Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • RS Revelation damper spares
  • 1988ajk
    Free Member

When i turn the rebound knob of my RS Revelation fork there is no clicking sound and has no effect on the damping. Ive had a long allen key up inside the damper shaft to check it wasnt the rebound knob that was worn but no joy.

Does anyone know where I can source Rockshox part number 11.4018.025.003 ???

I have tried TF Tuned, and I’m all googled out, the internet does not want to sell me one 🙁 .

Just bought a Pike so doing this as a repair to sell on, in perfect working order.

Cheers!

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Nil Stock at Zyrofisher and no due date.
    Also try R8025003
    26″ fork?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Planet X got any?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

The click is just a ball bearing, spring and detent. The its either full of muck or the spring has rusted.

The no damping adjustment thing could be from a number of causes. You ought to have it apparently to know before you start spending on things you might not need.

Northwind

You probably don’t need an exact match part, there’s lots of intercompatibility. TF were pretty helpful with this for me- I blew up a blackbox rev damper and it was basically uneconomic to replace it, so they found me a standard moco damper from a dead fork and swapped it in for me, they barely charged.

martinhutch

Have you had the thing apart? Could just need a full strip and service with new seals and oil. Which would be a cheaper option all round.

warpcow
    Free Member

mountainbike.net and gabelprofi.de are always good for RS parts if you can’t find it elsewhere. But yeah, I’d strip it and have a look first.

1988ajk
    Free Member

Thanks for the direction guys.

Yes I had the fork apart because the damper seals blew up and let the damper oil into the lowers, meaning the forks were hydro-locking at 40mm of 140mm travel (the non clicking damper shaft issue was prior to this though).

If I could find a cross section of the damper shaft I would have a good idea of how to fix the ‘rusty’ or ‘stuck’ ball bearing, I think I will blather penetrant oil inside the damper shaft to free the mechanism up (thanks Scienceofficer).

In the meantime I will check the part codes of other forks in the RS spares catalog to see if something matches, or if a similar fork has cheap and readily available spares.

My brand new Solo RCT3 Pike arrives on Monday anyway, got them for a steal at £570.

teethgrinder

That’s the Compression damper. Rebound damper is on the shaft, isn’t it?

1988ajk
    Free Member

yes the rebound is on the shaft, I stripped the fork down because the seals in the upper stanchions of the damper side blew.

RickDraper
    Free Member

If I could find a cross section of the damper shaft I would have a good idea of how to fix the ‘rusty’ or ‘stuck’ ball bearing, I think I will blather penetrant oil inside the damper shaft to free the mechanism up (thanks Scienceofficer).

The damper you have will be non user serviceable. The ends are crimped onto it preventing any maintinance.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘RS Revelation damper spares’ is closed to new replies.