Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • RS pop lock is driving me crazy…….please help
  • bluebouye
    Free Member

Newer version of the cable pop lock. Two months old and started to play up virtually from the start. The stupid button doesn’t release to unlock the fork. I’ve tried changing the cable but it does the same. I’m resorting to reaching down, pulling the end of the cable to lock out then pressing the bar mount to release. Any tips Please

thegreatape
    Free Member

I think there are different ones so this may not be relevant to yours. The poploc on my wife’s Rebas was doing the same thing, but after taking it apart and cleaning it up and so on I couldn’t get the bloody thing back together again. Unfortunately the cable slack equals fork locked out, cable tight equals fork bouncy, but you can do away with the poploc by using a short bit of cable to lock the thing on the top of the fork leg open.

mcnultycop

It’s a bit unnecessary anyway, I swapped mine out so its adjustable on the fork top now.

bluebouye
    Free Member

I’d happily make it a non remote lock out but that means changing the damper which I’d rather not do!!!!!!

spooky_b329

On my older one I didn’t need to change any parts, just unhooked a spring using some needle nosed pliers. O ring round the cable groove on the top cap and thats the horrible metal knee gouger (aka Pushlock) out the way.

I kept the plastic Poplock on the singlespeed as I actually use it occasionally and its presumably not capable of creating as much gore as the metal Pushlock.

jwh
    Free Member

I’ve solved this problem by stripping the pop loc bit and tightening the spring

Just remove the top cap and pull out the top section of the right leg which is the bit for the pop loc. Then you can remove the top cap from the plastic body by unscrewing it. It’s a reverse thread so take care
    Once I had or on bits I wound the spring up tighter and reassembled. Works a treat now.
    This was on a 29er Reba rlc.

bluebouye
    Free Member

Thanks jwh.

bluebouye
    Free Member

…….and everyone else

tinglesrack
    Free Member

If its 2 months old get it sorted under warrnaty. I know of a few people who have had issues with the bar lever and Rockshox have resolved it without fuss

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘RS pop lock is driving me crazy…….please help’ is closed to new replies.