Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • RS Revelation Team poploc conversion
  • dougieb
    Free Member

Just about to convert my Rev teams from poploc adjust to the manual (carbon lever) compression adjuster. I understand what needs to be done and I’m familiar with the fork internals.

I’ve purchased the rather expensive lever but I understand to get the compression lever to adjust in increments I need to get hold of a small spring and ball bearing. Anybody know what size these are and where I can get hold of them ?

Thanks

dougieb
    Free Member

Calling LoCo ?

LoCo
    Free Member

RLT TI moco is it? If so will have something that’ll mail me and I’ll send a selection to you 😀

dougieb
    Free Member

Top man LoCo. It is indeed a RLT Ti. Why don’t I buy something off you and you can pop them spring / bearing in with said items. I could do with a dust seal and foam ring kit for the 2011 Revs – do you sell those ? Would also be interested in the foam rings as they seem to need replacing more often than the seals.

LoCo
    Free Member

Yes we carry those kits and foam rings separatly as well

dougieb
    Free Member

Great. I’ll give you a call tomorrow morning to order.

dougieb
    Free Member

Anybody know where the hole is where the ball bearing and spring fit to get the indent clicks as you rotata the compression knob? I have the black box damper in half but can’t locate a housing for the ball bearing?

LoCo
    Free Member

on the internal shaft against the inside surface of the top cap, it’s a l/h thread (backwards) on the top cap to remove it. 😀

dougieb
    Free Member

Thanks loco – does that mean I use a socket on the brass nut that the compression knob is housed on to unscrew the push rod ?

dougieb
    Free Member

This is how far I’ve got

Removed the damper
    drilled the rivets out to get at the internals and unhook the return spring
    separated the push rod from from the port component

Left with this

Assuming I need to remove the push rod somehow fromt the top cap but unsure what I need to unscrew

dougieb
    Free Member

Bumping to see if the good man Loco can provide any more insight

slinkybike
    Free Member

I have looked at doing this with a ti black box moco before I guessed at drilling out the pop rivets but could not figure out how to re-attach the ti spring, is it just re-riveting it back.

LoCo
    Free Member

The top cap unscrews, (L/H thread, don’t drill the rivets out, sorry, the detent marks are on the inside of the black top assm. that’s riveted into the main body.

dougieb
    Free Member

dougieb
    Free Member

Ah ok, I was following this guide on the mtbr forums http://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspension/switching-poploc-knob-rs-revelation-436769.html that instructs you to drill the rivets and remove the spring. I have the correct sized rivets so re-assembling is straight forward.

So I could have just unscrewed the brass top cap (L/H thread so clockwise to unscrew) via the hex knob that the adjuster lever is housed on. Then removed the return spring, fit the detent bearing and spring in the black outer top cap and refit the push rod. Makes sense.

As usual Loco an amazing source of help. The rear shock needs a service soon, it will definitely be coming your way.

LoCo
    Free Member

Cheers Dougie, yes the the top cap screws off, but I usually have to use shaft clamps to hold it as they’re pretty tight and the main body holes are pretty sharp if held in you hand

slinkybike
    Free Member

So it’s just like a turnkey or a regular mo-co, I will be doing that this weekend then.

LoCo
    Free Member

Similar, just make sure you don’t loose the detent ball and spring when you remove the shaft from the top cap after you have taken the top cap off the main body.

dougieb
    Free Member

Loco – just sent you a PM. Cheers

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘RS Revelation Team poploc conversion’ is closed to new replies.