Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • RS Pike or Marz 350?
  • deviant
    Free Member

I’m in the process of making my Trance a little more biased towards the descents, I’ve put my RS Revelation up for sale and will be replacing it with something bigger and longer….two forks immediately come to mind, the Pike and the new 350 from Marzocchi…honourable mention to Fox for the 34 (the new 36 is out of my budget) but is it still crap?

Price wise I can get the Marz and the Pike for similar, I like what I’ve read about the 350 riding high in its travel, can’t stand wallowing suspension….but the Pike does seem to be universally loved, what to do?

X-Fusion Sweep is a possibility but the model I’ve found in my budget seems very basic, think it only has rebound adjustment.

Anybody running the Marz 350cr as this is the one I keep coming back to?!

chrisdw
    Free Member

*adds thread to forum activity list*

I’m looking at the same 3 (2) forks in 650b guise.

Currently leaning pike as I know rock shox internals and as there’s so many about easy to get/find help with them.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

You can probably add these to your list for consideration.

Manitou Mattoc
    MRP Stage
    Formula Thirty Five

I have a 350 CR and I love the performance of it especially for rocky peaks riding. However my first was warrantied after a few months due to stiction and stanchion wear. Now less than 3 months on the warranty fork has stanchion wear as well, I only found it today so haven’t decided what to do yet. Unlike my first one the performance of this one is spot on.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chrisdw
    Free Member

The mattoc was on my list too. Looks great and I like manitou stuff. The pike and 350 are about £100 cheaper tho.

The dvo diamond is due out soon too. Rrp about 800 butnim sure won’t have much discount available. Will look at the formula. Never heard of that one.

Not keen on the mrp. Looks a bit ‘prototype’

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘RS Pike or Marz 350?’ is closed to new replies.