus
    Free Member

Got some Rev Races for the missus' bike. They came with remote poploc, but her 31.8 handlebars bulge in precisely the wrong place to allow the remote lever to be mounted (without moving her brakes to somewhere sub-optimal).

Is there any way that you can swap to non-remote poploc?

Dave

ps I've got Rev Teams on my 575 with the non remote control, so if they are swappable between forks, that could be doable.

clubber
    Free Member

Yes, just unhook the spring from the motioon control cartridge. Peter Poddy has a guide somewhere

glenh
    Free Member

You can take the damper out, unhook the spring and replace the top cap with an non-remote one.

You can also swap your non-remote damper for her remote one in about 2mins. Although, if your team versions are 09/10 ones they will have the blackbox damper, so you'll be swapping for her standard one (this might require and oil level change too)…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

You'll be needing this then! 🙂

CLICKY

13thfloormonk

So long as neither of them are 'blackbox' then you should just be able to wheech the cartridge out of one and put it back in the other.

Remember to remove the cartridges VERY slowly to allow the oil to dribble back into the chamber, otherwise you'll need to measure and refill.

Alternatively unhook the spring as clubber suggests, and you can buy the lever for the top of the leg if you really want to neaten things up.

Pook

what are your plans for the poploc?

Jamie
    Free Member

and you can buy the lever for the top of the leg if you really want to neaten things up.

….which can be bought here.

alfabus
    Free Member

blimey, I think this might rate as the most useful thread I have ever read on STW 🙂 It seems that if you ask the right question, all manner of doors open up to you!

My forks are blackbox, and non-remote, so does that mean that they won't have the spring in there so I can't fit her remote to mine?

Dave

13thfloormonk

I was told (by the importers) that blackbox and non-blackbox forks couldn't swap cartridges.

If yours is non-remote then I doubt you could convert it. Looks like you'll need to un-hook the spring.

julianwilson
    Free Member

My forks are blackbox, and non-remote, so does that mean that they won't have the spring in there so I can't fit her remote to mine?

basically yes: if there's no return spring in there in the first place you won't get one in to pull 'against' a bar mouted lever.

alfabus
    Free Member

OK Cheers guys.

re Pook:
    I do some remote poploc rebas on another bike with no remote (smashed it in a crash), so could use it there… or i suppose I could sell it. TF Tuned list them at £65 !!

Dave

glenh
    Free Member

I was told (by the importers) that blackbox and non-blackbox forks couldn't swap cartridges.

I don't see any reason why that might be the case assuming the leg/crown/thread size is the same (which I'm sure it will be).
    The only likely difference is the length of the 'spring' that is plastic on the standard forks and titanium on the blackbox ones, meaning you'll need to adjust the oil height in the leg.
    I might be wrong though, I don't have a blackbox MC compression damper to compare.

13thfloormonk

Ah. You've caught me there Glenh, it might not have been blackbox vs. motion control, it could have been powerbulge vs non-powerbulge lowers

Either way, I had a faulty damper in my new, blackbox, powerbulge rebas, and when I asked fisher if I could just put my old MC damper in there while they looked at the blackbox one, they said they weren't a straight swap.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘RS Revelations, can you swap from remote pop-loc to the one on the fork leg?’ is closed to new replies.