• This topic has 22 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by hora.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • RS Pike – cheapest places?
  • hora
    Free Member

Where’s best to buy them from? Last time I looked you could have them for reasonable prices, now it’s 😯

mikewsmith
    Free Member

You might want to be more specific….
    Size
    Travel
    Feature Set

Google shopping brings up a range of years specs and prices….

Also what do you think is a fair price?

The mass of cheap ones could have been down to a lot of reasons (RS flooding the market with their new product etc.)

hora
    Free Member

RC isn’t bad? (650b required). Travel open to 150 or 160

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

They’ve got the Yari ones out now. Meant to basically be the same but a bit cheaper

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Meant to basically be the same but a bit cheaper

The Yari is based around the Lyric chassis, not the Pike. Also has the older MoCo cartridge, not the Charger. So other than being black & made by RS, not really the same at all 😉

hora
    Free Member

I’ll stick looking for a Pike then

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

The Yari is based around the Lyric chassis, not the Pike. Also has the older MoCo cartridge, not the Charger. So other than being black & made by RS, not really the same at all

I think what ygh meant was that the Yari is meant for the same type of riding/terrain etc as the Pike, just a bit heavier and thus cheaper.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

Rose bikes or bikediscount.de had them around the £500 mark in their last sale a few months back, Merlin was the only uk site offering a lowish price

vmgscot

Remember an email from TF Tuned recently – Pikes at £475 but can’t remember what size – possibly 26″

drovercycles
    Free Member

Folks – don’t forget your LBS (if you want to support them) or any UK dealer can match any UK or European online price you see, at a discount of up to 30% off RRP – so if you can find the fork you want at £574 or thereabouts, grab the details, and talk to your preferred retailer.

If you find them on offer at more than 30% off, your LBS should still be able to knock off the 30% – then it’s up to you whether the value they add justifies any remaining difference in cost…

As far as we can see, there aren’t many RCT3 Solo Air Pikes in 27.5″ or 29″ for under £570 or so since the euro strengthened again.

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Regards yari, I was “told” the thing to do was buy a yari then have a charge damper fitted and it’s still cheaper than a lyric buy cheaper? And he said better but cannot think why?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Folks – don’t forget your LBS (if you want to support them)

Hora doesn’t do LBS….

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Hora doesn’t do Legendary BullShit? 😆

matther01
    Free Member

http://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/1649699/

Might be worth contacting?

hora
    Free Member

Anymore?

stevied
    Free Member

I think what ygh meant was that the Yari is meant for the same type of riding/terrain etc as the Pike, just a bit heavier and thus cheaper.

No, the Yari is a cheaper version of the Lyrik. Up to 180mm travel, same chassis but, as mentioned, different damper. A whole 18g heavier 😯
    Bloody good fork it is too.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Winstanleys had some At £499…but it’s Winstanleys 😐

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, but you’d have to spend 700 quid to get it with the avalanche, which I’d imagine would affect SRAM warranty. Be better buying a lyrik.

stevied
    Free Member

UK cycle centre will price match European shops IIRC

matther01
    Free Member
    hora
    Free Member

He says he’s not selling separately 🙁

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘RS Pike – cheapest places?’ is closed to new replies.