Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • RS Recon TK Gold solo air problem
  • billytinkle
    Free Member

Help please! Found one of the rubber stanchion seals had popped off last night and that there was very little air pressure in the shock.

Pushed the seal back on and pumped back up to full pressure (140psi) and all seemed fine.

This morning riding to work I noticed that I was losing travel slowly until the point where they were bottomed out. I stopped to have a closer look and re-extended the forks by taking all my weight off of them and they appeared ok to continue – offering (what appeared to be) normal operation again. A couple of miles later the same thing happened, and then a little later the same again.

It appears to happen very quickly when the forks are open, but I usually have them locked out for the commute and they will go for a mile or two before they start to lose travel.

Any ideas what’s going on?

Edric64
    Free Member

I had knackered seals inside mine and they went to on one for a warranty repair.I think a valve was leaking

acidchunks

Interesting. I noticed the left wiper seal on my girlfriends Gold TKs had popped off on Saturday after a ride. Pushed it back on and thought no more of it.

jairaj

sounds like you have a broken seal that needs replacing. This lets pressure out of the air spring and pressurises your lowers which will pop the rubber seal out.

An air spring service should fix the problem.

billytinkle
    Free Member

jairaj – Member
    sounds like you have a broken seal that needs replacing. This lets pressure out of the air spring and pressurises your lowers which will pop the rubber seal out.

An air spring service should fix the problem.

Just in case it helps anyone else, jairaj was quite correct. All fine now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘RS Recon TK Gold solo air problem’ is closed to new replies.