Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • RS Pike -Lower Leg Service
  • SBrock
    Free Member

Ok my Pikes have had 18mths hard riding in the Dark Peak and have performed admirably, with all this bad weather I'm not doing much riding so Im giving them a service!

The wiper seals, oil seals and foam rings look ok so Im very reluctant to remove them – just clean em up.

is this oil ok for the lowers…… http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=21091%5D

Can anyone offer some tips??

Jimbo
    Free Member

Don't bother with that. Visit your nearest motorcycle shop/Halfords and get a bottle of normal suspension oil. 15wt is what's required for the lowers, IIRC. Should be something like £5 for half a litre…

SBrock
    Free Member

mmmm i think I will try there then, I only need 15ml for each leg so I suppose I will have plenty for future services!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    SBrock
    Free Member

mmmm i just looked at the SRAM website and it says you can use 5,10 or 15wt oil – i'm confused noew does it really matter for the lowers??

SBrock
    Free Member

seeing as you need 5wt for the damping circuit then gonna use 5wt for the lowers as well and at the same time will service the damping circuit as well!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘RS Pike -Lower Leg Service’ is closed to new replies.